FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA/CX Online check-in but hold off printing /Apping (etc) your boarding pass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1822510-ba-cx-online-check-but-hold-off-printing-apping-etc-your-boarding-pass.html)

docsxx Feb 15, 2017 2:41 pm

BA/CX Online check-in but hold off printing /Apping (etc) your boarding pass

Hello,

I wonder if anyone has had the same issue... if in a BA/BA/CX ticket I checkin in ba.com but delay printing the CX boarding pass, I never manage to get it back, in paper or in the app.

Does anyone have the same issue? Any way around it?

Thanks!

Docsxx

corporate-wage-slave Feb 15, 2017 3:00 pm

Is this a BA codeshare on to CX? If so, then yes, in many codeshare cases you only have one shot at getting the boarding pass on BA.com, and potentially none at all on the App. If you opt not to take the last sector, you then don't get it coming up again (don't ask me why) even though you potentially can have further goes at the BA sectors. If you have the CX locator you should be able to use the CX website to get the boarding pass regardless. But assuming there is a LHR-HKG in there, you should be able to pick up a boarding pass at LHR for the onward flight, if not there are desks in HKG in the arrival area for Cathay.

docsxx Feb 15, 2017 3:05 pm

Thanks, c-w-s! This is exactly my case, just one shot or else wandering in LHR T3 or HKG to find someone from CX to get the boarding pass... I'll keep religiously checking in on a computer with printer! Thanks again.

Docsxx

corporate-wage-slave Feb 15, 2017 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by docsxx (Post 27914318)
Thanks, c-w-s! This is exactly my case, just one shot or else wandering in LHR T3 or HKG to find someone from CX to get the boarding pass... I'll keep religiously checking in on a computer with printer! Thanks again.

Docsxx

If you are going via T3 then obviously the agents in the CX lounge, who are their most experienced staff, are probably best placed to assist.

It's certainly irritating, and it's not just Cathay either, it applies to Aer Lingus, FlyBe, Loganair, Vueling and doubtless many others. Essentially airlines not on BA's Amadeus host. I know about it, so I do the full check-in all at once in these circumstances, but of course one reason for holding off is to get particular seats.

gypsyjaney Feb 16, 2017 11:16 am

Yes, indeed, goodness knows where it goes to - which is why I always take a screen shot before I close the window.

TonyHancock Feb 16, 2017 7:37 pm

I had the issue on Monday.

When I got to HKG and the transfer desk it took them 10 mins to finally print the BP for my CX flight. I then had a beep at the gate because it was perceived as a duplicate.

docsxx Feb 17, 2017 12:13 am

As everyone says, best way is to checkin and print every boarding pass the first time, and in ba.com with a printer by the side. Slightly annoying in 2017!

Next week I have a BA/BA/CX and I am going to do as I say, but will try then to get the CX boarding pass in their app too. I doubt it will work.

Someone in the mood could try not to check in the CX leg and see if afterwards one can check in in the CX app. I don't dare to try, as TonyHancock says, it is 10 minutes that I miss drinking wonderful champagne in the Pier lounge!

corporate-wage-slave Feb 17, 2017 12:39 am

Originally Posted by docsxx (Post 27920768)
As everyone says, best way is to checkin and print every boarding pass the first time, and in ba.com with a printer by the side. Slightly annoying in 2017!

What I do is set up Google Docs as a printer location, which you can do in Chrome if you have a Google Docs account and have logged in first. But they other approach is just to email to you, the reason being that the email success message comes back before you've left the boarding pass screen, so you can have another go at it if necessary.

docsxx Feb 17, 2017 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 27920822)
What I do is set up Google Docs as a printer location, which you can do in Chrome if you have a Google Docs account and have logged in first. But they other approach is just to email to you, the reason being that the email success message comes back before you've left the boarding pass screen, so you can have another go at it if necessary.

Clever! Next week I'll try and report back :-)