Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA ABZ Lounge Closing 30 July 2017 [to be refurbished]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA ABZ Lounge Closing 30 July 2017 [to be refurbished]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Originally Posted by strichener
"Hot" food had been left to dry out and the sliders were replaced about 2 hours into my 2 1/2 hour visit with the same dried out burgers but new buns!
If that's the case, that quite possibly against food safety laws. Excessively long period of hot-hold, potentially without temperature monitoring, and product which was in a self-service area (therefore subjected to handling by the public) removed to the kitchen, re-dressed/freshened-up, and returned to service.

If you are certain and still concerned, drop a note to the responsible Environmental Health (Aberdeen City Council) stating you are concerned that there may be food safety violations occurring and why. I know the law in Scotland is slightly different to the rest of the UK, but if that's what's happening, it doesn't sound right.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by mjh0
If that's the case, that quite possibly against food safety laws. Excessively long period of hot-hold, potentially without temperature monitoring, and product which was in a self-service area (therefore subjected to handling by the public) removed to the kitchen, re-dressed/freshened-up, and returned to service.

If you are certain and still concerned, drop a note to the responsible Environmental Health (Aberdeen City Council) stating you are concerned that there may be food safety violations occurring and why. I know the law in Scotland is slightly different to the rest of the UK, but if that's what's happening, it doesn't sound right.
My wife is qualified in Food Hygiene and was threatening to take her thermometer out and quoting 60 degrees this and 70 degrees that . I did what most reasonable people would do in such situations, I put my headphones on and listened to music! In all seriousness, reporting this may be the correct course but I can't be bothered dealing with ACC again as they are horrendous to deal with. I will revert to my normal turn up at ABZ 30 minutes before the flight and forgo the lounge.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 8:57 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by strichener
My wife is qualified in Food Hygiene and was threatening to take her thermometer out and quoting 60 degrees this and 70 degrees that . I did what most reasonable people would do in such situations, I put my headphones on and listened to music! In all seriousness, reporting this may be the correct course but I can't be bothered dealing with ACC again as they are horrendous to deal with. I will revert to my normal turn up at ABZ 30 minutes before the flight and forgo the lounge.
It sounds like she knows what she's talking about. If it's that bad it would be helpful if you or her did the rest of us a favour and reported it.
Tobias-UK, mjh0 and Knickam like this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Hopefully our wait is not too much longer now, as of yesterday I was told the opening date has been brought forward to 7th May. Fingers crossed
golfmad and JamieABZ like this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Cool

Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
Hopefully our wait is not too much longer now, as of yesterday I was told the opening date has been brought forward to 7th May. Fingers crossed
Dang! I have a trip from 05th to 7th - maybe they will have a soft opening and let me in on the Saturday for a trial run.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by JamieABZ
Dang! I have a trip from 05th to 7th - maybe they will have a soft opening and let me in on the Saturday for a trial run.
Unlucky, but stranger things have been known to happen. Knowing them they'll probably enlist you in helping set up
JamieABZ likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:12 am

Unlucky, but stranger things have been known to happen. Knowing them they'll probably enlist you in helping set up
Oooohhh, now you're talking! I could get it set up as I would like to. Service like the CCR (ok, I've only been guested in twice, but it was great) with unlimited top-ups of good bubbles, nice hot food, the great friendly staff like they had before, toilets like in CX T3 (they didn't have any in the last ABZ lounge), plenty charging points and great runway views! I know the views will be there just hoping the rest will happen. Let's see.
KeaneJohn and TyneTraveller like this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I fly into ABZ on the 7th May and out on the 9th May so will be able to report back.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
I fly into ABZ on the 7th May and out on the 9th May so will be able to report back.
Perfect timing. It will be good to hear if it is all up and running as it should be.
golfmad likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Visiting next weekend as Gold in art. Hope the most delightful lady is there that used to work in the BA lounge.
was underwhelmed by the lounge. Seating is ok, lots of plug sockets to charge items. No free pour spirits, choice of complimentary gins was Greenals or Gordon’s. Bubbles only for purchase.

Food, a touch better more choice of cheese and hot dishes though burgers were dried and there for at least 2 hours.

Served by the delightful lady that I know and love from BA downstairs, she hinted she might be returning there said it was due to open late May/early June and said it would be very different.....
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC
I have just noticed @corporate-wage-slave has commented that the new refurbed lounge at ABZ will open in May, is there an exact date or at least one that's penciled in? (I know it always subject to builders and how many cups of tea they are given!! )
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I have just noticed @corporate-wage-slave has commented that the new refurbed lounge at ABZ will open in May, is there an exact date or at least one that's penciled in? (I know it always subject to builders and how many cups of tea they are given!! )
No date yet. I was in the Northern Lights lounge (next door to the new BA one) last week and they were still banging and drilling away very noisily.

They have an indication of a BA lounge to come sign there now. Will have another look on Wednesday.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by antichef
No date yet. I was in the Northern Lights lounge (next door to the new BA one) last week and they were still banging and drilling away very noisily.

They have an indication of a BA lounge to come sign there now. Will have another look on Wednesday.
They told me 14th May when I was in Northern Lights a couple of weeks ago. Time will tell!
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:49 am

Programs: BA GfL
Currently (Wed 18 May, 0950hr to be precise) in the Northern Lights lounge. As you walk down to corridor to the NL lounge, you pass the new BA lounge. The covers are now removed from the windows between the BA lounge and the corridor. The counters are in, but still lots of cables and other bits and pieces showing. Looks to be a decent size, but perhaps not much bigger than the old lounge. I would like to say there was feverish activity, but it was more 'slightly elevated temperature' activity!
Prospero likes this.

Last edited by Lost-in-Space; Apr 18, 2018 at 2:54 am Reason: Correct typos.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Lost-in-Space
The covers are now removed from the windows between the BA lounge and the corridor. The counters are in, but still lots of cables and other bits and pieces showing.
Is it in the new concept style like FCO or the previous Galleries Evolution concept?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.