Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RichieMc
First Cabin:
Champagne: LPGS, Jacquart Rosé Mosaïque NV, Bolney Estate Vintage Blanc de Blancs

Reds: Chateau Cantemerle 2008 Cru Classe Haut Medoc. 2014 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir. Geol 2014 Bodegas Tomas Cusine Costers, Spain. Ch teau Rouget 2008 Pomerol, Sileni Estate The Plateau Pinot Noir 2014. Acústic Celler Ritme 2014

Whites: 2014 Meursault Bouchard Pere et Fils. Cheninsolite 2014 Anjou Blanc (sweet). 2015 Pinot Gris, Oregon USA. Saint-Aubin Premier Cru La Chateniere 2014. Pouilly-Fumé 2015, Domaine des Cassiers. Tellurian Heathcote Fiano 2015

CCR (updated May 2022) :

Champagne: LPGS, Lanson Extra Age Rosé Brut NV, Hattingley Valley Blanc de Noirs 2015
Reds: Château de Fieuzal Pessac-Leognan 2011, La Follette Los Primeros Pinot Noir 2017 (Califorina, USA), Tenuta di Renieri Chianti Classico 2015, Marco Zunino Reserve Malbec 2017 (Mendoza, Argentina).
Whites: Jean-Marc Brocard Chablis 1er Cru Fourchaume 2015, Goldwater Sauvignon Blanc Wairau Valley 2015 (Marlborough, NZ), Weingut Malat Crazy Creatures Grüner Veltliner 2017 (Kremstal, Austria), Mar de Frades Albariño Atlantico 2018 (Rias Baixas, Spain).
Dessert/Port: Giesen “The Brothers” Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc 2013 (NZ), Warre’s Colheita Port 2009

Galleries First T5:
Duval LeRoy 2006

Club World:

Club Europe:
Champagne de Castelnau

Print Wikipost

The BA Champagne & Wine thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Is a CX post allowed here?

George vesselle 2012 champagne in CX t3 right now. Very broad nose and interesting alternative .
Old May 4, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
yippee - rosé

If anyone likes a glass of rosé without bubbles, then head to the Flounge. My late hubby used to tell me I was the only person he knew that liked rosé, so this may not be relevant to most. There is a pop up promoting a Sky TV series called Riviera. The guest wine alongside is Whispering Angel. They serve this brand of rosé at The Ivy, if anyone uses that chain. It's going down well in the sunshine.
orbitmic, greg5 and twincheeks like this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
I'm in rosé heaven. The Rioja pop up has returned to the Flounge.

Chin chin
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by MrsW
I'm in rosé heaven. The Rioja pop up has returned to the Flounge.

Chin chin
Not being much of a Rosé wine enthusiast, although even if I was, I would hesitate drinking a wine with a name translating into 'Hibernation'
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I enjoy the Whispering Angel a lot though I mildly resent the fuss that has come around that wine since the Americans suddenly discovered it a few years ago!

Incidentally, the Chateau d'Esclans is in one of the prettiest wine areas there are, near the lovely Gorges de Pennafort.

If it were my choice, BA would have stuck to this and some other lovely Provence and Bandol roses rather than some of the wines in the other photo and which I also saw when passing through the lounge yesterday.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I enjoy the Whispering Angel a lot though I mildly resent the fuss that has come around that wine since the Americans suddenly discovered it a few years ago!

Incidentally, the Chateau d'Esclans is in one of the prettiest wine areas there are, near the lovely Gorges de Pennafort.

If it were my choice, BA would have stuck to this and some other lovely Provence and Bandol roses rather than some of the wines in the other photo and which I also saw when passing through the lounge yesterday.
I’m not sure why you’d only want wine from one corner of France?

Im not really a rosé drinker but if the Bodegas Muga is anything like their red wines it will be worth a try.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
I’m not sure why you’d only want wine from one corner of France?
I don’t want wine from just one corner of France, first it’s only roses, second it’s not all Provence roses, and third i don’t mind that they serve roses from anywhere else alongside them. But that’s where all of the best roses I’ve tried are produced and I would prefer one or other of them to continue being offered.

That said i have no interest in imposing my preferences to ba or to others anyway. It remains my preference nonetheless.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
As of the beginning of July BA are to serve a new English sparkling wine by the Hattingley Valley winery in Hampshire. It will be a 2015 Blanc de Noirs that will be served both in the Concorde Room and in the First cabin.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...oom-and-first/

Has anyone had any experience of trying any of Hattingley's stuff before?
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:27 am

Chill

I suspect I can’t claim to be the most frequent flier... but is it just me... or do BA consistently fail to properly chill their champagne in both Club World and Club Europe. Other airlines (Delta, United, American) do a much better job of serving ice cold bubbles. WHY!??
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:40 am

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
What is the current Club World champagne?
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by sdmr
I suspect I can’t claim to be the most frequent flier... but is it just me... or do BA consistently fail to properly chill their champagne in both Club World and Club Europe. Other airlines (Delta, United, American) do a much better job of serving ice cold bubbles. WHY!??
I had never to complain.. I do like champagne not too ice cold though as I would like to taste the grape more... And I do have to say. I totally enjoy castelneau
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by sdmr
Not just you. Flat, too warm champagne - served before pushback - happens too frequently in CW for my liking. I have never had to complain about this on another airline. It's a British Airways' speciality.
gordon0808 likes this.

Last edited by AnaTravel; Jul 5, 2019 at 5:53 am
Old Jul 5, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Well the whole continent moan about Brits drinking warm beer, BA are just keep the tradition going
Old Jul 16, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: * Gold, BA Gold
Gallery First T5 has Canard Duchêne Grande Cuvée Charles 7. Price in french supermakets between 20€ and 25€
Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alta, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by FCO36
Gallery First T5 has Canard Duchêne Grande Cuvée Charles 7. Price in french supermakets between 20€ and 25€
... And the Concorde Room..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.