FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Qantas and BAEC Earning (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1824214-qantas-baec-earning.html)

shobday96 Feb 22, 2017 12:43 am

Qantas and BAEC Earning

Hi all,

Jist flown back QF from Dubai. I was originally booked in Premium Economy, but upgraded to business using their bid for upgrade tool.
Anyway, had a quick look on the BA Avios calculator and couldn't find the earning rates for U Class. This is what MyFlights shows as my fare code.
Will I earn the Avios and TPs for a PE fare, or full a business ticket? Thanks.
As a side note, wasn't that impressed with QF. Would take Club World over their product any day.

Cheers for all the help and sorry to bring up Qantas and Dubai again! :p

nux Feb 22, 2017 12:53 am

QF Promotional/discount upgrades do not earn further avios/TPs, you will earn as per the underlying ticket. U is a business award fare class.

darthlemsip Feb 22, 2017 1:15 am

The QF A380 J product isn't very nice (IMO), but having had my second flight in the seat on the A330 a couple of days ago (same one they'll put on the 789 for the direct flights to Oz), it's probably my favourite long haul J now

EDIT: Sorry, meant to quote OP

shobday96 Feb 22, 2017 3:27 am

Originally Posted by nux (Post 27941831)
QF Promotional/discount upgrades do not earn further avios/TPs, you will earn as per the underlying ticket. U is a business award fare class.

Ah bummer, oh well you get what you pay for! Cheers

shobday96 Feb 22, 2017 3:28 am

Originally Posted by darthlemsip (Post 27941883)
The QF A380 J product isn't very nice (IMO), but having had my second flight in the seat on the A330 a couple of days ago (same one they'll put on the 789 for the direct flights to Oz), it's probably my favourite long haul J now

EDIT: Sorry, meant to quote OP

Granted, the A330 product looks great. But it was the service and crew I was least impressed with. I knew about the pretty shoddy seat, but expected more than that from the soft product.

jimlad48 Feb 22, 2017 4:52 am

The QF380 J is a very mixed product - some bits excellent, but my return LHR-DXB recently was very average - the seats were pretty naff, and the food service mixed and I found that the stewards served person next to me, then walked on without asking me for service on 2nd meal.

Its okay and can be quite cheap (e.g. I did BAH-LHR via DXB return on QF and EK for £1500 vice £3500 direct with BA) and got TPs for it, but wouldnt rush to do it again. Next time I'm trying QR.

luftaom Feb 22, 2017 6:32 am

I think that the LHR based crew (who just do LHR-DXB-LHR) aren't quite as good as the Australian based crew - who I find to be on the whole excellent (yes, you get the odd grump - but the overwhelming majority of them are really good).

I agree with darthlemsip - the QF A330 J class is also my favourite in the sky.

shobday96 Feb 23, 2017 2:51 am

Quick update to this if anyone's interested - Avios and TPs have posted as a business fare with the class bonus and all, which is interesting. Not sure whether they'll be readjusted manually or something but I guess we'll wait and see.

With regards to the product, looks like I might have to get myself to Oz to try the A333 :p

sxc Feb 23, 2017 3:01 am

Excellent! When you look at the transaction details what is the class denoted in the brackets? eg "(J/U)"

shobday96 Feb 23, 2017 3:07 am

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 27946709)
Excellent! When you look at the transaction details what is the class denoted in the brackets? eg "(J/U)"

Transaction details show (J/J) so no mention of the U class fare I was supposedly actually on!

LTN Phobia Feb 23, 2017 3:13 am

Originally Posted by luftaom (Post 27942556)
I think that the LHR based crew (who just do LHR-DXB-LHR) aren't quite as good as the Australian based crew - who I find to be on the whole excellent (yes, you get the odd grump - but the overwhelming majority of them are really good).

Personally I always felt the opposite but I guess there are good crew and not so good crew with any airline.

I hate QF J on A380 enough not to pay cash to fly them at all (I am a slope hater).

I like their A330 seats though.

sxc Feb 23, 2017 3:41 am

Interestingly I had a QF upgrade using QF points but credited to BA. It was processed 24 hours before departure and ended up being credited to BA as J also. I never checked what the booking class on the upgraded ticket was though.