Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
British Airways Lounge - Boston (BOS) Edward L. Logan International Airport, Terminal E.

This thread gives details of the British Airways Lounge which opened on 23 March 2017. The lounge also service Iberia, JAL and Cathay Pacific passengers.

Location: Airside, after security, on level 4. Turn left after security, around the corner and then the lifts and escalator up to level 4 is by gate E11. Clearly signposted.

Access: one lounge with standard oneworld access rules, Sapphire and Emeralds plus one guest, GGL and Premier (2 guests), Club World passengers (no guests). First (1 guest). First Dining area reserved for BA First and Premier passengers only.

Open hours mornings: Three hours before the morning BA flight, so currently from 06:00 until 09:00 departure. Also 3 hours before the JAL Tokyo service, so currently 10:30 to 13:30
Open hours evenings: 3 hours before the first BA or IB flight (currently 15:30 for the 18:30 Iberia service) until departure of the last BA or CX flight (currently 01:30). However these will change according to the timetable. Passengers from BA, IB, JL and CX can use the lounge while it is open.

Photo review from tripodjw can be found in post 33.
Photo review from corporate-wage-slave can be found in post 65, with hot food options located in post 66.

Print Wikipost

Boston British Airways Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2021, 7:16 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Curious - has the skyline “view” been blocked by the terminal E add on?
partly, yes. There is a structure to the left as you look out of the window, but the main skyline is visible.

On the food front, the burger is OK. There is also a rather good serve-yourself cold tapas offering. Wine and beer is help yourself.

juan is indeed alive and well; he told me that he is approaching 25 years service. It was great to be back.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 2:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I’ll be coming through here next week and was wondering is the lounge opened, is the first class dining opened? What’s the food offering like?
Old Mar 19, 2022, 1:11 am

I assume yes but can anyone confirm whether the lounge is now open for the morning flight?

in a somewhat linked question, is there any fast track security at BOS?
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I’ll be coming through here next week and was wondering is the lounge opened, is the first class dining opened? What’s the food offering like?
Originally Posted by iamfrequentlyatflyertalk
I assume yes but can anyone confirm whether the lounge is now open for the morning flight?

in a somewhat linked question, is there any fast track security at BOS?
Yes, the lounge is open with hours per https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=BOS. First Dining is open for F pax but I believe the menu is currently the same as the rest of the lounge.

BOS does have Fast Track for F and J pax.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 7:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Genius1
Yes, the lounge is open with hours per https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=BOS. First Dining is open for F pax but I believe the menu is currently the same as the rest of the lounge.

BOS does have Fast Track for F and J pax.
Much appreciate your input, was gonna fly on friday next week, but right now changing my ticket, potentially to sunday, but tbd
Genius1 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 5:09 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
Visited this lounge on Wednesday. Very impressed by the facility and staff.

It was opening at 5pm (first flight 815pm) but they let me in at 4.20pm so that I could work quietly.

I met Juan who as many have noted gives fantastic service. Boarding from the lounge was great.

Walking into a proper BA lounge after a busy work trip always feels like your first step to almost being home.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Simonp27
Walking into a proper BA lounge after a busy work trip always feels like your first step to almost being home.
Hear, hear
Old May 3, 2022, 9:05 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Comments on my visit last night:
The view of the sunset will never be the same again from the lounge, with the new terminal extension going up.
The food offering now is totally inadequate - burger, veggie burger, risotto
Cocktails are on offer, but handle with care!
Juan is alive and kicking, his usual friendly, efficient self.

Overall a very good experience, apart from the food.
Old May 3, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by squeeler
The view of the sunset will never be the same again from the lounge, with the new terminal extension going up.

Same impression for me last week. Thank goodness for the cocktails.
Old May 12, 2022, 10:15 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by squeeler

About to use this lounge for the first time tomorrow - please could you tell me if there is a separate area for passengers travelling in first class? Thank you.
Old May 12, 2022, 10:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
About to use this lounge for the first time tomorrow - please could you tell me if there is a separate area for passengers travelling in first class? Thank you.
There is no separate seating area for First.

