Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cabin Temperature

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by highexpectations
Of course there is a point. If there’s no feedback then BA will never realise how big an issue it is. I’m the same as you though with respect to the avios. I’m not interested in avios. I just want the problem fixed. But we should all feedback if we find the cabin too hot
I have just sent in a webform regarding the cabin temperature - I will inform the board of the outcome, but I really have no hope that anything will be done.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
As this issue has been prevalent for a long while, if I use a BA aircraft with no personal seat vents, I have resorted to carrying a small thermometer in my assorted cables bag. I use it in the CCR as evidence, and not just me whinging, to complain that the temp is too high (on each occasion of my monthly trips this year it has exceeded 25 degrees c) and on the plane.

If it exceeds 23 in my seat area I ask for the temperature to be reduced showing the read out. I accept the Boeing/airbus climate control panel may bear little resemblance to the actual cabin temperature, and that the galley areas are cooler (nicely cool in my view) but if the passenger seat area is above 23, I ask for it to be changed. It's interesting to see the response time from panel set temp change to actual cabin temperature change. I can also see when someone has changed it upwards as the temp starts increasing and so I will ask, ideally the same crew member, to turn it back down.

Clearly the T5 upper level climate control doesn't work very well. The heat starts on entering departure level, gets worse in the corridor from gold wing security to GF, and is even higher in the CCR. I don't find the balcony any cooler.

Clearly the Boeing / airbus systems are not the best. Part of that might be due to the temperature sensor grills being so choked with dust and dirt on BA's planes they cannot obtain an accurate reading.

Last edited by rjn21; Sep 26, 2017 at 1:07 am
Old Sep 27, 2017, 6:24 am

Programs: BA Exec Club - Blue
Although we are travelling in First, I'm very worried about the heat, as I tend to panic if I breathe in air that is too warm! Haven't flown long haul for many years and this is my main concern.

Do you think I would be allowed to bring a small fan on board which runs from a USB connection - I have a power pack which will work with it. It's about 6 inches in diameter and not noisy. Not sure if security would be an issue.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 6:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I guess this isn't unusual since I have seen this several times in recent years and on a variety of airlines. The fan is OK for security. I would look to something with internal battery power, to ensure it works reliably.

Despite the impressions above, it isn't guaranteed to be hot on board, though it is a risk.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 10, 2017 at 11:37 am
Old Oct 3, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gfl, GGL
Well.. two back to back legs in J yesterday/today BOS>LHR and later that evening LHR>DXB and in both instances cabin temps were low.

The LHR>DXB was very low, so great for me but others looked freezing.

Cabin crew on both flights were impressive, best I have had for a while.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
I have just sent in a webform regarding the cabin temperature - I will inform the board of the outcome, but I really have no hope that anything will be done.
5k Avios as an "apology" for an "extremely uncomfortable" flight. With no intention of rectifying this for the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.