Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
British Airways Lounge - Boston (BOS) Edward L. Logan International Airport, Terminal E.

This thread gives details of the British Airways Lounge which opened on 23 March 2017. The lounge also service Iberia, JAL and Cathay Pacific passengers.

Location: Airside, after security, on level 4. Turn left after security, around the corner and then the lifts and escalator up to level 4 is by gate E11. Clearly signposted.

Access: one lounge with standard oneworld access rules, Sapphire and Emeralds plus one guest, GGL and Premier (2 guests), Club World passengers (no guests). First (1 guest). First Dining area reserved for BA First and Premier passengers only.

Open hours mornings: Three hours before the morning BA flight, so currently from 06:00 until 09:00 departure. Also 3 hours before the JAL Tokyo service, so currently 10:30 to 13:30
Open hours evenings: 3 hours before the first BA or IB flight (currently 15:30 for the 18:30 Iberia service) until departure of the last BA or CX flight (currently 01:30). However these will change according to the timetable. Passengers from BA, IB, JL and CX can use the lounge while it is open.

Photo review from tripodjw can be found in post 33.
Photo review from corporate-wage-slave can be found in post 65, with hot food options located in post 66.

Print Wikipost

Boston British Airways Lounge

Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I am on 213 and 238 on the week 27th to 31st so prob not the lounge access to 238 but looking forward to a new lounge.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Is there such a thing as no stupid question? If so here I go-
Not being a regular BA flyer, I find all these lounge names a bit confusing.
This new lounge is labeled as an Executive Club lounge according to the release.
How is this different from Galleries lounge, Terraces lounge, Galleries First lounge, Concorde Room, Arrivals Lounge... my gosh did I miss any

The main question is we're flying CW, we'll be able to use this lounge correct?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by HilFly
And gushy, BA promotional blurb is always accurate, right?

At least we won't have to spend out days explaining that the BOS lounge is not in the basement!
The picture shows a lovely BOS skyline through windows and looks like it was taken with a feature phone from the 90's

or computer generated with something from the same era. Looking at it though not sure that view is going to be possible from Terminal E.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Well that would indicate that the gate used will likely be E12 as looking at the layout here that's the only one where a lounge would be able to see the Boston skyline and have a connection to the plane.
Admittedly, I wasn't really examining the new gates, but I flew out of E12 on JAL last week and I didn't see a double deck bridge. The only gate where I recall noticing one was E10.

Others can confirm or refute based on current observations.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by BMWMOT
This new lounge is labeled as an Executive Club lounge according to the release.
How is this different from Galleries lounge, Terraces lounge, Galleries First lounge, Concorde Room, Arrivals Lounge... my gosh did I miss any

Yes you'll be be able to use this lounge, if you haven't used the current (or previous) mezzanine lounges then you probably won't appreciate the large change this will be.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes. I strongly the correct title is simply the British Airways Lounge, though doubtless Aer Lingus passengers will also be using it.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bosman
Admittedly, I wasn't really examining the new gates, but I flew out of E12 on JAL last week and I didn't see a double deck bridge. The only gate where I recall noticing one was E10.

Others can confirm or refute based on current observations.
There's two on the drawing I linked to and also shown here as having more than one jet bridge at E12 so hopefully we won't all be fighting to get out of one door when landing.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
That's great news. My daughter and I will be flying LHR-BOS-LHR early April (a380 for rtn flight). I hope the pre-flight dining will be good.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Will there be a 'Concorde' section within it?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes. I strongly the correct title is simply the British Airways Lounge, though doubtless Aer Lingus passengers will also be using it.
Aer Lingus both arrives into and departs from BOS Terminal C these days. I believe that there is a connector that would allow EI passengers to walk to the British Airways lounges. However, I'd doubt that such BA lounge would be available to them. I'm assuming instead that EI passengers would just keep using "The Lounge" that is over in Terminal C, rather than having everybody walk across to Terminal E Perhaps Iberia, Qatar, AirBerlin, JAL and Cathay Pacific will end up using the new BA lounge after their current contracts with whomever they are using expires (can't remember which of those airlines currently use BA's lounge and which use one of the lounges in the terminal e.g. Air France's lounge). I might be massively wrong and entirely misinterpreted this though!

I'm looking forward to this lounge opening though I hope it is decently sized!! (at the very least bigger). Unless I get an extra trip in during the next few weeks, I'm next flying out of BOS in April - I'm desperately going to need a shower before the flight too so hopefully they're available! I'm currently showing up as being on a 777 though.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:59 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
Nice! I'll be flying back from BOS on the 24th.

i hope they've kept Juan on.
What a great comment. He is an absolute gem.^
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by squeeler
What a great comment. He is an absolute gem.^
+1^
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver

In typical BA fashion, their branding/media editing is not exactly on point. In keeping with all of their latest lounges, the lounge will be called British Airways Lounge.

The Executive Club lounge concept was superseded by the Terraces concept in the late 1990s (MAN was the first one), which was superseded by the Galleries concept in 2007 (BRU was the first one), which was superseded by the British Airways Lounge concept in 2013 (GLA was the first one).

Confusingly, internally the British Airways Lounge concept is called Galleries Evolution.

I suspect the new BOS lounge will include a Concorde Dining area for First passengers, and a Club World Pre-Flight Supper area for Club World passengers, as we have seen with the IAD lounge.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
OK Team, the new BOS lounge is set to open tomorrow (3/23).
Anyone flying thru that can take some pics and give a review?
Really interested to understand how the 'step directly from the lounge to the plane' works.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 3:18 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
OK Team, the new BOS lounge is set to open tomorrow (3/23).
Anyone flying thru that can take some pics and give a review?
Really interested to understand how the 'step directly from the lounge to the plane' works.
Strangely, I'm not very far away.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.