Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
British Airways Lounge - Boston (BOS) Edward L. Logan International Airport, Terminal E.

This thread gives details of the British Airways Lounge which opened on 23 March 2017. The lounge also service Iberia, JAL and Cathay Pacific passengers.

Location: Airside, after security, on level 4. Turn left after security, around the corner and then the lifts and escalator up to level 4 is by gate E11. Clearly signposted.

Access: one lounge with standard oneworld access rules, Sapphire and Emeralds plus one guest, GGL and Premier (2 guests), Club World passengers (no guests). First (1 guest). First Dining area reserved for BA First and Premier passengers only.

Open hours mornings: Three hours before the morning BA flight, so currently from 06:00 until 09:00 departure. Also 3 hours before the JAL Tokyo service, so currently 10:30 to 13:30
Open hours evenings: 3 hours before the first BA or IB flight (currently 15:30 for the 18:30 Iberia service) until departure of the last BA or CX flight (currently 01:30). However these will change according to the timetable. Passengers from BA, IB, JL and CX can use the lounge while it is open.

Photo review from tripodjw can be found in post 33.
Photo review from corporate-wage-slave can be found in post 65, with hot food options located in post 66.

Print Wikipost

Boston British Airways Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2017, 12:36 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think the table signs were always "Reserved for first" - this one is from 4 April. The large sign stood on the floor said "Concorde Dining" - is that the one which has changed?
Attached Images  
Old Jun 18, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
Originally Posted by KARFA
I think the table signs were always "Reserved for first" - this one is from 4 April. The large sign stood on the floor said "Concorde Dining" - is that the one which has changed?
Yup it's the floor-standing "Concorde Dining" sign that I didn't see on my most recent visit. The table-top "Reserved for First" signs were still there.

Maybe they had temporarily been moved. I did look for it given how irked I was on several prior visits to discover that CCR card-holders did not have access.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Ok the story is that BA pulled some money out of the budget for the Boston lounge, Concorde Dining should be in a separate room to left of the buffet just behind where is currently is situated.
Due to complaints from customers money has now been found to complete the work, I don't know how long this will take but it is going to happen.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:26 pm

Hi all.

How busy has the lounge been recently?

The reason for my asking is that I've got a flights with AB (6.55pm) coming up. I was wondering if BA are going to pull the 'capacity' argument whereby they say that there are too many other BA/IB passengers in the lounge?

I don't want to use the Air France lounge which is the 'assigned' lounge for AirBerlin, per the OneWorld website. However, the eligibility rules for BA lounges means that I can still turn up and ask to use the BA lounge instead. The BA lounge is so much more comfortable, plus I want to exercise the BA Silver status as it hasn't been on an outing for a few months.

As far as I can work out, these are the 3 OneWorld flights that might be using the lounge at that time. The BA212 (departing 7.20pm), the IB6166 (departing at 5.35pm) and my flight the AB7473 (departing at 6.55pm). Reasonably, BA could pull the capacity argument as they have done to me so many time when trying to access the BA lounge in PHL whilst travelling on another OneWorld airline.

I can show them the rules at the front desk, but they could use the 'capacity control' opt-out to prevent me for accessing the lounge with my wife.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Hi all.

How busy has the lounge been recently?

The reason for my asking is that I've got a flights with AB (6.55pm) coming up. I was wondering if BA are going to pull the 'capacity' argument whereby they say that there are too many other BA/IB passengers in the lounge?

I don't want to use the Air France lounge which is the 'assigned' lounge for AirBerlin, per the OneWorld website. However, the eligibility rules for BA lounges means that I can still turn up and ask to use the BA lounge instead. The BA lounge is so much more comfortable, plus I want to exercise the BA Silver status as it hasn't been on an outing for a few months.

As far as I can work out, these are the 3 OneWorld flights that might be using the lounge at that time. The BA212 (departing 7.20pm), the IB6166 (departing at 5.35pm) and my flight the AB7473 (departing at 6.55pm). Reasonably, BA could pull the capacity argument as they have done to me so many time when trying to access the BA lounge in PHL whilst travelling on another OneWorld airline.

I can show them the rules at the front desk, but they could use the 'capacity control' opt-out to prevent me for accessing the lounge with my wife.
They can pull the capacity argument and based on your own notes it wouldn't surprise me that actually capacity is an issue at certain times with several oneworld flights going at one.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:17 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Very impressed with the First Dining.

Shame I'll never do that again.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:15 pm
In Memoriam

A brief review, in the wider context of my Travelinhope blog, through the eyes of the occasional traveller.

https://davestringertravels.com/2017...lounge-boston/
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
The new lounge is excellent and a real credit to BA along with the First Wing which I experienced on the way out. I said hello to a long time BOS staff member who I kept missing on my travels and of course the lovely Juan. I had a very good meal and would recommend the Pepper Tofu if it's on offer and the cinnamon chocolate churro for desert.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:28 pm
In Memoriam

The staff are very, very good.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold
First time in the new lounge and I am impressed. Well done to BA!
Old Jun 25, 2017, 5:24 am
In Memoriam

Juan. Just remembered the chap's name. Genuinely lovely. Appropriately attentive and as good an example of high level customer service as I've ever experienced.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 5:42 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Ok the story is that BA pulled some money out of the budget for the Boston lounge, Concorde Dining should be in a separate room to left of the buffet just behind where is currently is situated.
Due to complaints from customers money has now been found to complete the work, I don't know how long this will take but it is going to happen.
Once complete will it become true Concorde Dining and open to CCR holders?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by sts603
Once complete will it become true Concorde Dining and open to CCR holders?
It already should be open to CCR card holders.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Good to know. I assume Concorde Dining was meant to be, and is now going to be, similar in style to the IAD lounge.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 11:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
It already should be open to CCR card holders.
I agree! But my understanding is that they have been treating it as First Dining rather than Concorde Dining.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.