BA288 - PHX to LHR - Interior

Old Mar 6, 2017, 12:14 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by PETER01
Yes there was a 38J, a 'low' J.

I can't find a seat map but if you can visualise where the main CW cabin is now that is where WTP was.

The UD was the same as now with 20 seats and the remainder of the CW seats in the forward mini CW cabin, as it is now, with 18 seats.
Originally Posted by Globaliser
As far as I can tell, the change was brought in some time around 2007.

The configuration included my all-time favourite WT+ seat: 21K. Even the hi-J throne seat came second to that. A real pity that there isn't anything like it any more.
Thanks for that Globaliser ^
Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:21 pm

Did the PHX><LHR route ever have the flexible passenger cabin in world traveler economy that allowed the plane to handle more cargo?
Old Mar 7, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Originally Posted by Centurion
Did the PHX><LHR route ever have the flexible passenger cabin in world traveler economy that allowed the plane to handle more cargo?
BA had three 747-200 combis (with the side cargo door aft of 4L door), but they were barely used in combi mode and spent most of their life with the rear cabins in full passenger config.

As for whether they flew to PHX, I can't say.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:12 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
Originally Posted by Globaliser
As far as I can tell, the change was brought in some time around 2007.

The configuration included my all-time favourite WT+ seat: 21K. Even the hi-J throne seat came second to that. A real pity that there isn't anything like it any more.
Thanks Globaliser, that satisfied my geek quota for the day
Old Mar 7, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Says something about my mindset towards BA when i immediately interpret the thread title to be a prelude to seeing some more pictures of a grubby seat or cabin.....
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:06 pm

New to BA First Class on the 744... I've been reading a bunch of threads, and I'm still not clear if the F product on BA288 is the new refurbished version? There's availability in both F and J for my dates, and I will be booking with AA miles, but I'm trying to decide which cabin to book. Would appreciate comments and feedback. Thanks.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:24 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Okto
New to BA First Class on the 744... I've been reading a bunch of threads, and I'm still not clear if the F product on BA288 is the new refurbished version? There's availability in both F and J for my dates, and I will be booking with AA miles, but I'm trying to decide which cabin to book. Would appreciate comments and feedback. Thanks.
All F cabins are new first. For some of the 747s they have been refurbished, and the main difference you would notice in F is that they have a more up to date IFE system.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:05 pm

Maybe a little more detail about the econ offering for the kiddies per the OP's query if possible before the F chit chat and best seat in CW debates rage on? I have no info to offer unfortunately so can't help out.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Apologies!! I only considered it as High and Low now... Anyway if leisurely flying and time is no issue at all, maybe break the route up - get a free stop over (for less than 24 hours) and mix up the aircraft you fly on
100% look for an indirect to PHX. You'll get better planes and the extra TP. Downside is having to collect and recheck luggage.

In in fact I'd look for connections through LAX and get on the A380.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 3:16 pm

Planning to take BA 288 F this June to LHR. What type of F are they running on this route now?
Old Mar 8, 2021, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
If the flight operates, it’s currently set to be a 777 with the 2011 onwards F

Images 3 & 4 in post one Seating Queries: First
Old Mar 8, 2021, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
BA are operating a 4-class 777 and AA are operating a 3-class 777-200. Whether either flight operates at the moment is a matter of conjecture.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 3:57 pm

Thank you!
Old Mar 8, 2021, 8:20 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
In the past few months they have switched between 777, 789, A359, A351, and 788 before inevitably cancelling. Due to various cancellations I’ve already shifted my bookings through end of June to connect via LAX. Given the very low passenger loads booked I’ll be surprised if this returns before the switch to the winter schedule (depends also if the US opens the border to the U.K.).
Old Mar 8, 2021, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I doubt that both AA & BA would operate this route in June if travel is allowed in both directions for both UK & US citizens without quarantine.
It's highly likely that the OP would be rerouted through DFW.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.