Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
British Airways Lounge - Boston (BOS) Edward L. Logan International Airport, Terminal E.

This thread gives details of the British Airways Lounge which opened on 23 March 2017. The lounge also service Iberia, JAL and Cathay Pacific passengers.

Location: Airside, after security, on level 4. Turn left after security, around the corner and then the lifts and escalator up to level 4 is by gate E11. Clearly signposted.

Access: one lounge with standard oneworld access rules, Sapphire and Emeralds plus one guest, GGL and Premier (2 guests), Club World passengers (no guests). First (1 guest). First Dining area reserved for BA First and Premier passengers only.

Open hours mornings: Three hours before the morning BA flight, so currently from 06:00 until 09:00 departure. Also 3 hours before the JAL Tokyo service, so currently 10:30 to 13:30
Open hours evenings: 3 hours before the first BA or IB flight (currently 15:30 for the 18:30 Iberia service) until departure of the last BA or CX flight (currently 01:30). However these will change according to the timetable. Passengers from BA, IB, JL and CX can use the lounge while it is open.

Photo review from tripodjw can be found in post 33.
Photo review from corporate-wage-slave can be found in post 65, with hot food options located in post 66.

Print Wikipost

Boston British Airways Lounge

Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold!/OWE
Was at the lounge over the weekend and was very impressed. Love that there is now a view. Had a lovely hello from Juan who knew it was my first time in the new lounge. First dining was a bit slow (but to be fair I sat down just after three others.) Food very good. Dessert excellent.

My first time on the A380 and it was lovely. Excellent experience all around.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Agree with the other positive comments here. I am not a fan of BA of late, but the new lounge is an enormous improvement over the old one, and genuinely best of breed in my experience. A huge step in the right direction for BA in Boston...
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Unlike other BA lounges where there is preflight dining everyone entering the lounge can eat including customers in the WT cabins.
There is a room just the other side of the Concorde dining area which was orginally going to be used as the dining room but the budget was cut and this was cancelled but due to complaints the money has been found for this now to be completed.
Old May 1, 2017, 12:05 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Looking forward to visiting this lounge I a few days. And great to hear that there is a shower room.
Old May 1, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA lifetime gold, Marriott Rewards platinum
Flew out of BOS on 29 April on 202 and I would endorse the other positive reviews of the new lounge, especially spacious feel and the views from bar. We had the best food, in the first area, of lounges anywhere including the CCR and JFK. Service was good even though Juan was not on duty. Wine selection was dull, but adequate. Direct boarding on to 777 from lounge at gate E12 is a plus and avoids the downstairrs scrum which was such a feature of BOS.

The only negative, according to Mrs MD, was the cleanlines and availability of female loos (one stall of the three was blocked and overflowing and not fixed or cleaned during our visit even though reported to staff). Given that the lounge was not busy, I hope the limited number toilets will be able cope with the demand when a 380 is about to board, particularly as they are also used for changing. On Saturday night the toilets could not cope with demand from the earlier 747 leading to queues and frustration.

Nevertheless this is much better than most other lounges. Well done.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Silver
Flying back from BOS this evening. Thanks for sharing all the info/pics. Really looking forward to the lounge experience now! I saw earlier in the thread someone posted a huge selection of beers. I'm confused if that was the BA Lounge or VS lounge. Can anyone clarify? Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Jimmie76
The VS lounge has a good selection of beers if that makes you feel any better.
Aha - I answered my own question on the previous post. That is some selection of beers!! Still, I'm looking forward to the views and overall experience in the new BA lounge later today...
Old Jun 6, 2017, 2:38 pm

Wow! Fantastic lounge! I met (briefly) the famous Juan and then I was served by a lovely bartender called Katie. Very friendly, professional and attentive.

The views from the bar are fantastic, offering great vistas over the Boston skyline.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Fantastic lounge

Quite agree - this is really top lounge - enjoying its delights as I type!
Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Very pleasant lounge. Started my day there and now in LHR T5A north -- the LHR lounges are so tatty in comparison.

So bizarre when outstation lounges are nicer. GVA, EDI, BOS all much nicer than the LHR J lounges in my subjective opinion. Even American Airlines lounges have nicer showers!
Old Jun 16, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Hi. I'm flying QR J out of BOS. Should I have access to this lounge?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by italdesign
Hi. I'm flying QR J out of BOS. Should I have access to this lounge?
You're supposed to use the Air France lounge. In theory you should be able to use the BA one since they're Oneworld, but in practice, prepare to be turned around because it tends to get crowded before BA's evening flights and they want to give priority to their own customers. Still, the BA one is much nicer, so it's worth giving it a try.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
Originally Posted by technical_bob
Very pleasant lounge. Started my day there and now in LHR T5A north -- the LHR lounges are so tatty in comparison.

So bizarre when outstation lounges are nicer. GVA, EDI, BOS all much nicer than the LHR J lounges in my subjective opinion. Even American Airlines lounges have nicer showers!
I think you're forgetting that the LHR lounges have barely had a touch up since they opened almost ten years ago and have been through constant heavy use since, whereas the BOS lounge is barely three months old, EDI was redone a few years ago and I believe GVA too

(But yes, the showers are quite grim.)
Old Jun 17, 2017, 5:50 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
Is it my imagination or did I on my last visit (about 3 weeks ago) see that they have actually removed the "Concorde Dining" signs and replaced them with "First Dining" ?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 9:04 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flyingnomad
Is it my imagination or did I on my last visit (about 3 weeks ago) see that they have actually removed the "Concorde Dining" signs and replaced them with "First Dining" ?
Last weekend the table had little signs saying "Reserved for First". I must say that the food (in that section) was excellent, lovely wines and fine champers. The only bad thing was the noise. The cafeteria area behind was like....a cafeteria. Whoever decided that chairs scraping on a hard floor was a good idea needs their head examined.

And finally ......why do the cleaners have to descend on the place as soon as the flight is announced?

Sadly, being a Saturday it was 'Juan-free'.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.