Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Toronto Galleries: What are the current opening hours?

Old Feb 9, 17, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum

Anyone know if the opening time @YYZ has moved earlier now the flight leaves at 18:00. Opening at 15:30 seems a little late if the flight leaves then?
Old Feb 9, 17, 12:32 pm

Programs: The 4am BP pitstop club
Originally Posted by danboy767 View Post
Anyone know if the opening time @YYZ has moved earlier now the flight leaves at 18:00. Opening at 15:30 seems a little late if the flight leaves then?
Trust me, 2 hours is plenty of time in the YYZ lounges. Also depending on what day of the week you are traveling it may be open earlier for the afternoon CX flight to HKG.
Old Feb 9, 17, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
Smile

Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Trust me, 2 hours is plenty of time in the YYZ lounges.
Its either a longer time there or more time sat in an empty meeting room. Ill take the lounge over that thanks
Old Feb 9, 17, 12:41 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Gold
I don't actually know any of the latest YYZ opening times, but I presume if the BA lounge option is not immediately open on arrival you should be ok to use the Plaza Premium lounge IIRC; better than an empty meeting room too
Old Feb 9, 17, 7:10 pm

Programs: VIPorter First, BA GGL, DL Plat, Golden Circle Elite
The plaza premium lounge is a sad place. Poor drink options, poor food options and poor atmosphere. If you're in Toronto, better off hitting a downtown bar for a few drinks before heading to the airport.

While the YYZ galleries F is fine, 2+ hours would be a bit of overkill for such a small place.
Old Feb 10, 17, 1:36 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC nobody (thankfully)
The only benefit the Plaza Premium lounge has is the shower, and I also love their noodle soup with dumplings. YYZ BA lounges open around 2 hours before departure of first flight. Internet connection very patchy in the F lounge, drinks a tad better. Grab one of the very private seats in Club lounge that overlook the tarmac. Great place to work, relax and make a phone call with decent privacy.
Old Feb 10, 17, 5:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
90% sure I was in there a little after 3pm the other week, and I was far from the first in
Old Feb 10, 17, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
yeah i normally get in just after 3 pm, normally first in
Old Feb 23, 17, 5:41 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Gold
The first flight out is the BA99 currently timed at 18:30 for departure. Check-in and bag drop sould open at 15:30, but lately opens slightly earlier.

The lounge opens at the same time;5:30.

Search this Thread