Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which aircraft who does have wifi?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VX Gold
Originally Posted by flatlander
You should have stuck to AA, their 77Ws have wifi and it works pretty well most of the time. I even got a pro-active refund on the cost a couple of days after the one recent occasion when it wasn't working well during part of the flight.

If your inflight addiction is wine, fly BA. If it's Facebook, fly AA.
Ironically the service on AA is the same Panasonic solution that BA trialed a couple of years ago. Not sure you can say it was a failed trial, more that BA were offered a stunningly good deal on the cost of the Gogo 2Ku equipment for long haul and also don't use Panasonic IFE very widely, so there was little scope for a bundled discount (I'm guessing the Pansonic trial was offered as part of the 747 IFE refurb deal). Similarly, Inmarsat offered BA a very good deal as launch (so far only) customer for their Air-To-Ground solution.

It remains to be seen what that means for end user pricing: Gogo are running an introductory offer of $9.95 per flight on Delta's long haul 2Ku-equipped aircraft at the moment, but it may well go back to the $20-$40 per flight that Gogo's US domestic Air-To-Ground solution costs, depending on what is optimal for Gogo's profits. The upper end of that range would be significantly more than the cost of the Panasonic connectivity solution on AA.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, they are building some sort of add on to the BA App, so that you can watch some content streamed through that. So on shorthaul there may be a few television programmes, and perhaps the news available. Also the moving map, which for LGW and LCY travellers is good news. If I was to take a guess, maybe the option of premium content, such as recent movies or sports events for a fee. This is already the system they have on IB Express (somewhat clunkily) and on many Asian airlines.
Interesting stuff, that would be an improvement.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by britsv
Ironically the service on AA is the same Panasonic solution that BA trialed a couple of years ago. Not sure you can say it was a failed trial...
My experience of the WiFi on AA is excellent. Perhaps BA deemed the trial a failure because exceeding the passengers expectation is not part of their DNA nowadays. Cuts are the DNA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.