Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Congratulations on reaching Silver

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Recently became Silver (thanks everyone on here for the help!) and got the "Welcome to your Silver Executive Club membership" email this week. BA don't seem to have updated their email templates as its still says "Enjoy free selection when you book*", then "*Excludes hand baggage only fares".
I've got my first flight tomorrow as Silver - let see if I get the welcome on board.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by markle
Was on LGW - TPA in January when the CSM congratulated a passenger near me for reaching bronze.

Another passenger near me had to try very hard to stifle their laugh...
How very magnanimous of them to be so considerate towards a lower form of life.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
On my first flight as Gold the CSM greeted me at my seat, welcomed me on board, told me she had my VLML loaded and generally made a fuss of me. Later in the flight from LGW - MLA when pax in Club asked for a second bottle of champagne (in the days of the mini Monopole) they were told no (well in the row opposite) as the crew needed to hold it for the rtn flight. Slightly embarrassing then when another crew member walked out of the galley with a second bottle for me which I'd asked for when my meal tray was taken.

Last edited by Dicksbits; Dec 1, 2017 at 8:10 am
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Very variable - never had anything done that I could remember as Silver, but on my first trip as Gold in WTP a couple of years ago (IAD-LHR) I was moved to CW by the CSD. Similar thing this year on renewal to Gold - together with Mrs CKBA who retained Silver...
Old Dec 26, 2017, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by barneyb
I've got my first flight tomorrow as Silver - let see if I get the welcome on board.
5 flights after being silver I got my welcome to silver on my flight today - better late than never! It's the first flight since I received my silver welcome pack in the post if there is any link to that?
Old Dec 26, 2017, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by barneyb
5 flights after being silver I got my welcome to silver on my flight today - better late than never! It's the first flight since I received my silver welcome pack in the post if there is any link to that?
Unlikely ... they're so busy greeting the thousands of Golds it's a miracle a Silver even gets a mention
Old Dec 26, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA (Gold), GF (Gold), EY (Silver), EK; Hilton (Diamond)
Got a "Good to have you back Mr. GF2B, we hope you enjoy your flight with us today" from the CSD after doors closed on a LHR-BAH a couple of weeks back.

Been Silver for 3 years now, so don't know if it was a welcome since I narrowly missed my connection, or if it was just a status-light flight.
Old May 27, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Just got home from HEL-LHR which was Mrs. Roos' first flight as a newly-minted Silver. Having had received some fanfare for reaching Silver myself on LHR-MIA just a few months back, I was expecting the same treatment for m'lady. I knew what a big deal this was for her, so I was eyeing the cabin crew for someone with an iPad squinting at row numbers, but none of them seemed even slightly inclined to do so (though fair on them, the flight was horrendously delayed as they had their hands full and then some with 6 unexpected special assistance passengers). After meal service, as I went to the bathroom, I mentioned it to the CSM, who said "oh, I usually get a notification on the iPad when that happens" and upon producing said iPad, said "oh, and so I have" - and sure enough, soon after returning to my seat, m'companion received due congratulations, along with some bubbly!

Seems like (against all odds) the IT does work, it's just a matter of the CC remembering to check the iPad.
Old May 29, 2019, 4:46 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
MrD and I first made silver together......!
So romantic..... I'm welling up here.....
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
My wife is gold, I'm silver - last three flights together, she had had a welcome back, anything I can do for you, I have had one nod and grunt plus two complete indifference
IntVic likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 5:19 am

The only personal thanks I've had on BA was last year flying HEL-LHR. I was blue then in club and the mixed fleet csm thanked me for being an executive club member and flying ba!

Nothing since.. At bronze, silver or gold .. 2 BA positioning flights coming up this Sat followed by 2 QR flights... I can guess which will greet more
Old May 29, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by dnajockey
My wife is gold, I'm silver - last three flights together, she had had a welcome back, anything I can do for you, I have had one nod and grunt plus two complete indifference
With 7 years of being silver, I wish I was given one grunt! I just have to be content with silver and indifference
Old May 29, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Ten years ago I was on a 6 sector flight with BA and booked 4 of them in WT+. The LHR-WAW sectors were just Economy. No matter on the return from WAW the flight was delayed for 1.5 hours bacause there was a bag on board but no associated pax in that flight. It took 1,5 hours to sort and I arrived in LHR too late to connect with my LHR-YYZ flight in WT+ Naturally BA put me up for the night and booked me on the next flight to YYZ.
Next day a red light at LHR check in for the flight to YYZ. WTH?? Seems I was upgraded to CW. Thanks BA. Had a nice flight on the upped deck of a 747 with plenty of brandy. First time in CW and on BA's dime.
Return from YYZ to LHR? Upgraded again by the CSD because there were crying kids next to me. Then also on the LHR-DXB connecting flight.
BA hooked my flying soul. I fly on BA in WT+ usually, but sometimes upgrade to CW - like my IB and CA flights LIS-MAD-LHR-YYZ. Return YYZ-LHR in WT+ and then LHR-CDG in Bus.

Yup, still enjoy flying BA even when I am paying "on my dime". Always honest service instead of the plastic service of some airlines - who for now will remain nameless...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.