Cabin Temperature

Old Sep 23, 2017, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Orange.Man
Have you ever considered that someone (ie another passenger) might want the temperature turned up and have a nice roasty environment to sleep in, rather than being cold throughout sleep?
If someone wants to sleep warm and toasty they can layer blankets/duvets/pajamas easily.

Someone who wants to cool down can only remove the blanket and clothing which is not a good solution in an aircraft cabin!
HilFly, rossmacd and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by highexpectations
... It is possible to walk down an aisle with some delicacy once every 20 minutes or so without disturbing sleeping passengers. ...

I run a customer orientated business and I would never have my customer facing staff, whilst on duty, sat in their chairs reading a book. While theyre on duty, theyre exactly that, on duty.
Even on this plan, what would you have the staff member do for the other 19 minutes and 30 seconds of the 20-minute cycle?

The instant I appeared in the galley area, he put down his book to help me with what I wanted. I'd much rather that than that he'd fallen asleep himself from boredom and circadian rhythm disruption so that I would have had to have woken him up to get some service.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:55 am

And to come back on my previous positive experience - last night's sector was unbearably hot for the large majority of the flight which made it impossible to sleep. I complained 4 times to CC (twice to the CSM directly) and passengers around me also complained multiple times. This was one of the clapped out 747 bangers, so when you can't sleep, you are forced to watch the pixelated and grainy IFE. As you can imagine, with the lack of sleep, I am more grumpy than usual

As always, BA's consistent inconsistency

I won't even start on the cleanliness of the cabin, as we've done that to death on here.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
And to come back on my previous positive experience - last night's sector was unbearably hot for the large majority of the flight which made it impossible to sleep. I complained 4 times to CC (twice to the CSM directly) and passengers around me also complained multiple times. This was one of the clapped out 747 bangers, so when you can't sleep, you are forced to watch the pixelated and grainy IFE. As you can imagine, with the lack of sleep, I am more grumpy than usual

I won't even start on the cleanliness of the cabin, as we've done that to death on here.
Sounds very poor

Which cabin and route was it?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite

Feed the whole experience back to Customer Relations. The more feedback they get, the higher the likelihood that something might actually be done about it.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Sounds very poor

Which cabin and route was it?
It was BA206 MIA-LHR, in F, operated by MF.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:24 am

Feed the whole experience back to Customer Relations. The more feedback they get, the higher the likelihood that something might actually be done about it.
I'm really not sure there is any point. And I do not want any more 'apology' Avios.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
I'm really not sure there is any point. And I do not want any more 'apology' Avios.
Of course there is a point. If theres no feedback then BA will never realise how big an issue it is. Im the same as you though with respect to the avios. Im not interested in avios. I just want the problem fixed. But we should all feedback if we find the cabin too hot
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:59 am

It was BA206 MIA-LHR, in F, operated by MF.
I also had an extremely warm F cabin on this route back in April. Not helped by an upgraded elderly couple complaining to the crew that they were cold!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
I also had an extremely warm F cabin on this route back in April. Not helped by an upgraded elderly couple complaining to the crew that they were cold!
I was on an Aegean domestic flight around Greece in the summer, and as a Northerner I was uncomfortably hot, even with a short sleeved T shirt. So I had the vent full on to me, and it was just about preventing me from melting away. Next to me was an elderly Italian couple, in multiple layers topped off with an anorak. During the flight she complained to her husband (in Italian) about how unreasonable I was having the vent on full blast, then she reached up and twisted my vent off! I just moved to another seat, which was a bit cooler anyway, so no great problem, but to this day I don't know how they didn't end up confit or even brl.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:19 am

Cabin temp. and lack of vents is one of several reasons I avoid BA long haul if possible. At least the most short hauls have vents.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Last week, we were on the A380 SFO-LHR flight in J (UD) forward cabin, and it felt as thought they were cycling the cold/hot settings.

Just when I was getting comfortable and felt the AC, it appeared that before I could dose off to sleep the circulating cool air stopped. And just when I was prepared to complain, I began to feel cooler again. Crazy no?

Eventually, I did manage to get about 4 hrs of some semi-sleep during the flight!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Definitely agree with the general thread that BA's cabin's are too warm, but I also feel the design of the F pods on the A380 contribute to it as they almost trap body heat and the high walls prevent cooler air circulating, especially with no individual vents.
Question for the crew on here, came back from PHL last night on the BA66, and despite it being a very warm day, on-boarding the plane was cool and I managed to grab 4hrs sleep on a short 6hr flight which was decent. However, I woke to find the cabin quite warm just as the crew were about to distribute breakfast and wondered if they turned the heat up a little to 'wake the cabin' ahead of the 40mins to landing announcement? (Probably overthinking this, but given the lovely temperature during the first part of the flight when I'd expect it to be hot, the reverse was the case).

Pilot37
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Have had both ends of the scale, WTP on 747 I've been cold - crew member managed to rustle up a CW blankie for me and that solved the problem.
Last flight was UD in CW, APU inop so a toasty start. It was quite hot throughout the flight which wasn't ideal.
I was always under the impression that a cool temperature was more conducive to sleep ?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Of course there is a point. If theres no feedback then BA will never realise how big an issue it is. Im the same as you though with respect to the avios. Im not interested in avios. I just want the problem fixed. But we should all feedback if we find the cabin too hot
There is no point whatsoever. I have been complaining for years and this has been a constant topic on this board. BA aren't doing anything about it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.