BA trip review as One World Sapphire

Old Feb 24, 17, 7:14 am

Programs: BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG Rewards, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
The magic ingredient is coconut oil. It reacts to hot instant coffee by frothing up. If you put enough creamer and sugar on it, you get something that looks like cappuccino, but no self respecting Italian would allow this concotion to pass their lips. Coconut oil can be dried and turned into powder. Funnily enough I know quite a few Italians who are partial to Nescafé Gold Blend, and there is a big market for it there, which there isn't in (e.g.) France. Anyway, the BA BoB coffee is much better than bog standard airline coffee, it's quite clever in using a micro filter to allow ground coffee in the air.
+1 for the most informative post of the day!
Old Feb 24, 17, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Oneworld
Originally Posted by layz View Post
I'm no coffee fan but how do you get an instant cappuccino?
.....By tearing open the sachet, tipping the contents into a cup, and pouring hot water! To paraphrase the old Cresta ads, "it's frothy man!"
Old Feb 24, 17, 7:29 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by eastflyer123 View Post
Instant cappuccino comes powdered in a packet!

It will do - in the air!
So did you bring your own instant cappuccino packet?
Old Feb 24, 17, 7:36 am

Programs: BAEC, Fans of MO, Marriott
Originally Posted by 12cheungtk1 View Post
As far as OWS recognition, not even CX, the airline with good recognition of most OW status holders, personally greet Sapphires, Let alone BA. Won't really get it until you reach at least GGL.

Carering wise, yes the BoB menu isn't great and the lack of availability just makes it worse. But when did you get cappuccinos in economy class even in long haul?

European air travel has become extremely basic these recent years, no matter which airline you fly I'm afraid this is the reality when you fly infra-Europe economy.
Well said I agree

Search this Thread
Search Engine: