What would you change about Avios?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'd bring back the bmi Mastercard !
Old Mar 12, 2017, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I'd bring back all decent airlines and get rid of the horrible ones!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:13 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by source05
As several FFP the possibility to pay extra luggage/overweight with Avios, seat reservation with Avios (even better for free as a lot of airlines).
Agree; being able to pay for a seat reservation with Avios would be good.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Ban YQ
Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Originally Posted by aidy
Ban YQ
Being in Canada, with an airline that runs a virtual monopoly,and an awful FFP, and very expensive redemptions, me thinks you are barking up the wrong tree, eh? :-)
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:52 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Space available upgrades at check in would be good and earning Avios on all spend such as seat payment and extra baggage payment.

S
Old Mar 14, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: BAEC gold (silver most of the time), ex-bmi (RIP) ex-silver, and a fistful of Amexes
+1 to the guy who would remove the "fuel surcharge" or whatever they're calling it these days now that petrol's cheap again. It's gotten utterly out of hand and--alongside the difficulty of booking--is effectively a creeping deval of the programme in addition to the announced one.

Data point to support: this spring I'll take Mrs.Rat back to the beach where we were married, for our tenth anniversary. Both sets of flights were booked on BA on points with the Amex 241: same airports, same class of service. Back then, availability was simply not a problem and the surcharge for tax and suchlike was around ~£350 for both of us. This time we had to stalk the flights 355 days out and set the alarm for 2am to book it, still got suboptimal flights (and later when availability came up, changed them incurring a further change fee) and paid more than a thousand in taxes that aren't really taxes.

I'm still pleased to be taking Mrs. away, mind, and did eventually get exactly what was needed, but the difference ten years makes is pretty stunning.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:14 am
In Memoriam

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Extend RFS to Iberia, Aer Fungus, Revueling and the like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.