Search

767 operating BA716/717 LHR-ZRH-LHR S17

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Roger
Planning future flights to/from ZRH, I see that a Boeing 767 is operating daily flights BA716/717 this summer ...
I'm trying to book for early July and am confused.

According to ba.com, although BA717 ZRH-LHR is indeed a daily 767, BA716 LHR-ZRH only operates on Friday and Saturday.

So it looks like we'll have the 767 experience inbound only.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I'm trying to book for early July and am confused.

According to ba.com, although BA717 ZRH-LHR is indeed a daily 767, BA716 LHR-ZRH only operates on Friday and Saturday.

So it looks like we'll have the 767 experience inbound only.
EF says 767 on BA716 daily from 7/7. Did you search before 7/7?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by florens
EF says 767 on BA716 daily from 7/7. Did you search before 7/7?
Yes! We have a family event that week, so dates are critical.

Thanks for getting back to me.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, TK Smiles and Miles, Hilton Honors
Also NCE!

They also have 2 daily 767s scheduled for NCE at the moment as well. BA346/7 and BA348/9

Cheers
Steve
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Yes! We have a family event that week, so dates are critical.

Thanks for getting back to me.
Indeed this seems to have changed to what has been previously filed.

I get the 767 for BA716 LHR-ZRH on the following dates/days:

Code:
Daily
04/09/17
05/26/17
Code:

Su
05/28/17
06/25/17
Code:

Daily
07/07/17
10/28/17
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks again, florens. This will help our other reservations this summer.

I've still not experienced s/h 767 and opportunities are diminishing.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks again, florens. This will help our other reservations this summer.

I've still not experienced s/h 767 and opportunities are diminishing.
Yeh, I hope that my booked 767 flights in May will remain so I can experience it.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Damn, I just booked a RFS on BA716 on my iPhone thinking that it would be a 767, only realising at the end after booking that it is swapped to an A319 on that date!
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:19 am

Looks like today's 716/717 is indeed using E gates, as I predicted. Today looks like E56 as went past the airfield on the train, but it was a fleeting glimpse and cannot be 100% sure
Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:55 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
I flew out on the BA716 on Friday and came back on the BA717 Saturday evening. Had 5A (ET, RFS) on the way out which is quite handy as door 1L is used in ZRH. Great crew. Docked at the E gate.

I literally booked the return flight on the tube travelling to LHR on Friday as up until the day before my outbound, Thursday, no RFS seats were available in ET. Additional award seats generally open up 24-48hrs before the flight. I wanted row 9 for quick disembarkation on arrival (door 2L at LHR) but not possible so settled for 8A. I still managed to be first off the aircraft! Departed from the E gate and I used the Aspire lounge for 20 mins. Shocker of a lounge, glad I didn't have to spend much time in there. Just depressing all around. Bought Lindt chocolates for all the crew as it was Easter Saturday and wished them well. Great aircraft, fond memories of the old BA seats and made such a nice change to my usual Airbus flights.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Strawb
Departed from the E gate and I used the Aspire lounge for 20 mins. Shocker of a lounge, glad I didn't have to spend much time in there. Just depressing all around.
Seriously?

Did you manage to sit out on the terrace and enjoy the aircraft movements below?

Granted, the food provision is not good (compared to a CX, QR F lounge), but this lounge is streets ahead of other BA EU lounges in the network.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:01 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Seriously?

Did you manage to sit out on the terrace and enjoy the aircraft movements below?
​​​​​​I had about half an hour in the lounge and I did see the terrace but didn't utilise it as I had more pressing matters such as refreshments - I didn't want to participate in Buy on Board. Sandwiches looked stale, no hot food at all, chicken frankfurters in brine - no thank you! I had a Gin and Tonic and 2 slices of bread and butter. That was it. And I brought a cup of tea ☕ onboard. No UK papers, staff were hidden in the back for the whole duration I was there (20 mins), and lots of items needing replenishment. Even the tiny BA lounge in JER is better than this one.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Strawb
​​​​​​I had about half an hour in the lounge and I did see the terrace but didn't utilise it as I had more pressing matters such as refreshments - I didn't want to participate in Buy on Board. Sandwiches looked stale, no hot food at all, chicken frankfurters in brine - no thank you! I had a Gin and Tonic and 2 slices of bread and butter. That was it. And I brought a cup of tea ☕ onboard. No UK papers, staff were hidden in the back for the whole duration I was there (20 mins), and lots of items needing replenishment. Even the tiny BA lounge in JER is better than this one.
I guess everyone's opinions differ

I personally really like this lounge (not for its catering, certainly) but for the views and the outdoor terrace where you can sit and watch the action.

Breakfast and dinner times have more substantial catering options, outside that it is just poor sandwiches, low quality wurst and some potted deserts, then some bar snacks (pretzels, nuts, sweets etc).

I guess it is a bit of Stockholm syndrome for me
Old May 25, 2017, 6:38 am

I was actually looking forward to taking the 767 on the 717 service this evening, but it is badly delayed, so I've been moved to the 719, departing at 19:40 in order to protect my onward connection.

I would suggest anyone else on the 717 today to snatch one of the remaining seats on 719 by calling BA pretty sharpish.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.