Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which lounge in Hong Kong?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be
We are arriving to HKG airport at 3PM tomorrow from another flight.
Can we check our luggages in this early for BA32 departing 23:30?
If not any suggestions where to leave them until we go and visit Tian Tan Buddha?

Also which is the best F lounge and how far is that lounge from the usual gate for this flight?
if you are arriving on CX in F (or J?) or any class and a OWE you can use their arrival lounge that has luggage storage (that is overtly allowed to leave their all day, no need to stay in the lounge, whichnis quite basic)
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by seaskybound
if you are arriving on CX in F (or J?) or any class and a OWE you can use their arrival lounge that has luggage storage (that is overtly allowed to leave their all day, no need to stay in the lounge, whichnis quite basic)
Hi,

The CX Arrival lounge closed in November 2018 so is no longer an option.

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:14 pm

Thanks everyone! We are arriving CX J but since some of you pointed out that there is no arrival lounge we will just use the left luggage facilites and pay for storing our bags.

*Just to confirm we don’t need to take any trains between check in > The Pier > BA Flight gate?
*Is it safe to turn up 20 mins prior departure ?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:48 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be
Thanks everyone! We are arriving CX J but since some of you pointed out that there is no arrival lounge we will just use the left luggage facilites and pay for storing our bags.

*Just to confirm we don’t need to take any trains between check in > The Pier > BA Flight gate?
*Is it safe to turn up 20 mins prior departure ?
You can take the internal airport train from security to near gate 40 if you want to. Or you can walk the length of the airport.

To get from the Pier to gate 15, you will need to walk the whole way (with travelators).
let_BAegones_be likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by sxc
You can take the internal airport train from security to near gate 40 if you want to. Or you can walk the length of the airport.

To get from the Pier to gate 15, you will need to walk the whole way (with travelators).
There is an optimised route between the Pier and Gate 15 that avoids the congestion that occurs where the terminal forks - simply bypass the shops between Gate 61 and Gate 36 by following the route behind the shops.

Earlier this month orbitmic and I made to Gate 15 in approx 10 mins

TWCLAM likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:24 pm

Luggage checked through

Thanks everyone for being so helpful.

With regards to the luggage storage problem - I am surprised no one recommended me just to simply ask the CX agent to check our flights through through to the BA flight - and so no need to store it.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: BA GGL
Morning everyone... a quick bit of advice please from more frequent travellers to HKG

We’re flying back from HKG this evening on the BA028 and, luckily, the hotel (the Peninsula) has extended check-out to 18:00. So, while few drinks and dinner in the city will while away a few hours we’ll be at the airport by 9ish I imagine. Which lounge would you recommend for the best quality of wines / champagnes at the moment? Flying in F, but as pretty much leisure only travellers nowadays we are both just lowly silvers

Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Peter_S
Morning everyone... a quick bit of advice please from more frequent travellers to HKG

We’re flying back from HKG this evening on the BA028 and, luckily, the hotel (the Peninsula) has extended check-out to 18:00. So, while few drinks and dinner in the city will while away a few hours we’ll be at the airport by 9ish I imagine. Which lounge would you recommend for the best quality of wines / champagnes at the moment? Flying in F, but as pretty much leisure only travellers nowadays we are both just lowly silvers

Thanks
I always rate the Pier as the best F lounge.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

HI,

Also ( if you have not used it before) Consider the in town check in at Kowloon Airport express (MTR) station which is available all day.

I do like to pop into the Wing F enroute to the Pier F as they have a champagne bar ( self serve) just after you walk in.

Regards

TBS

PS I think airport check in opens about 3 hrs prior ( check MMB) but if you get to the airport at 9pm orjust before that will be fine
Peter_S likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Feb 16, 2019 at 2:25 am
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: BA GGL
Thanks both. While I have used the city check-in before to dump bags early, the hotel is providing a car to the airport and holding the luggage, so no need this time. A self serve champagne bar howber is right up my street
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

CX have three champagnes on offer in its Pier First and Wing First lounges

Current selection (credit to sxc)

Perrier Jouet, Brut NV
Thienot Brut 2008
Alaya Brut Majeur Rosé NV

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-menus-2.html
Peter_S likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Pretty disappointed with my first visit to the QF lounge in a long time - nearly all the tables in the dining area were uncleared, every single one (6-8 or so) of the clean / set tables had reserved signs on them but no indication for whom - Qantas PlatinumOne and Chairman’s Club apparently.

Staff could have said take one of those while we clear the others, but nope... Anyway, gave feedback to assistant manager before leaving for Pier F lounge.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by cgtechuk
One important note is that if you have checked luggage use the Luggage Service (In Town Check In) at the Hong Kong Station the night before or later in the day as the BA Checkin does not open till 3 hours before departure (Strictly)
Is BA in-town check-in 24hrs?
Old Nov 3, 2019, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rontse
Is BA in-town check-in 24hrs?

Hi

I think it opens for the first train ( around 0550) until around mindnight. However I would keep an eye out for the latest travel information as recently ( esp weekends apparently) the Kowloon MTR station ( and intown check in) is closed and airpot express trains run from Hong Kong station and do not stop at kowloon.

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 3, 2019, 7:25 am

Sorry to jump on this thread but it appeared in my feed and is mostly relevant to us. In a week we are off to Hong Kong, flying F but our return is in J. We neither of us have any status so would appreciate direction as to what lounge would be best. We will have a late ish checkout from the hotel but somewhere to kill the time in a pleasant environment after a week in HK would be brilliant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.