Why do you fly BA in Business Class?

Old Mar 12, 2017, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Why do you fly BA in Business Class?

In the past year I've twice been booked on BA in business class and twice been accommodated on other airlines due to circumstances out of BA's control. In each case I got to experience the outbound on BA and the inbound on the same route on the other airline. On both PVG-LHR and HKG-LHR the competition (MU and CX) offered all aisle access 4 across with much better service. My recent flights on AA and UA were also better than the BA business class experience so I don't see a compelling proposition for flying BA to the states either. With LHR having so many nonstops to anywhere you want to go on other airlines, what is it that keeps people with BA? Is it the Avios and Executive Club?

I genuinely thought BA was supposed to be a nice airline but after this past year of comparison flying, I see it's kind of a dumpy airline for business class flyers. I'll try to avoid them in the future, I don't know why others wouldn't as well if they have a choice.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 4:47 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ou-fly-ba.html
Old Mar 12, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
In fairness, and I don't mean this in an aggressive way, but why would someone with 3,400+ posts ask this question. It's asked and answered in so many previous threads. The answers are usually Company Travel Policy, BAEC, or because some people like BA, the UD of the 747 seems to be the seat location of choice.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 5:23 am

Company travel policy
Addiction to Avios and TPs
Cheap ex-eu Fares
Route network ex LHR
Convenience of timetable
Love BA
Old Mar 12, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Simple answer... the crew... have yet to find another airline that has as friendly and service minded crew... I haven't done the Hi-J 747s, can imagine a bit less attentive service with that many seats...

but, as long as I enjoy my experience (and yes, the hard product can be better at some other airlines), I will keep flying BA...

And simons1 have some good reasons above as well...

but again, we all have different thoughts...
Old Mar 12, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
Because whenever I spend my Advantage miles, I'm always offered BA flights at the saver level and very few , if any AA flights.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Because, through a combination of:

Inexpensive F fares
Upgrades
Gold Upgrade vouchers
Avios Upgrades
Reasonable priced Airport Upgrades

...I am actually hardly ever in J, but in F. All generally more easily than securing F access with other airlines.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by brightstar100

...I am actually hardly ever in J, but in F. All generally more easily than securing F access with other airlines.
Methinks there might be a reason why securing F with BA is easier .........
Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Virtual monopoly at lhr
Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by subject2load
Fully agree! But, it is the right price point for me... J+!

(Written on the tarmac at LHR in F, on delayed DXB flight)
Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:14 am
Suspended

...because I haven't yet booked QR's Qsuite.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Cheap fares in J and sometimes F.
Offering the most non-stop services to LHR.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by subject2load
Because it has more long haul first class departures per day than any other oneworld airline. Only AA comes anywhere close.

The other oneworld airlines offering long haul F departures are:

CX, QR, JL, MH and QF - all of which have relatively limited number of F LH departures per day compared to BA and AA.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:21 am

Because for less than the cost of an economy ticket, I can use an upgrade voucher (lloyds) and Avios I have collected through everyday spending to fly on a refurbished 747 in one of the best seats in the sky (according to flyer talk) 64k on the outbound and inbound journey. I will have enough food and drink to keep me happy for the 8 hour flights, I will have had access to good lounges and I will have flown from a nearby airport without having to make unnecessary stops/plane changes. For a thrice-yearly leisure traveller - what's not to like?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by LondonCanuck
Simple answer... the crew... have yet to find another airline that has as friendly and service minded crew... I haven't done the Hi-J 747s, can imagine a bit less attentive service with that many seats...

but, as long as I enjoy my experience (and yes, the hard product can be better at some other airlines), I will keep flying BA...

And simons1 have some good reasons above as well...

but again, we all have different thoughts...
Seriously? Goodness....Often the other way around for me...Just shows eh.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.