Search

Advance seat selection on IB codeshare

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold
Advance seat selection on IB codeshare

Hi All,

I have a BA Y booking (LHR-MAD-LHR) with the rtn on an Iberia flight.

As a BA silver I have managed to allocate a seat for the outbound however I cannot allocate a seat for the inbound, MMB on BA.com sends me to the Iberia page where it wont allow me to see the seatmap let alone book a seat.

Any clues?

TIA

CB
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Is MMB showing a different PNR for Iberia (which is what I'm expecting) in that seating selection window, or the same one as BA? If so, try going into Iberia.com with the Iberia code directly. You can also try the Finnair, Qatar, RJ and Qantas websites to see if they come up with seat maps, but it may just require you to wait a few days and then it will just work. But yes, this is a known weakness, it may need to be left until check-in, but if you OLCI you should still get a reasonable seat, many Spanish travellers won't check in online if they can avoid it.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
MMB will most likely show a different PNR for Iberia - but it will most likely be 5 digits which you can't use on iberia.com (or anywhere, really).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.