FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA/EI Codeshare Seat Selection (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1824277-ba-ei-codeshare-seat-selection.html)

BillyBleach Feb 22, 2017 6:50 am

BA/EI Codeshare Seat Selection

Does anyone know the deal with seat selection on EI codeshare flights?

I have recently booked a LGW to DUB return and no option of reserving seats is provided via MMB.

Do I have to call Aer Lingus?

Additionally will my BA status allow free seat selection?

Note - this isn't a HBO fare (selling classes for the outbound is L, and return is O)

corporate-wage-slave Feb 22, 2017 6:57 am

There was a more detailed thread on this last week, but in essence BA can't see the seats and Aer Lingus can't see the reservation, so you are a bit stuck there. If all else fails, they are very happy to help in the GC lounges. Unfortunately that probably doesn't extend to the BA Lounge LGW.

BillyBleach Feb 22, 2017 7:00 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 27942622)
There was a more detailed thread on this last week, but in essence BA can't see the seats and Aer Lingus can't see the reservation, so you are a bit stuck there. If all else fails, they are very happy to help in the GC lounges.

Ok thanks.

I was able to access the booking on Aer Lingus website, using the BA PNR. However it was completely restricted in allowing any changes to be made.

I'll ring Aer Lingus on the off chance they can do something.

Odiy Feb 22, 2017 7:10 am

They can do it on the phone

yup. Currently in NYC on a code share EI. They will have their own pnr but why can find you by name and date. I suspect they will also charge . Despite being on a code share by BAEC silver card is getting nothing!

BillyBleach Feb 22, 2017 7:24 am

So I called EI and they were able to provide me with their booking reference, but wanted £5.99 per leg for seat selection. I declined.

As a GCH on a codeshare it's very disappointing that free seat selection isn't honoured.

I am hoping that lounge access isn't jeopardised.

Otherwise I am not actually sure what the codeshare is offering beyond earning privileges, which in the big scheme of things is negligible.

irishguy28 Feb 22, 2017 7:25 am

Originally Posted by BillyBleach (Post 27942738)
As a GCH on a codeshare is very disappointing that free seat selection isn't honoured.

EI elites don't get free seat selection on either EI or on BA.

Why should a codeshare partner elilte member therefore get free seat selection?

corporate-wage-slave Feb 22, 2017 7:33 am

Lounge access, via BA in this case is OK if it's a Gold cardholder on a BA codeshare and a 125 ticket. No guests. The seats on Aer Lingus are more standardised than BA, and it is a short sector. At check-in I imagine they could help you get your preferred seat.

BillyBleach Feb 23, 2017 4:00 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 27942742)
EI elites don't get free seat selection on either EI or on BA.

Why should a codeshare partner elilte member therefore get free seat selection?

What EI elites get is irrelevant from my perspective.

If I am offered the ability to book a certain route marketed by the carrier I am member of. I assume the normal privileges of my membership apply.

Otherwise just get me to book via the EI website, where no confusion would exist.