Wiki Posts
Search

Tier Points now earned on Aer Lingus

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2024, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
Tier Points now earned on Aer Lingus

Could it be that Aer Lingus flights now earn tier points or is this a glitch?

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-avios/flights

Old Apr 2, 2024, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Tier Credits now earned on Aer Lingus

Since 01 April 2024, Tier Points can now be earned on Aer LIngus.

(Similarly, Aer Club Tier Credits can now also be earned on BA: Tier Credit earning now possible on BA issued tickets)
Attached Images  
TheRealBabushka likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
That opens up some new TP runs, it's been a long time coming 🎉
Old Apr 2, 2024, 11:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Is this about BA flights being eligible for the EI program?

Or is it also saying BAEC can credit from EI flights?

Edit i see it now on the ba site, sorry
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:24 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This is definitely new and also significant: BAEC Flight Calculator has changed and there was no way the following was possible before, being an Emerald route. However, note that the lower fare buckets on Aer Lingus are still a big fat zero for both Avios and TPs.

Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Fantastic! What are the sweet spots for EI TP runs?
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:55 pm

Looks like it’s only earning in J, C and D for business class. Would you earn tier points on a BA coded I class?
LilZeppelin likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by spanishflea
Looks like it’s only earning in J, C and D for business class. Would you earn tier points on a BA coded I class?
Something is wrong with their calculator. I believe that this should be the correct table:

Tier Points aren't (yet) mentioned there. But I'd expect the usual 40 / 140 for Business I class
LilZeppelin likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I have several upcoming bookings in Aer Lingus's faux short-haul business class AerSpace and these are booking into I, which is no TPs at all.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by delpiero223
Tier Points aren't (yet) mentioned there. But I'd expect the usual 40 / 140 for Business I class
But they are mentioned at https://www.britishairways.com/trave...r/public/en_gb and that says the earning classes are JCDYMNLSRW.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by stifle
But they are mentioned at https://www.britishairways.com/trave...r/public/en_gb and that says the earning classes are JCDYMNLSRW.
I think delpiero223 might be right. The calculator seems to be using the Fare Basis codes for flights prior to October 2023. EI rejigged their fare codes after they entered the oneworld JV. I suspect that the calculator will be updated to reflect the Avios award table from 1 February 2024 in the coming days/weeks/months. D,R and I as "Business Lowest" makes sense, these are the fares that AerSpace books into, for example.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by stifle
Yeah, but the calculator's tier points don't add up with the avios table. Looks like the calculator is based on the earning til Sept. 2023 (however showing 50% avios instead of 25% for cheapest Economy). Doesn't make sense to exclude I class from earning anything.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Not sure I trust Aer Lingus to credit things correctly where Avios are concerned, at least if their own program is anything to go by: they shorted me miles from a UA trip which should have earned 50% but only posted as 25%. I adduced proof but they claimed I was wrong. Actually they had subsequently changed the earning table (after my travel date) and I couldn’t get anyone to answer my email response. It was a few Avios anyway but the principle annoyed me.
testycal likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BrianDromey
I think delpiero223 might be right. The calculator seems to be using the Fare Basis codes for flights prior to October 2023. EI rejigged their fare codes after they entered the oneworld JV. I suspect that the calculator will be updated to reflect the Avios award table from 1 February 2024 in the coming days/weeks/months. D,R and I as "Business Lowest" makes sense, these are the fares that AerSpace books into, for example.
well might be or might not be. Been there, done that on the infamous CX « obviously mistaken » new business bucket which remained uncredited for years. Ultimately, the website page is what counts, absurd or not, and unless and until it changes, I’m afraid we have to assume I, r and others just won’t credit tps with an EI flight code.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Excellent! Opens up my alternate option of Southampton - Belfast again! When the route first opened you could book on ba.com, for the past 9 months, maybe longer not been an option. (no idea why the code share was pulled).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.