Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR T5 Security Fast Track Etiquette - Dressing at Belt / Placing Tray at the end

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T5 Security Fast Track Etiquette - Dressing at Belt / Placing Tray at the end

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by deboyzoned
For those you that use LHR T5 Fast Track Security

1) Prepare while in Queue to place your baggage on belt. So annoying that some travellers get to the belt and start preparing!

2) Once your tray has gone through the scanner, please do not start getting dressed at the belt and re-packing your carry on. Use the tables and seats provided. By doing so at the belt you are delaying trays going through!

3) Place your tray at the end when empty, do not leave it on the belt.

4) Every week when i fly i see inconsiderate travellers (mostly with BA Gold tags on their bags) not following the above 3 Points.

5) Is it because you think you are a SNOB or can you really not read English. The signs are posted above the belts.

6) I have now decided to loudly shame People who can clearly read english but are clearly snobbish !

This is mostly the men but also women.
7. Take a chill pill so you didn't get so wound up over points 1-6
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
I started the shaming on Monday this week after 3 Gold members left the complete belt after scanner with empty trays blocking anything else coming through. Please Mr Ambassador PETER01 .. do not tell what i can or cannot say in public.

For your record .... all the passengers behind me in the Queue absolutely agreed.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Who do you think you are... "I have now decided to loudly shame People who can clearly read english but are clearly snobbish"

Maybe chill out a bit, worry about your own life, and stop getting irate about what other people do ^

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Mar 14, 2017 at 4:22 pm Reason: Remove shorthand for swearing
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:12 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

If the individuals are causing a delay to me getting my bags ... AND they are frequent travellers (mostly BA GOLD as i mentioned) and they consider themselves as SNOBS (which most of them do) and feel they should leave their emty trays on the belt.

Then I have everyright to shae them in public.
So it's unique to BA Golds then most of whom are snobs? Utter nonsense and you do not have the right to 'shame' anyone in public. Perhaps politely saying ' excuse me, you've left your tray' or words to that effect but you are advocating you would raise your voice/try to humiliate them?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:14 pm

I started the shaming on Monday this week after 3 Gold members left the complete belt after scanner with empty trays blocking anything else coming through. Please Mr Ambassador PETER01 .. do not tell what i can or cannot say in public.

For your record .... all the passengers behind me in the Queue absolutely agreed.
Not the PAX's problem. Airport should employ people to handle the trays or install the automatic checkers which process empty trays.

I am not going to collect my laptop, place it on a table and then wait for my carryon to make it through as I was assigned place 4 and place 1/2/3 each push their trays in ahead of me.

Shame whoever you like, no one will think much of you.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:14 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
This thread maybe better placed in DYKWIA thread.

S
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:16 pm

Of course I am not saying at all what or what you can't do in public, that's your choice and I am making a general point over all and debating your point, not you.

However what I will say if you were to start shouting at them, possibly alarming or frightening them, then you are leaving yourself wide open for a potential meet with the authorities.

I would suggest of you are not happy then to ask the staff to remind passengers to put them away or write in etc.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
By no means i am shouting or abusing or alarming or frightening them.

Shaming is a way of saying to the traveller that please read the signs about trays.

The word loudly means openly. Not in a harrassing way.

Can the People on this Forum that want to have a genuine discussion on this Topic please stay.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:21 pm

Can the People on this Forum that want to have a genuine discussion on this Topic please stay.
Or will you shame us into leaving?

Pathetic.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:22 pm

6) I have now decided to loudly shame People who can clearly read english but are clearly snobbish !

This is mostly the men but also women.
If you attempted to loudly shame me, be prepared I'm going to loudly tell you where to put your egotistical verbal trash.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: QF, BA, VA
I'm a four tray sort of chap.

1. Laptops +LAG's
2. Backpack*
3. Roll-aboard*
4. Scottevest Jacket"

Rarely do all four come out one after another. To me this is the major failing of the T5 security setup.

Security at T5 is just an occupational hazard. It is frustrating but no amount of "shaming" will improve the experience for me.

*Within the limits allowed by BA
"The jacket includes phones/iPad/batteries etc etc.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:26 pm

By no means i am shouting or abusing or alarming or frightening them.

Shaming is a way of saying to the traveller that please read the signs about trays.

The word loudly means openly. Not in a harrassing way.

I agree it can be a frustrating experience with what is a simple matter of trays etc but perhaps you would maybe want to edit your post?

'loudly shaming' in English, which I appreciate may not be your first language or you have misinterpreted the way Brits would read that, very much means DYKWIA type behaviour.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by TonyHancock
I'm a four tray sort of chap.

1. Laptops +LAG's
2. Backpack*
3. Roll-aboard*
4. Scottevest Jacket"

Rarely do all four come out one after another. To me this is the major failing of the T5 security setup.
Are you a mere Gold? Perhaps in the perfect world of the GGL all trays come out together
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: QF, BA, VA
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
Are you a mere Gold? Perhaps in the perfect world of the GGL all trays come out together
I fear it is because I am an ex EU (8000TP) GGL.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
The current tray system is actually worse than it was before where empty trays were auto-loaded into a stack that distributed them back to the start of the queue. Not sure why they had to change it (trays are bigger though).

That said, really not a fan when people find it too much for them to place their empty tray into the stack. It's not too much to ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.