Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
British Airways Lounge - Boston (BOS) Edward L. Logan International Airport, Terminal E.

This thread gives details of the British Airways Lounge which opened on 23 March 2017. The lounge also service Iberia, JAL and Cathay Pacific passengers.

Location: Airside, after security, on level 4. Turn left after security, around the corner and then the lifts and escalator up to level 4 is by gate E11. Clearly signposted.

Access: one lounge with standard oneworld access rules, Sapphire and Emeralds plus one guest, GGL and Premier (2 guests), Club World passengers (no guests). First (1 guest). First Dining area reserved for BA First and Premier passengers only.

Open hours mornings: Three hours before the morning BA flight, so currently from 06:00 until 09:00 departure. Also 3 hours before the JAL Tokyo service, so currently 10:30 to 13:30
Open hours evenings: 3 hours before the first BA or IB flight (currently 15:30 for the 18:30 Iberia service) until departure of the last BA or CX flight (currently 01:30). However these will change according to the timetable. Passengers from BA, IB, JL and CX can use the lounge while it is open.

Photo review from tripodjw can be found in post 33.
Photo review from corporate-wage-slave can be found in post 65, with hot food options located in post 66.

Print Wikipost

Boston British Airways Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by CMK10
I think I can say without hyperbole this is the biggest difference between a new lounge and what it replaced. I used the former BOS lounge three months ago and would easily rank it as one of the worst airline lounges I've visited anywhere. This new one looks incredible though. Glad to see the change!
It wasn't that bad though it wasn't great. There was the obvious lack of windows that all lounges on the Mezzanine level suffer from but the staff made up for that. They'd also made great improvements to the pre flight supper recently and the Chef came out to ask if we were enjoying the food. Personally I liked the very old Flounge in BOS (the one before they had a joint lounge entrance) I thought that was excellent and very sad to see it go.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:22 pm

Boston's international pie has grown, but there are now more slices. Airlines like LH and AF, which might have been counted on for A380 service, now can't because their loads are shrinking. There are other ways now for people to get where they need to go, and the A380 isn't really needed at Logan by any of them (that includes BA).

As for Emirates, with by far the biggest batch of A380s, they're caught between a rock and hard spot at Boston. The 2x 77Ws are the mix du jour for them. They can't consolidate into one A380 because there are too many folks flying the route each day. And they can't swap one of the 77Ws for the A380 because 77W + A380 = TOO many seats for the market. What they are missing is a 787-ish plane that, paired with an A380 for the evening service, would be a good mix. So even with all those A380s, I don't see how even mighty Emirates can sensibly bring one here. In the 'off season' (whenever that is for them), I could see Emirates flying a single A380 through Boston and ditching the 2nd flight altogether.

It will be interesting to see whether BA brings the plane into Boston more than the three days per week scheduled, but it looks as though their S17 schedule is set.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:27 pm

How does the lounge boarding work? Is each lounge (BA, EK, LH) able to board via any of the three A380-capable gates?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by will2288
How does the lounge boarding work? Is each lounge (BA, EK, LH) able to board via any of the three A380-capable gates?
No but it doesn't matter since each airline will have dibs on the gate underneath their lounge.

When BA needs to use more than one gate I'm pretty sure they will spill over into the old gates (E4-E9) rather than the other new gates.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Kumulani
No but it doesn't matter since each airline will have dibs on the gate underneath their lounge.

When BA needs to use more than one gate I'm pretty sure they will spill over into the old gates (E4-E9) rather than the other new gates.
Thanks. Should work out fine for most BA, EK and LH flights, except during irrops. But they might have tow some planes around sometimes (or just not use the ideal gate).

But airlines that share the lounge will often not be able to use the lounge boarding (perhaps they never allow it).
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:34 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by will2288
I didn't go snooping around LH (and the EK staff were just whinging about BA getting all the good stuff as BOS), but for BA, they can only properly gate board from E12, as shown in my last photo in post 66 above. On Thursday they had a 747, 777, 747 going on in the evening successively. The first 747 used E12, and so did the last 747. The first 747 was off the premises when the second 747 arrived, so that was easy. The middle 777 went from E11, and passengers were invited to leave the lounge via the main entrance and out to the airbridges from the main hall. However I notice that they could do lounge boarding for E11 too, but it would need some tensa-lines: the first escalator brings you to the main departure level and there is a wide door there to the main hall.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Sitting in the BOS lounge now and very impressed. It's a lovely space with great staff. Other than the slightly limited menu in the First dining section and the temperature being a bit on the warm side (probably due to all the glass on such a sunny day), I cant find anything negative to say. Well done BA.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by davrossuk
Sitting in the BOS lounge now and very impressed. It's a lovely space with great staff. Other than the slightly limited menu in the First dining section and the temperature being a bit on the warm side (probably due to all the glass on such a sunny day), I cant find anything negative to say. Well done BA.
I am there too and have the same view but I thought the First menu was great. Struggled to find anything that I didn't want
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just for reference here is the menu that was on Monday 3 April -

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28141692-post25.html
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: EY Gold, BA Gold, EK Gold, CX Gold
We were there the other week. It's a very beautiful lounge and I loved the view of the tarmac. The menu in the F dining area was a bit limited but it did taste good. We did top-up with some food from the buffet.

What really made the place was the staff though. The lovely lady at the entrance was so proud of the lounge and gave everyone a little talk about the facility as they checked in. Juan took great care of us while we were eating and Jessica at the bar made me some old fashioneds which tasted great.

A very well done to BA over my whole slightly drama-filled US trip. Thank-you feedback sent throughout. It's a shame so many of my trips and lounge experiences haven't been to this calibre.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:18 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Blenheim
I am there too and have the same view but I thought the First menu was great. Struggled to find anything that I didn't want
I did like the lounge and whilst they keep First Dining for First and so I didn't see the menu - the food from the 'kitchen' was kept fresh and tasty. Better than Club dining at JFK!
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Boarding from the lounge was very handy too.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by davrossuk
Yesterday was Boston's first warm day of the spring, so it's possible they didn't have the air conditioning set right. I bet as we get further into the season they will get the HVAC system tuned and the lounge will be nice and comfy again.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:53 pm

Finally got chance to try this lounge out tonight. Been here for a few hours. It is nice (I find it a little cramped but I found the other lounge that way too!). It is lovely, better than I expected, and spot-on! However, the lounge itself isn't what impressed me much... it was the staff. They seem caring, friendly and like what they're doing. I hope that remains the same after time! They really made it a lovely space tonight

I'm a fan To me, this is such an improvement on the old BOS lounge and even goes above the JFK lounges and definitely the PHL lounge
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Just wanted to add my 2 cents adding another positive for the BOS lounge and staff. We were there on 3/31. BA did a great job. We went early on purpose to enjoy the lounge and got there when they opened. Spent a fair amount of time at the bar talking to the bartenders. They were excellent and very proud of where they worked.
The food was very good especially for a lounge. The braised short ribs were outstanding.
Well done BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.