Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
British Airways Lounge - Boston (BOS) Edward L. Logan International Airport, Terminal E.

This thread gives details of the British Airways Lounge which opened on 23 March 2017. The lounge also service Iberia, JAL and Cathay Pacific passengers.

Location: Airside, after security, on level 4. Turn left after security, around the corner and then the lifts and escalator up to level 4 is by gate E11. Clearly signposted.

Access: one lounge with standard oneworld access rules, Sapphire and Emeralds plus one guest, GGL and Premier (2 guests), Club World passengers (no guests). First (1 guest). First Dining area reserved for BA First and Premier passengers only.

Open hours mornings: Three hours before the morning BA flight, so currently from 06:00 until 09:00 departure. Also 3 hours before the JAL Tokyo service, so currently 10:30 to 13:30
Open hours evenings: 3 hours before the first BA or IB flight (currently 15:30 for the 18:30 Iberia service) until departure of the last BA or CX flight (currently 01:30). However these will change according to the timetable. Passengers from BA, IB, JL and CX can use the lounge while it is open.

Photo review from tripodjw can be found in post 33.
Photo review from corporate-wage-slave can be found in post 65, with hot food options located in post 66.

Print Wikipost

Boston British Airways Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2018, 5:13 pm

I’ve just booked to visit BOS next Easter. I’m curious about the food options as a Silver travelling economy. The photos early on in the thread (post 65/66 courtesy of @corporate-wage-slave) look very impressive compared to Galleries Club lounges.

Can someone clarify what is available these days for a BAEC Silver, given the introduction of more exclusive food in the form of Concorde dining?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The Boston lounge is not segregated like other lounges so the food is available to all who have entry.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
That's true, but there is a separate sit down area from which Silvers and I think Golds (haven't tried it) are excluded, the Concorde dining option as mentioned in the preceding post.

The "buffet" food - in fact it is a hot counter served from behind or a traditional cold buffet - is pretty good in Boston. Better than GF in LHR certainly.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold!/OWE
Was in the lounge on Saturday and had the best lounge meal ever in the first dining area. Started with tomatoes and burrata, then had squid and scallops with pea and squash purree. For main had soft shell crab and had peach with pepper ice cream and some other fresh fruit. Really delicious.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by chance88088
Was in the lounge on Saturday and had the best lounge meal ever in the first dining area. Started with tomatoes and burrata, then had squid and scallops with pea and squash purree. For main had soft shell crab and had peach with pepper ice cream and some other fresh fruit. Really delicious.
I will second that - I had the same about two weeks ago and was mightily impressed!
Old Jul 31, 2018, 9:23 am
Suspended

I’m thinking of a trip with the daytime BOS-LHR flight, any breakfast reviews/ thoughts would be appreciated.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by richardwft
I’m thinking of a trip with the daytime BOS-LHR flight, any breakfast reviews/ thoughts would be appreciated.
Given the early departure I would always be looking to eat on the plane rather than in the lounge. The breakfast in the First lounge area is OK but nothing special.
sgm and FlyerTalker39574 like this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by staticx813
currently at the BOS lounge waiting to board CX811. This lounge is a good step up from the dilapidated lounge in T7. However, after all the UK flights, hot food is gone and CX passengers using the lounge are left with mostly wraps, salads, and finger sandwiches. I wish the coffee station is near the food instead of having to go on the other side of the lounge, but those are just minor things.
Disappointed in that as I was hoping to use the lounge for a decent dinner before the late departure. Do you recall if the shower was still available? Also, did you get to board using the lounge entrance to the jetway, or was the plane somewhere else besides the normal BA gate?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:50 pm
sgm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Rubecula
Given the early departure I would always be looking to eat on the plane rather than in the lounge. The breakfast in the First lounge area is OK but nothing special.
the F dining area breakfast is exactly that. OK but nothing special. The full breakfast is a weird mix of UK and US ' eg both UK bacon and US bacon. Poor pig! Not that the on board F dining on this day service is great. Really poor.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Tried the Boston lounge for the first time the other day. The best BA lounge other than those at LHR I think, at least the ones I have been to. Nice that the hot food isn’t exclusive to those travelling in CW like other BA lounges in the US. The staff were great. The gate access from the lounge was cool. The bar was nice and had great views.

Shame we were stuck on the plane for an hour waiting for some replacement first aid kits.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 3:11 am

Programs: BA (Gold), Flying Blue (Gold), Virgin (Gold)
Does anyone have Juan's surname as I'd like to send over a golden ticket?

Thanks
Old Mar 16, 2019, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by Byrneand
Does anyone have Juan's surname as I'd like to send over a golden ticket?

Thanks
I don't think you will need it. Just address to Juan at the Boston Lounge, there is only one that matters

I suspect he gets a thank you like this/golden ticket everyday cos he is awesome!
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I know in the past the BA lounge has denied people traveling on non-BA OW in J without OW status (e.g. on QR BOS-DOH in J, but no status). Is this still the case?
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by callmedtop
I know in the past the BA lounge has denied people traveling on non-BA OW in J without OW status (e.g. on QR BOS-DOH in J, but no status). Is this still the case?
I managed to get in without any fuss on Monday, prior to taking the IB 6166 to MAD, with nothing but my Iberia Classica number showing on my BP.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Though what might've been in your favour is that IB6166 departs at 17:30, whereas the first BA flight isn't until 19:15. On the flip side, QR departs at 23:05, with BA departures at 21:40 and 22:50. There may be some legitimate capacity concerns in that case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.