24 Hour Cooling Off Period

Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:37 pm
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The full online refunds - RFS and revenue - started about 6 months ago, so long as you're not flying in the next few days or have already altered the booking / made the booking via a Contact Centre.
I assume that BA had to invest some resource/money in systems development to enable this functionality. It's just a shame they didn't spend a few minutes updating the information on BA.com to reflect this had happened. Not that it surprises me!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, that's right. I think they have tried to reduce Contact Centre workload by getting this to work correctly.
Hi,

I would assume for booking AFTER 24 hours,GGL cancellation still needs to call?

Thanks
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Fly2Where
Hi,

I would assume for booking AFTER 24 hours,GGL cancellation still needs to call?

Thanks
i am sure I have done them online after 24 hrs and it works correctly with no cancellation fee.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by KARFA

i am sure I have done them online after 24 hrs and it works correctly with no cancellation fee.
thanks...
Old Jun 21, 2020, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Does anyone know if the on line refund is still working for the 24 hour cool off period based on whats happened with Covid? I know under a Covid flight cancellation you need to call as online refund is disabled but Im worried if I book now and need to cancel within the 24 hour grace period the on line refund will not work and that I will be forced to phone and may not be able to get through in time.

Any info or insight would be appreciated.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 6:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Does anyone know if the on line refund is still working for the 24 hour cool off period based on whats happened with Covid? I know under a Covid flight cancellation you need to call as online refund is disabled but Im worried if I book now and need to cancel within the 24 hour grace period the on line refund will not work and that I will be forced to phone and may not be able to get through in time.

Any info or insight would be appreciated.
I don't think online refunds have been re-enabled for any bookings, so clicking on cancel on MMB will just take you to the FTV form.

You would have to call but the lines are not that busy now, I would be surprised if you couldn't get through.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Thanks KARFA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.