There is a separate “Concorde dining” area for First, which was still closed last week when I went through on the only evening departure that has First. I myself haven’t seen that area open since the lounge re-opened post-COVID, but there have been other reports of it being open on some occasions by others on the forum. The sign posted seemed to suggest it wasn’t closed just for the evening. I asked the staff who didn’t seem to know when it was re-opening.
Radiation Station likes this.

Last edited by flyingnomad; May 12, 2022 at 10:55 pm Reason: Added time of visit
Old May 13, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by flyingnomad
There is no separate seating area for First.

There is a separate “Concorde dining” area for First, which was still closed last week when I went through on the only evening departure that has First. I myself haven’t seen that area open since the lounge re-opened post-COVID, but there have been other reports of it being open on some occasions by others on the forum. The sign posted seemed to suggest it wasn’t closed just for the evening. I asked the staff who didn’t seem to know when it was re-opening.
Thanks, I appreciate the update. I’m assuming this airport has functioning fast track, so arriving 2.5 hours before my flight should be enough time? Forgive my ignorance, as I’ve not flown out of the USA or BOS before.
Old May 13, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Thanks, I appreciate the update. I’m assuming this airport has functioning fast track, so arriving 2.5 hours before my flight should be enough time? Forgive my ignorance, as I’ve not flown out of the USA or BOS before.
Yes there is a fast track, but in my experience Terminal E security (regular lanes and fast track) has been pretty much empty for the later BA202 departure. Even for the earlier BA212 departure you won’t find more than a 10-minute wait to get through security, so arriving 2 hrs before will be plenty if you have no other reason to be at the airport early.

I tend to check-in online and arrive 60-75 mins before departure (without checked bags), and the BA checkin desk will be empty if you need a paper boarding pass.

Unfortunately the lounge only has the buffet at the moment even for F pax, and it’s nothing to write home about (used to be quite good). I simply head to the bar at the back of the lounge (from near which you will be boarding), and have a couple drinks until they call boarding. If in F board early in this case because the pre-departure LPGS onboard is infinitely better than any bubbly in the lounge.
Old May 13, 2022, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by flyingnomad
Yes there is a fast track, but in my experience Terminal E security (regular lanes and fast track) has been pretty much empty for the later BA202 departure. Even for the earlier BA212 departure you won’t find more than a 10-minute wait to get through security, so arriving 2 hrs before will be plenty if you have no other reason to be at the airport early.

I tend to check-in online and arrive 60-75 mins before departure (without checked bags), and the BA checkin desk will be empty if you need a paper boarding pass.

Unfortunately the lounge only has the buffet at the moment even for F pax, and it’s nothing to write home about (used to be quite good). I simply head to the bar at the back of the lounge (from near which you will be boarding), and have a couple drinks until they call boarding. If in F board early in this case because the pre-departure LPGS onboard is infinitely better than any bubbly in the lounge.
Thank you very much for the advice. We arrived at around 4.30pm and managed to get our boarding passes pretty quickly, as we just used the Silver/Club queue, as it was much shorter than the Gold/First queue. The queue for security was actually pretty long and the guy at the end of the queue for first/priority tried to send us to the normal line for no reason - I kept saying the words first class until someone sensible arrived to send us to the correct security (perhaps he thought we were too young to be travelling in First?!).

Of relevance to this thread, we were into the lounge by 17.05 and were informed that the Concorde dining area will be opening tomorrow. We are boarding from the lounge (gate E12).
ryanbriar and hsandhar like this.
Old May 13, 2022, 8:28 pm

Hey, thanks for sharing the update. We're doing the BOS-LHR in July, and going back to another similar thread, do you mind sharing how was your experience at LHR regarding CCR, did you manage to try it out or was the connection to BRU too tight? Also curious about the amount of time it took you from C gates (assuming 380 goes to C) to A gates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.