The BA Champagne & Wine thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 23, 18, 12:26 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Wiki Link
First Cabin:
Bubbles: LPGS, Jacquart Rosé Mosaïque NV, Bolney Estate Vintage Blanc de Blancs

Reds: Chateau Cantemerle 2008 Cru Classe Haut Medoc. 2014 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir. Geol 2014 Bodegas Tomas Cusine Costers, Spain. Ch teau Rouget 2008 Pomerol, Sileni Estate The Plateau Pinot Noir 2014. Acústic Celler Ritme 2014

Whites: 2014 Meursault Bouchard Pere et Fils. Cheninsolite 2014 Anjou Blanc (sweet). 2015 Pinot Gris, Oregon USA. Saint-Aubin Premier Cru La Chateniere 2014. Pouilly-Fumé 2015, Domaine des Cassiers. Tellurian Heathcote Fiano 2015

CCR:

Bubbles: LPGS
Reds: 2009 Chateau Olivier, Pessac-Leognan; 2014 Shannon Rockview Ridge; 2014 REX HILL Willamette Valley
Whites: 2013 La Chablisienne Chablis 1er Cru Vaulorent; 2015 Paul Culver Elgin; 2015 Fox Gordon Princess Fiano

Galleries First T5:
Duval LeRoy 2006

Club World:

Club Europe:
Champagne de Castelnau
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Jun 15, 17, 9:03 am
  #46  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: in a cabin
Posts: 6,090
So had a few visits recently and have never ever during my frequent 9 year visits to Galleries First seen such an underwhelming selection.

Apparently now the Champagne is a 15quid bottle Marion-Bossard and no Rose to be seen....

Bravo Alex Cruz. Bravo.
Petrus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 17, 9:57 am
  #47  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: ABZ
Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 77
Originally Posted by Petrus View Post
So had a few visits recently and have never ever during my frequent 9 year visits to Galleries First seen such an underwhelming selection.

Apparently now the Champagne is a 15quid bottle Marion-Bossard and no Rose to be seen....

Bravo Alex Cruz. Bravo.
Have been in FLounge for past few hours, and can confirm that there's still Henriot and Henriot Rose in the Champagne Bar. But have noted that near food/restaurant section it's Marion-Bosser on free-pour...

Maybe they're running low on Henriot. Or maybe they're hiding the good (well, better) stuff in the corner for willing adventurers!
RandomStan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 17, 10:01 am
  #48  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Posts: 571
Gatwick FLounge was fully stocked with Henriot and Henriot Rose at opening this morning, Blue Label also in presence..
essexadventurer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 17, 3:44 am
  #49  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yorkshire
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 36
Henriot 2009 and Henriot Rose in T5 GF this morning (along with plenty of JW Blue if that is your thing). Wines a bit underwhelming apart from the Chateau Olivier 2009 which is lovely if a little warm due to the temperature of the lounge itself
Blenheim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 17, 10:54 am
  #50  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: HEL
Programs: AY+ Plat, OWE
Posts: 132
I've seen several pictures from travellers in BA F, with a glass and a bottle of LPGS. Do they:

A) Get and drink the whole bottle? (Cool, if so, definitely doing that in later this year.)
B) Ask for the FA to lend the bottle for a picture? (Douchey... Won't be doing that.)

Last edited by The_Director; Jun 24, 17 at 11:05 am
The_Director is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 17, 1:55 pm
  #51  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yorkshire
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 36
Originally Posted by The_Director View Post
I've seen several pictures from travellers in BA F, with a glass and a bottle of LPGS. Do they:

A) Get and drink the whole bottle? (Cool, if so, definitely doing that in later this year.)
B) Ask for the FA to lend the bottle for a picture? (Douchey... Won't be doing that.)
Blenheim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 17, 1:20 pm
  #52  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 216
Quite a selection in T5 GF tonight: Duval Leroy 2006, Tattinger 2008, pink and white Henriot. Not bad at all!
icebird is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 17, 1:34 pm
  #53  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Posts: 333
Flew from Gatters today and in Flounge there was a bottle of dessert wine again for self pour (Schilfmandl Muskat Ottonel). I had a snifter with my zucchini cake. Wonder if it's always available. In T5 I've only seen pud wine in CCR.
MrsW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 17, 3:30 pm
  #54  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: London
Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 6,613
Originally Posted by MrsW View Post
Flew from Gatters today and in Flounge there was a bottle of dessert wine again for self pour (Schilfmandl Muskat Ottonel). I had a snifter with my zucchini cake. Wonder if it's always available. In T5 I've only seen pud wine in CCR.
No I have not seen dessert wine in the GF in T3 or T5 Heathers.
TravellerFrequently is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 17, 4:41 am
  #55  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 98
Today's selection at T5 GF is Marion-Bosser and Henriot Rose in both locations.
FallOfTheWall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 17, 4:46 am
  #56  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ARN
Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Posts: 3,585
Originally Posted by FallOfTheWall View Post
Today's selection at T5 GF is Marion-Bosser and Henriot Rose in both locations.
Yup, I'm here as well and have searched but failed
Only £15 champagne available.
Lobengula is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 17, 5:49 am
  #57  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 12,088
Originally Posted by Lobengula View Post
Yup, I'm here as well and have searched but failed
Only £15 champagne available.
I've not seen that label, is it a new vineyard?
Tobias-UK is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 17, 7:09 am
  #58  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Seattle
Programs: Alaska MVPG ; Marriott Plat ; Hilton Gold ; BA Bronze
Posts: 33
Disappointing to hear of the downgrade or lack of available champagne that has been reported recently. I will be in the CCR at LHR tomorrow for several hours, anyone know what they have currently other than LPGS? Would like to break into some of that Duval-Leroy Millesime if available.
LasVegasBuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 17, 7:12 am
  #59  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 12,088
Originally Posted by LasVegasBuck View Post
Disappointing to hear of the downgrade or lack of available champagne that has been reported recently. I will be in the CCR at LHR tomorrow for several hours, anyone know what they have currently other than LPGS? Would like to break into some of that Duval-Leroy Millesime if available.
I've never seen that in the CCR. If it makes an appearance in the Flounge, the staff will bring a bottle through.
Tobias-UK is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 17, 7:44 am
  #60  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Boston
Programs: BA Silver, AA, DL, AF
Posts: 54
Red face

Originally Posted by travelwithross View Post
Well, the bubbles in First have changed:

LPGS is still there, but they now have:

Bolney Estate Vintage Blanc de Blancs (English Sparkling Wine)
and
Jacquart Rose Mosaique NV

I tried the Bolney last week, and it was smashing. Very effervescent and foamy on the first few sips, but it then settles down. Reminded me very much of Aldi's Veuve Monsigny (which i suppose is a good review for an English Sparkling Wine!). About time British Airways have a British Wine on the menu.

The Rose on the other hand was rank.
I really enjoyed the Bolney, much more than the LPGS. Does this make me a barbarian? Fine then
BostonRobin is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread