Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RichieMc
First Cabin:
Champagne: LPGS, Jacquart Rosé Mosaďque NV, Bolney Estate Vintage Blanc de Blancs

Reds: Chateau Cantemerle 2008 Cru Classe Haut Medoc. 2014 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir. Geol 2014 Bodegas Tomas Cusine Costers, Spain. Ch teau Rouget 2008 Pomerol, Sileni Estate The Plateau Pinot Noir 2014. Acústic Celler Ritme 2014

Whites: 2014 Meursault Bouchard Pere et Fils. Cheninsolite 2014 Anjou Blanc (sweet). 2015 Pinot Gris, Oregon USA. Saint-Aubin Premier Cru La Chateniere 2014. Pouilly-Fumé 2015, Domaine des Cassiers. Tellurian Heathcote Fiano 2015

CCR (updated May 2022) :

Champagne: LPGS, Lanson Extra Age Rosé Brut NV, Hattingley Valley Blanc de Noirs 2015
Reds: Château de Fieuzal Pessac-Leognan 2011, La Follette Los Primeros Pinot Noir 2017 (Califorina, USA), Tenuta di Renieri Chianti Classico 2015, Marco Zunino Reserve Malbec 2017 (Mendoza, Argentina).
Whites: Jean-Marc Brocard Chablis 1er Cru Fourchaume 2015, Goldwater Sauvignon Blanc Wairau Valley 2015 (Marlborough, NZ), Weingut Malat Crazy Creatures Grüner Veltliner 2017 (Kremstal, Austria), Mar de Frades Albarińo Atlantico 2018 (Rias Baixas, Spain).
Dessert/Port: Giesen “The Brothers” Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc 2013 (NZ), Warre’s Colheita Port 2009

Galleries First T5:
Duval LeRoy 2006

Club World:

Club Europe:
Champagne de Castelnau

Print Wikipost

The BA Champagne & Wine thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
In here now and was disappointed to see the Castelnau in GF, this is the same stuff as in GC? I thought they were moving to Canard-Duchęne Charles VII or is that only LHR?
The Castlenau in GC is non-vintage, whereas the one last night in GF was a 2012 vintage, and I would say it was much nicer than the NV.

Not sure if LGW has had the Canard-Duchęne Charles VII yet? I note it isn't in LHR this morning either.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
In here now and was disappointed to see the Castelnau in GF, this is the same stuff as in GC? I thought they were moving to Canard-Duchęne Charles VII or is that only LHR?
Not the same. I think the GC Castelnau is non-vintage.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
The Castlenau in GC is non-vintage, whereas the one last night in GF was a 2012 vintage, and I would say it was much nicer than the NV.

Not sure if LGW has had the Canard-Duchęne Charles VII yet? I note it isn't in LHR this morning either.
Originally Posted by fruitcage

Not the same. I think the GC Castelnau is non-vintage.
The Castelanu in GF has mainly been the non-vintage today . They had 3-4 bottles of the vintage 2003 but it didn't last long. Agreed the vintage is much nicer. I've gone back to the Jeeper Rose.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
I miss the Henriot. Very much.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
There was a very pleasant 2008 Chateau Talbot in the CCR on Wednesday........
Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Taitt in GF T3 today. (Taittinger Prélude Grands Crus NV)
Old Dec 1, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
Castelnau and Jeepers Rose in GF at LGW today. I always try and go for the Jeepers as the Castelnau gives me song headache in the morning!
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Vinotraveller

As I noted up thread, the Charles VII was in LGW GF on September 29th but last Tuesday was back to the Castlenau 2012. I didn‘t try the latter but I still remember that the Charles VII was a pleasant surprise.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by tomparskate
Castelnau and Jeepers Rose in GF at LGW today. I always try and go for the Jeepers as the Castelnau gives me song headache in the morning!
I’ve discovered the secret to avoiding headaches ... drink less!
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

I’ve discovered the secret to avoiding headaches ... drink less!
Remind me tomorrow
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
There was a very pleasant 2008 Chateau Talbot in the CCR on Wednesday........
And still available to enjoy today^
Gastrocnemius likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald, StarAlliance Gold
Charles VII and Jeepers in GF on the 16 Dec. Both very drinkable though the Mrs prefers LP Rose in the QR lounge at a similar price point to the Jeepers. And both better than the Castelnau Reserve NV currently served inflight in CE. (Ie top up before you board)
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
hi
canard_duchene and jeeper (rose) in t5 gf today

regards

tbs
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
The same today, and a rather lovely 2014 Auxey Duresse which is drinking very well indeed.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
What are the current champagnes on offer on Club World? Has it changed from Henriot?

Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.