Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RichieMc
First Cabin:
Champagne: LPGS, Jacquart Rosé Mosaďque NV, Bolney Estate Vintage Blanc de Blancs

Reds: Chateau Cantemerle 2008 Cru Classe Haut Medoc. 2014 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir. Geol 2014 Bodegas Tomas Cusine Costers, Spain. Ch teau Rouget 2008 Pomerol, Sileni Estate The Plateau Pinot Noir 2014. Acústic Celler Ritme 2014

Whites: 2014 Meursault Bouchard Pere et Fils. Cheninsolite 2014 Anjou Blanc (sweet). 2015 Pinot Gris, Oregon USA. Saint-Aubin Premier Cru La Chateniere 2014. Pouilly-Fumé 2015, Domaine des Cassiers. Tellurian Heathcote Fiano 2015

CCR (updated May 2022) :

Champagne: LPGS, Lanson Extra Age Rosé Brut NV, Hattingley Valley Blanc de Noirs 2015
Reds: Château de Fieuzal Pessac-Leognan 2011, La Follette Los Primeros Pinot Noir 2017 (Califorina, USA), Tenuta di Renieri Chianti Classico 2015, Marco Zunino Reserve Malbec 2017 (Mendoza, Argentina).
Whites: Jean-Marc Brocard Chablis 1er Cru Fourchaume 2015, Goldwater Sauvignon Blanc Wairau Valley 2015 (Marlborough, NZ), Weingut Malat Crazy Creatures Grüner Veltliner 2017 (Kremstal, Austria), Mar de Frades Albarińo Atlantico 2018 (Rias Baixas, Spain).
Dessert/Port: Giesen “The Brothers” Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc 2013 (NZ), Warre’s Colheita Port 2009

Galleries First T5:
Duval LeRoy 2006

Club World:

Club Europe:
Champagne de Castelnau

Print Wikipost

The BA Champagne & Wine thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:03 am
Original Poster

So had a few visits recently and have never ever during my frequent 9 year visits to Galleries First seen such an underwhelming selection.

Apparently now the Champagne is a 15quid bottle Marion-Bossard and no Rose to be seen....

Bravo Alex Cruz. Bravo.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Petrus
So had a few visits recently and have never ever during my frequent 9 year visits to Galleries First seen such an underwhelming selection.

Apparently now the Champagne is a 15quid bottle Marion-Bossard and no Rose to be seen....

Bravo Alex Cruz. Bravo.
Have been in FLounge for past few hours, and can confirm that there's still Henriot and Henriot Rose in the Champagne Bar. But have noted that near food/restaurant section it's Marion-Bosser on free-pour...

Maybe they're running low on Henriot. Or maybe they're hiding the good (well, better) stuff in the corner for willing adventurers!
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Gatwick FLounge was fully stocked with Henriot and Henriot Rose at opening this morning, Blue Label also in presence..
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Henriot 2009 and Henriot Rose in T5 GF this morning (along with plenty of JW Blue if that is your thing). Wines a bit underwhelming apart from the Chateau Olivier 2009 which is lovely if a little warm due to the temperature of the lounge itself
Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, OWE
I've seen several pictures from travellers in BA F, with a glass and a bottle of LPGS. Do they:

A) Get and drink the whole bottle? (Cool, if so, definitely doing that in later this year.)
B) Ask for the FA to lend the bottle for a picture? (Douchey... Won't be doing that.)

Last edited by The_Director; Jun 24, 2017 at 11:05 am
Old Jun 24, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by The_Director
I've seen several pictures from travellers in BA F, with a glass and a bottle of LPGS. Do they:

A) Get and drink the whole bottle? (Cool, if so, definitely doing that in later this year.)
B) Ask for the FA to lend the bottle for a picture? (Douchey... Won't be doing that.)
Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Quite a selection in T5 GF tonight: Duval Leroy 2006, Tattinger 2008, pink and white Henriot. Not bad at all!
Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Flew from Gatters today and in Flounge there was a bottle of dessert wine again for self pour (Schilfmandl Muskat Ottonel). I had a snifter with my zucchini cake. Wonder if it's always available. In T5 I've only seen pud wine in CCR.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by MrsW
Flew from Gatters today and in Flounge there was a bottle of dessert wine again for self pour (Schilfmandl Muskat Ottonel). I had a snifter with my zucchini cake. Wonder if it's always available. In T5 I've only seen pud wine in CCR.
No I have not seen dessert wine in the GF in T3 or T5 Heathers.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Today's selection at T5 GF is Marion-Bosser and Henriot Rose in both locations.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by FallOfTheWall
Today's selection at T5 GF is Marion-Bosser and Henriot Rose in both locations.
Yup, I'm here as well and have searched but failed
Only Ł15 champagne available.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Lobengula
Yup, I'm here as well and have searched but failed
Only Ł15 champagne available.
I've not seen that label, is it a new vineyard?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: BA Gold; Marriott Gold ; Hilton Gold
Disappointing to hear of the downgrade or lack of available champagne that has been reported recently. I will be in the CCR at LHR tomorrow for several hours, anyone know what they have currently other than LPGS? Would like to break into some of that Duval-Leroy Millesime if available.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by LasVegasBuck
Disappointing to hear of the downgrade or lack of available champagne that has been reported recently. I will be in the CCR at LHR tomorrow for several hours, anyone know what they have currently other than LPGS? Would like to break into some of that Duval-Leroy Millesime if available.
I've never seen that in the CCR. If it makes an appearance in the Flounge, the staff will bring a bottle through.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA, DL, AF
Red face

Originally Posted by travelwithross
Well, the bubbles in First have changed:

LPGS is still there, but they now have:

Bolney Estate Vintage Blanc de Blancs (English Sparkling Wine)
and
Jacquart Rose Mosaique NV

I tried the Bolney last week, and it was smashing. Very effervescent and foamy on the first few sips, but it then settles down. Reminded me very much of Aldi's Veuve Monsigny (which i suppose is a good review for an English Sparkling Wine!). About time British Airways have a British Wine on the menu.

The Rose on the other hand was rank.
I really enjoyed the Bolney, much more than the LPGS. Does this make me a barbarian? Fine then

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.