Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access post/pre-flight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2017, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Lounge access post/pre-flight

Hello, all! I've lurked for many years and have gotten such great info from all of you- thank you! Normally I can answer any question I have with a quick search, but I have one that I am not sure about and am hoping someone can help.

We are flying First from IAD to LHR in several weeks, arriving at about 10am. We have a flight at 15:55 from LHR to AMS in Club Europe. I had been told that we could access the CCR between our flights to relax, shower, etc. I had hoped to not use the arrivals lounge shower as the one time I used it several years ago the pod I was given was moldy and smelled and was generally unappealing.

I just read something that indicated that we will not be able to use our incoming flight to access a lounge, and can only use the subsequent flight. I am hoping I misunderstood! Does anyone know what we will be allowed to do between landing at LHR and departing for AMS?

Thank you so much!!
Old Feb 16, 2017, 8:49 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by travlgrrrl
I just read something that indicated that we will not be able to use our incoming flight to access a lounge, and can only use the subsequent flight. I am hoping I misunderstood! Does anyone know what we will be allowed to do between landing at LHR and departing for AMS?
Where did you read this?

Arriving in F and connecting to CE means you can use the CCR based on the inbound longhaul class of service.

See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...uidelines.html
Old Feb 16, 2017, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Thank you so much! I didn't read it specifically, I inferred it from a post where people were discussing lounge access and someone mentioned that the person was accessing the lounge based on the incoming flight so they should have been going to an arrivals lounge (they also had a flight later that day).

I was hoping I had misunderstood or that perhaps the details were different somehow. Again, many thanks!
Old Feb 17, 2017, 12:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk travlgrrrl, and welcome to the BA forum, it's good to see you here, and indeed the above mentioned thread is the best place to go for lounge questions. However you certainly do have CCR access, and effectively two choices for showers: the main shower section of Elemis spa, which was partly refurbished a year ago, and you can also contact YouFirst for a cabana booking during your connecting flight. Actually there are 2 other lounges offering showers too, but I can't imagine you would be heading there.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 3:14 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Assuming you're on BA in First, then you'll have access to the CCR.

If you're on AA, then the AA arrivals lounge followed by Galleries Club, or if you're OneWorld Emerald, Galleries First.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bjorns
Assuming you're on BA in First, then you'll have access to the CCR.

If you're on AA, then the AA arrivals lounge followed by Galleries Club, or if you're OneWorld Emerald, Galleries First.
1. AA doesn't fly WAS-LON non-stop (admittedly it could be WAS-JFK-LHR-AMS etc.);

2. Even if the OP is on AA, [s]he is in First and would be connecting from a long-haul to a short-haul, with the higher class of service (in this case, the long-haul) determining the lounge access if both flights are on the same day under OW rules. As such, the correct lounge would be Galleries First, regardless of Emerald status.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 6:12 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by Cymro
As such, the correct lounge would be Galleries First, regardless of Emerald status.
I stand corrected.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Thank you all so much! (and we are on BA metal.) Now I just have to wait another couple weeks for menus and all those wonderful things. Is it sad that I am looking forward to the flight experience almost as much as the trip itself?! (Flying first is an exceptionally rare experience for me.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.