Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RichieMc
First Cabin:
Champagne: LPGS, Jacquart Rosé Mosaïque NV, Bolney Estate Vintage Blanc de Blancs

Reds: Chateau Cantemerle 2008 Cru Classe Haut Medoc. 2014 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir. Geol 2014 Bodegas Tomas Cusine Costers, Spain. Ch teau Rouget 2008 Pomerol, Sileni Estate The Plateau Pinot Noir 2014. Acústic Celler Ritme 2014

Whites: 2014 Meursault Bouchard Pere et Fils. Cheninsolite 2014 Anjou Blanc (sweet). 2015 Pinot Gris, Oregon USA. Saint-Aubin Premier Cru La Chateniere 2014. Pouilly-Fumé 2015, Domaine des Cassiers. Tellurian Heathcote Fiano 2015

CCR (updated May 2022) :

Champagne: LPGS, Lanson Extra Age Rosé Brut NV, Hattingley Valley Blanc de Noirs 2015
Reds: Château de Fieuzal Pessac-Leognan 2011, La Follette Los Primeros Pinot Noir 2017 (Califorina, USA), Tenuta di Renieri Chianti Classico 2015, Marco Zunino Reserve Malbec 2017 (Mendoza, Argentina).
Whites: Jean-Marc Brocard Chablis 1er Cru Fourchaume 2015, Goldwater Sauvignon Blanc Wairau Valley 2015 (Marlborough, NZ), Weingut Malat Crazy Creatures Grüner Veltliner 2017 (Kremstal, Austria), Mar de Frades Albariño Atlantico 2018 (Rias Baixas, Spain).
Dessert/Port: Giesen “The Brothers” Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc 2013 (NZ), Warre’s Colheita Port 2009

Galleries First T5:
Duval LeRoy 2006

Club World:

Club Europe:
Champagne de Castelnau

Print Wikipost

The BA Champagne & Wine thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Flying LAX-LHR in CW at the end of the year for the first time. I believe the bubble choices will be Henriot and Castlenau. Is one favored over the other? The drier the better for me.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
Flying LAX-LHR in CW at the end of the year for the first time. I believe the bubble choices will be Henriot and Castlenau. Is one favored over the other? The drier the better for me.
Henriot is OK, Castelnau is vile - if the former is unavailable then stay off the bubbles!
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by badoc
Henriot is OK, Castelnau is vile - if the former is unavailable then stay off the bubbles!
Have to agree, Castelnau isn't exactly spectacular on the ground but drinkable, something about being in the air makes it taste horrendous to me - I've given up even trying to drink it on flights as it genuinely makes me feel slightly ill.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:50 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Thank you.Henroit it is then. I'm thinking that asking for an advance glass of LPGS from the return flight in First isn't going to go down too well! Any decent bubbles to be had at the one world lounge in LAX on the way out to get my fill of bubbles prior to the flight instead?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Slim pickings in LHR T5 GF today. Henroit vintage replaced by NV and reds very disappointing. No Bordeaux or Burgundy. A reasonable St Aubin and Montagny in the white selection rescued the day.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Granted, my visits to T5 GF/CCR are no longer weekly hence cannot make a judgement based on consistent sampling. However, on the occassions I drop by, GF is a sad state and even CCR last month wasn't very exciting.
Suppose we just have to keep stocking quality stuff at home instead!
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:37 pm

Can we have a 2018 thread?

Palmer
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Palmer

Palmer
The fact that there isn’t one probably tells it own story.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by Palmer

Palmer
Create a new Thread ... Simples
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Charles Smith's Velvet Devil Merlot here in the Terraces at SEA.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Originally Posted by Petrus
Granted, my visits to T5 GF/CCR are no longer weekly hence cannot make a judgement based on consistent sampling. However, on the occassions I drop by, GF is a sad state and even CCR last month wasn't very exciting.
Suppose we just have to keep stocking quality stuff at home instead!
Very true! There was a lovely 2008 classified growth in LGW GF a couple of weeks ago which I enjoyed (cannot recall the Chateau), but certainly LHR T5 GF was bereft of any old world reds on Saturday. Hopefully tomorrow it will be a different story as I have a couple of hours to while away.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:11 pm
CTV

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL
Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
Very true! There was a lovely 2008 classified growth in LGW GF a couple of weeks ago which I enjoyed (cannot recall the Chateau), but certainly LHR T5 GF was bereft of any old world reds on Saturday. Hopefully tomorrow it will be a different story as I have a couple of hours to while away.
I haven't seen a 2008 of anything recently but I've had a Chateau Lynch-Moussas Pauillac Grand Cru Classe 2009 which I also had in First to and from the US the other week. The other one in February which I preferred was a Chateau Lagrange Saint-Julien Grand Cru Classe 2011.
Both wonderful to see in the LGW GF ^
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:51 am

Anyone know which one is served as the pre-departure champagne?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg

I just ask the FA which Champagne is being used. If is the Castlenau I refuse and wait until we are airborne. Occasionally they have opened the LPGS whilst we are at the gate in which case I am happy to have a drink.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg

Originally Posted by twincheeks

I just ask the FA which Champagne is being used. If is the Castlenau I refuse and wait until we are airborne. Occasionally they have opened the LPGS whilst we are at the gate in which case I am happy to have a drink.
departed in F on BA31 to HKG yesterday and LPGS served as PDB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.