FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   What is WT+ really like? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1821933-what-wt-really-like.html)

shonamac Feb 13, 2017 5:07 pm

What is WT+ really like?

I am debating a SJC-LHR flight (787) in WT+. Having never ridden this beast on BA, I don't know what to expect.

The only other Prem Eco cabin that I have experience of is on SK long-haul to / from Asia, which has always been very pleasant, especially when the PE cabin is not full.

How do you think BA would compare?

EuropeanPete Feb 13, 2017 5:19 pm

I'd think of BA Premium Economy as being like Economy might have been sometime in the past when it was more expensive and more comfortable. The degree to which WT+ is worth extra value over WT is in my opinion largely dependent on your size. Someone who's a petite 1.45m would obviously benefit less than a 1.85m slightly overweight businessman. It's maybe worthwhile saying that World Traveller on BA's 787 is particularly squished, so WT+ is an especially good upgrade here.

I've never flown SAS Plus (to be honest I hadn't been aware it existed), but the seat dimensions and legroom match the BA ones pretty closely...

Deltus Feb 13, 2017 5:33 pm

The 787 also has the "new" (2010) version of the WT+ cabin, which is a good step up on the 2000 edition that you still find on 747s and some 777s.

Be aware that the second meal service on US flights is exactly the same in WT as WT+, the "Club World main" is only for the first meal of the flight. Not sure how that compares with SK though.

Virazuno Feb 13, 2017 5:37 pm

I actually think that WT+ is the nicest cabin on the 787...

It has an exclusive and private feel, yet remains spacious and airy, and is a major upgrade on standard WT. I've done CW and WT+ on the 787 and actually prefer WT+ on daytime flights.

golfmad Feb 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Virazuno (Post 27905230)

It has an exclusive and private feel, yet remains spacious and airy, and is a major upgrade on standard WT. I've done CW and WT+ on the 787 and actually prefer WT+ on daytime flights.

I've not flown WT+ on any of BA's aircraft for about 15 years but I find it hard to imagine it's preferable to CW for a whole host of reasons.

britsv Feb 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Deltus (Post 27905211)
The 787 also has the "new" (2010) version of the WT+ cabin, which is a good step up on the 2000 edition that you still find on 747s and some 777s.

Be aware that the second meal service on US flights is exactly the same in WT as WT+, the "Club World main" is only for the first meal of the flight. Not sure how that compares with SK though.

On West Coast flights you get a hot English breakfast on the way to London and an ambient snack box midway through the flight plus a hot snack before landing in SJC. Not the same as WT.

Tardislass Feb 13, 2017 6:26 pm

As a WT+ veteran who finally made it up to CW, I can say the WT+ Cabin is a lot smaller and more intimate that CW. While you do have to share toilets with WT-that dreaded curtain is always shut by the CW loos, I like the fact it's a little more leg room and smaller cabin.

Is it worth it is something only you can decide. I found the FAs in WT+ oddly more friendly and less robotic than CW. But I love the flatbed and food in CW.

RGS5526 Feb 13, 2017 6:27 pm

I'd think of BA Premium Economy as being like Economy might have been sometime in the past when it was more expensive and more comfortable.
The food may be different, but the seats are very much like what I recall of CW seats around 1990.

Deltus Feb 13, 2017 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by britsv (Post 27905290)
On West Coast flights you get a hot English breakfast on the way to London and an ambient snack box midway through the flight plus a hot snack before landing in SJC. Not the same as WT.

Ah, I stand corrected then - I've only flown ORD and JFK in WT+ since the recent catering cutbacks - I didn't realise the west coast flights had kept a better service.

FlyerTalker7654 Feb 13, 2017 8:16 pm

The wife and I have to go back to London for a wedding and was debating if we go with BA in WT+. Would have made silver had we. However, in the end we went with Virgin as we have to fly back to Vegas and from reading here WT+ on the 747 is a joke. At least Virgin premium is half decent from Gatwick to Vegas.

BrianWBrazil Feb 14, 2017 12:54 am

WT+ is clearly better than WT, but you have to put your own value on that amenity: what is is worth to you? Booking in advance, my route RIO-LONDON regularly offers WT at $400 each way and WT+ at $450. Then, when these are sold out, the WT+ price will jump to $600 and $900. Personally (as a short guy, who can sit in a cramped space and jump from the window to the aisle without disturbing other passengers), I don't think WT+ is worth more than double the WT price, but getting it for up to 50% more is, in my opinion, a price worth paying.

mikeyfly Feb 14, 2017 1:07 am

Originally Posted by Virazuno (Post 27905230)

I think this is a ridiculous comment I'm afraid - the F cabin on the 789 is absolutely fantastic, I can assure you it's a touch nicer than the WT+ Cabin

olouie Feb 14, 2017 1:16 am

It's nice. Wish the front row footrest would go up more. Service is usually hit or miss and food is kind of meh. However I sleep really well on these seats for some resson - even better than I do in CW. Maybe it's due to shorter meal leaving more time to sleep.

xenole Feb 14, 2017 1:20 am

I've flown WT+ a few times and have some flights coming up in it on the A380.
Usually try and grab the first row so plenty of legroom although you lose out of the footrest and the ability to use the IFE from the off.
Seats are no more comfortable than WT+ to be honest. Still get a sore backside from sitting in them for ages as they're quite firm.
Food wise, don't usually bother so can't say anything here.
Don't need a newspaper.
Menus could be classed as a nice touch. Same with pre-departure drinks.

The slight possibility of being upgraded to CW is a good thing about it (or use of Avios to upgrade), as are 90TP each way compared to maybe 20-30? for WT (and not getting 25% of the miles). If prices aren't too far apart, I may well go for this. £1000+ to say the east coast Vs. £400 in Y and it's Y for me.
Picked up some ex-ARN/GOT WT+ in the recent sale for around £470+ so more than happy with that pricing.

Got CW on my next 787-9 flight. 1A last time so getting to see what's different.
WT+ booked originally and then used a GUF2 to upgrade to CW.

Cymro Feb 14, 2017 2:30 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 27906470)
I think this is a ridiculous comment I'm afraid - the F cabin on the 789 is absolutely fantastic, I can assure you it's a touch nicer than the WT+ Cabin

True, but it's pretty grim on the 788 :)