Domestic RFS flexibility

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:09 am
:D!
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Domestic RFS flexibility

Need to fly GLA-LON, non-LHR options are LCY at 1730 or LGW at 2145. and the LHR options in between will all get me home later than the LGW.

Problem is the earliest I can get to GLA will either be 1600 or 1800 but won't know until 1300 on the day.

I understand a Plus fare doesn't allow you to swap to a different airport so if I'm willing to pay Ł17.50 for flexibility, is the best option just to book both flights on RFS and cancel the one I don't end up taking? Will BA find this odd and mess something up?

(I did check easyJet)
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You are correct, Plus tickets don't allow you to switch easily between airports, though you are still able to pay the fare difference (and for LCY ticket endorsed to LGW that should not be a lot of money). Personally I'd do Plus to LCY, since there is usually a later GLA-LCY service near 20:00 hrs. If it's very variable (e.g. could be a lot earlier) there is a merit in doing Plus to LHR given the good timetable.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:31 am
:D!
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
since there is usually a later GLA-LCY service near 20:00 hrs.
There isn't on the day I'm looking at (it's a Friday), otherwise I'd just book that and find something to do in Glasgow if I'm early, or sit in the lounge for a bit longer..
Old Mar 12, 2017, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You are correct, Plus tickets don't allow you to switch easily between airports, though you are still able to pay the fare difference (and for LCY ticket endorsed to LGW that should not be a lot of money). Personally I'd do Plus to LCY, since there is usually a later GLA-LCY service near 20:00 hrs. If it's very variable (e.g. could be a lot earlier) there is a merit in doing Plus to LHR given the good timetable.
The fare difference plus a Ł60 change fee.

Also to the OP, you can't cancel a RFS inside 24 hours.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA bronze
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
The fare difference plus a Ł60 change fee.

Also to the OP, you can't cancel a RFS inside 24 hours.
Well you can but you don't get the Avios back.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
+1 for Plus ticket as RFS can't be cancelled inside 24 hours (or they can but you won't get anything back). Or bite the bullet and book the later flight. Or live on the edge and book the earlier ;-)
Old Mar 12, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
I have been able to change an RFS on the day for a future date instead of losing it.....
Old Mar 12, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA bronze
Originally Posted by Skipcool3
I have been able to change an RFS on the day for a future date instead of losing it.....
Online or by phone?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:45 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Skipcool3
So have I (over phone) but I don't think we should assume that that's an option.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Do you want to risk it with RFS? I know from my many experiences that BA release the most seats the day before departure, right after midnight. This even works for flights that once were not on the redemption list.
window.post_1489399434048_2 = function(win,msg){
win.postMessage(msg,"*");
}window.post_1489399437470_11 = function(win,msg){
win.postMessage(msg,"*");
}

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.