Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A new enhancement? [membership pack dispatched with no postage paid]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A new enhancement? [membership pack dispatched with no postage paid]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Wish I could but they don't exist on line anymore. I'll have a look and see if I've got copies anywhere.
Waiting with baited breath...
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by navylad
Waiting with baited breath...

This is what I could find. The Bronze was a version done as part of a set with a heritage image theme. The Gold was the only version of that I could locate. It had the airline name but also I made a back of the card for it too. I did a few different CCR card variants this was the one I found. Please excuse the dodgy font on that. No copyright infringement is intended and I will remove this if BA are unhappy with it.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Feb 20, 2017 at 7:33 pm
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Very tasteful! Thanks for digging those out for us. ^
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:12 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, BA Gold, Hyatt
I like the one with the vintage plane, adds a little bit of panache to what are now terribly boring cards.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by T8191
Very tasteful! Thanks for digging those out for us. ^
No worries
Originally Posted by KMPete
I like the one with the vintage plane, adds a little bit of panache to what are now terribly boring cards.
They weren't the best examples - just what I could find. I'll have a dig around on more memory sticks tonight and see what I can unearth. Might find the Premier version if I'm lucky.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:08 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Just a quick note to say that this was an unfortunate error that only effected a small number of members. I can only apologise for the inconvenience this caused and the cost you incurred.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Just a quick note to say that this was an unfortunate error that only effected a small number of members. I can only apologise for the inconvenience this caused and the cost you incurred.
Glad to see this acknowledged here - but it does say something about the current perception of BA Customer service (at least on this board) and so-called enhancements that it was not just seen as a genuine error!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by redpalmetto
Glad to see this acknowledged here - but it does say something about the current perception of BA Customer service (at least on this board) and so-called enhancements that it was not just seen as a genuine error!
I don't think anyone seriously thought this was an intentional change by BA.

Now, if only Gavin could tell us that Buy on Board was also "an unfortunate error"...
Old Feb 25, 2017, 1:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just returned from a trip to be greeted by a less-than-amused Mrs FO. She'd just been on an hour round trip to...yes you guessed it...the post office to collect the renewal pack sent without postage. It's not the £2 that's the issue...its the inconvenience.

No luggage labels in mine but there was a golden ticket. Might send it to Willie Walsh for his services to Royal Mail.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by Paralytic
I don't think anyone seriously thought this was an intentional change by BA.
Indeed. Or perhaps if some did think so (perhaps Florens above?), it may be because they aren't UK residents familiar with the system. I've never heard of any instance of any organisation intentionally sending out unpaid post via RM.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Noting the lack of any comment about making good the expense incurred by members.....

This happened to me about 8 months ago with a business supplier that had sent out a batch of invoices unfranked. In their case I had a second letter 2 days later with an apology and a £5 Costa (I think) card and a message to "have a coffee on us". My estimations of the supplier improved significantly.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Indeed. Or perhaps if some did think so (perhaps Florens above?), it may be because they aren't UK residents familiar with the system. I've never heard of any instance of any organisation intentionally sending out unpaid post via RM.
I know of one instance where I traipsed all the way to the collection point at my local sorting office to pick up something with unpaid postage on. Bloke showed me the offending piece of post which was a shiny card announcing that a sale was now on at a retailer I had shopped at in the past. He said that what had happened was they'd obviously franked directly onto the shiny surface. It hadn't dried fully if at all and then rubbed off in the sorting. I told him he could keep it as I wasn't paying for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.