Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RichieMc
First Cabin:
Champagne: LPGS, Jacquart Rosé Mosaïque NV, Bolney Estate Vintage Blanc de Blancs

Reds: Chateau Cantemerle 2008 Cru Classe Haut Medoc. 2014 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir. Geol 2014 Bodegas Tomas Cusine Costers, Spain. Ch teau Rouget 2008 Pomerol, Sileni Estate The Plateau Pinot Noir 2014. Acústic Celler Ritme 2014

Whites: 2014 Meursault Bouchard Pere et Fils. Cheninsolite 2014 Anjou Blanc (sweet). 2015 Pinot Gris, Oregon USA. Saint-Aubin Premier Cru La Chateniere 2014. Pouilly-Fumé 2015, Domaine des Cassiers. Tellurian Heathcote Fiano 2015

CCR (updated May 2022) :

Champagne: LPGS, Lanson Extra Age Rosé Brut NV, Hattingley Valley Blanc de Noirs 2015
Reds: Château de Fieuzal Pessac-Leognan 2011, La Follette Los Primeros Pinot Noir 2017 (Califorina, USA), Tenuta di Renieri Chianti Classico 2015, Marco Zunino Reserve Malbec 2017 (Mendoza, Argentina).
Whites: Jean-Marc Brocard Chablis 1er Cru Fourchaume 2015, Goldwater Sauvignon Blanc Wairau Valley 2015 (Marlborough, NZ), Weingut Malat Crazy Creatures Grüner Veltliner 2017 (Kremstal, Austria), Mar de Frades Albariño Atlantico 2018 (Rias Baixas, Spain).
Dessert/Port: Giesen “The Brothers” Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc 2013 (NZ), Warre’s Colheita Port 2009

Galleries First T5:
Duval LeRoy 2006

Club World:

Club Europe:
Champagne de Castelnau

Print Wikipost

The BA Champagne & Wine thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Just to update, the Henriot (2009) is now available from the bar nearest the terrace so apparently not a permanent change.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
A very fine selection of all French white wines in GF T3 today.

Au Pied du Mont Chauve Chassagne Montrachet En Piemont 2013
Domaine Jean Defaix Chablis Premier Cru Les Vaillons 2013
Bouchard Pere et Fils Mersault Les Clos Cote de Beaune 2015
Old Jul 23, 2017, 6:24 am

Programs: Cunard WorldClub-Gold,Silverseas Venetian society,Alitalia Mille miglia,SPG,Fairmont,IHG.
Wink

We did a tour of Bolney recently- the fizz and white are fab, but the red left a lot to be desired. Bought a few cases of fizz n white to stock the wine cellar .
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:04 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by no longer atc
We did a tour of Bolney recently- the fizz and white are fab, but the red left a lot to be desired. Bought a few cases of fizz n white to stock the wine cellar .
I'm flying BA F next week (due to the QR embargo) and am looking forward to more Bolney. I actually prefer it to the LPGS. Can't find it for the life of me over here tho!
Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Any recent reports of what the champagne is in GF please? Still Henriot?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Any recent reports of what the champagne is in GF please? Still Henriot?
Henriot right now.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Is there any consistency on the temperature that wine is served at on-board? I've just done a LGW-FAO-LCY trip, and they seemed to get it wrong both times. On the outbound the red wine was rather cold, and on the return the champagne was warm, such that the CSM put an ice cube in the glass (unprompted, so it seems this is standard operating procedure...).

Is everything in a fridge on the A320s, but nothing in the fridge on an E190? If there's a pattern, it would be good to collectively work it out and then I can choose my wine colour accordingly...
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by FallOfTheWall
Just to update, the Henriot (2009) is now available from the bar nearest the terrace so apparently not a permanent change.
Does anyone know what kind of champagne, if any, is on offer in World Traveller Plus? Have a round-trip USA-LHR flight coming up and was wondering if I could expect champagne onboard.

I also really would like to try a Kir Royale, as I have never had one before. Is that on offer in the WT+ cabin, or will the crew redirect me to order something else?

Thanks
Old Sep 8, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Does anyone know what kind of champagne, if any, is on offer in World Traveller Plus? Have a round-trip USA-LHR flight coming up and was wondering if I could expect champagne onboard.

I also really would like to try a Kir Royale, as I have never had one before. Is that on offer in the WT+ cabin, or will the crew redirect me to order something else?

Thanks
You may get a sparkling wine pre-takeoff in WT+, more likely when coming from LHR, Kir Royale is in first class only I believe.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by jday
You may get a sparkling wine pre-takeoff in WT+, more likely when coming from LHR, Kir Royale is in first class only I believe.
Thanks for your reply! Looks like the forecast shows some G&Ts, then.
Bummer about the Kir Royale. If only they had them in the T5 GF lounge.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Originally Posted by jday
No problem getting Kir in either F or J.

I have no experience with WT+
Old Sep 9, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Is the chateau batailley still in the CCR?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Oh dear, what is BA coming to? Was just in the SIN lounge and there was no JW Blue, only Black (at least as far as I could see). When I was there a few months ago the Blue was freely available.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 2:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Grace B
Oh dear, what is BA coming to? Was just in the SIN lounge and there was no JW Blue, only Black (at least as far as I could see). When I was there a few months ago the Blue was freely available.
The Blue is usually found in the Concorde Bar.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 2:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The Blue is usually found in the Concorde Bar.
Yes, I can quite believe that, but I was just a little disappointed given my previous experience. Oh well, I'll have to wait for the next time at Heathrow or Gatwick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.