Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RichieMc
First Cabin:
Champagne: LPGS, Jacquart Rosé Mosaďque NV, Bolney Estate Vintage Blanc de Blancs

Reds: Chateau Cantemerle 2008 Cru Classe Haut Medoc. 2014 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir. Geol 2014 Bodegas Tomas Cusine Costers, Spain. Ch teau Rouget 2008 Pomerol, Sileni Estate The Plateau Pinot Noir 2014. Acústic Celler Ritme 2014

Whites: 2014 Meursault Bouchard Pere et Fils. Cheninsolite 2014 Anjou Blanc (sweet). 2015 Pinot Gris, Oregon USA. Saint-Aubin Premier Cru La Chateniere 2014. Pouilly-Fumé 2015, Domaine des Cassiers. Tellurian Heathcote Fiano 2015

CCR (updated May 2022) :

Champagne: LPGS, Lanson Extra Age Rosé Brut NV, Hattingley Valley Blanc de Noirs 2015
Reds: Château de Fieuzal Pessac-Leognan 2011, La Follette Los Primeros Pinot Noir 2017 (Califorina, USA), Tenuta di Renieri Chianti Classico 2015, Marco Zunino Reserve Malbec 2017 (Mendoza, Argentina).
Whites: Jean-Marc Brocard Chablis 1er Cru Fourchaume 2015, Goldwater Sauvignon Blanc Wairau Valley 2015 (Marlborough, NZ), Weingut Malat Crazy Creatures Grüner Veltliner 2017 (Kremstal, Austria), Mar de Frades Albarińo Atlantico 2018 (Rias Baixas, Spain).
Dessert/Port: Giesen “The Brothers” Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc 2013 (NZ), Warre’s Colheita Port 2009

Galleries First T5:
Duval LeRoy 2006

Club World:

Club Europe:
Champagne de Castelnau

Print Wikipost

The BA Champagne & Wine thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:12 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bonoglobetrotter
On a separate note, in late March, a lounge attendant in SIN told me that champagne is no longer avail on demand in BA's business lounges. Is this true? 😭
I was in the MAN lounge in early March and got a glass of champagne so I am not sure that is true.
bonoglobetrotter likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
My luck...T5 GF was Jacquart everywhere today, the nauseating Castelnau was served on my CW flight which I returned straightaway after one sip despite clearly asking the staff for the Henriot ( they didn’t have a clue other than white or rose- the menu offered henriot white and castleno in white and rose but this detail was lost on them)
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald, StarAlliance Gold
Originally Posted by nh1980
... despite clearly asking the staff for the Henriot ( they didn’t have a clue other than white or rose- the menu offered henriot white and castleno in white and rose but this detail was lost on them)
Sadly I've found that to be the case too often. One even said to me "Why? Are you fussy?".

The other issue is that even if you get clued up staff, sometimes BA doesn't even stock what's on the menu. That's happened three times in the last few months.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 12:46 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Originally Posted by nh1980
My luck...T5 GF was Jacquart everywhere today, the nauseating Castelnau was served on my CW flight which I returned straightaway after one sip despite clearly asking the staff for the Henriot ( they didn’t have a clue other than white or rose- the menu offered henriot white and castleno in white and rose but this detail was lost on them)
Im liking the Jacquart far more than the Henriot at T5GF. Never quite took to it when Tattinger went out the door.

Hope this change is permanent, heard a rumour it was just temporary due to Henriot supply issues. Might also explain why a lack of this on CW too. Not sure if true, or just an urban myth.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Originally Posted by KARFA
I was in the MAN lounge in early March and got a glass of champagne so I am not sure that is true.
Yes I’m there pretty much every week and not had a knock back yet!
KARFA and bonoglobetrotter like this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Wine situation in LGW GF yesterday was as follows;

Champagne - Taittinger NV Brut and Jacquart Rose
Whites - a Gavi, a Chilean Chardonnay and an Australian Marsanne/Rousanne blend
Reds - a South African red blend, a Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon and a Californian Pinot Noir.

Nothing particularly exciting at all compared to even one year ago.
Old May 1, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
LGW GF today and, to add to the above, there is also the Taittinger 2009 Millesime. Very nice indeed it is too.
libertyuk likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by sirkay
LGW GF today and, to add to the above, there is also the Taittinger 2009 Millesime. Very nice indeed it is too.
That is a definite improvement!
Old May 19, 2018, 9:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I’ve taken a couple of short band CE flights the last couple of days and on both of them Monopole has made an appearance. On MAN-LHR there was a mixture of Champagne de Castelnau and Monopole. On my connection there was only Monopole available. Drinking the two side-by-side, I definitely prefer the Castelnau.

I suspect this is a supply issue rather than a change in the offering.
Old May 19, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Not sure what happened on today's flight from Brussels... Never expected to see Monopole ever again .... And they only had one! I'm confused.... Any ideas?
​​​​​

Last edited by ReynoldsNumber; May 19, 2018 at 1:41 pm Reason: Can’t get the full size image to appear in the post.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
After a recent drought of old world wines, very nice to see the return of Pierre Andre Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru to GF T3 today. There's also Feuillat-Juilott Montagny 1st Cru Les Coeres plus a Spanish wine promotion of red, white and rose wines.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Grafton001
After a recent drought of old world wines, very nice to see the return of Pierre Andre Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru to GF T3 today. There's also Feuillat-Juilott Montagny 1st Cru Les Coeres plus a Spanish wine promotion of red, white and rose wines.
^

There was a very drinkable 2011 French red in EDI GC on Thurs. Can't recall exactly what though ...
Old Jun 9, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Duplicate
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by Grafton001
Great news.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
They’ve upped their game with Chanson Pere et Fils Puligny-Montrachet Champs Gains Premier Cru 2011 today in GF T3, crisp and fresh.

The Rose champagne is still Jeepers Grand Rose NV.

Last edited by Grafton001; Jul 28, 2018 at 4:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.