Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA to fly from BHX and BRS.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Excellent news! Both BRS and BHX within an hour away... Seems to be weekend only flights from when I looked in May, so makes sense to get to use the E190s, rather than parking them at LCY. Looking forward to trying out!
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by LondonCanuck
Excellent news! Both BRS and BHX within an hour away... Seems to be weekend only flights from when I looked in May, so makes sense to get to use the E190s, rather than parking them at LCY. Looking forward to trying out!
From the headline I had impressions of a fleet of 787's parked on the tarmac at Bristol ready to fly to all manner of exotic locations.

4 flights to Spain at the weekend is a start, but hopefully there will be more to come.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:32 am

Lets see this for what it is.. a shuffling of aircraft otherwise sat on the ground. Nothing to do with Oneworld/ QR integration at BHX. Its a logistical nightmare I would expect with a high risk of delays. Good luck to the operation but Ill be interested to see if it returns in the same format the following year..
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Just booked a 1-way BHX-FLR for Ł67 in June (HBO was Ł52) which I'm happy with despite the poor flight timing.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue
Just noticed on the BA flight info, when searching for flights. And BA seem to still be living in the past, BHX no longer has two seperate terminals, they integrated the International Pier and the EuroHub a while ago... I hope it won't cause confusion to some people

Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by cattp
Just noticed on the BA flight info, when searching for flights. And BA seem to still be living in the past, BHX no longer has two seperate terminals, they integrated the International Pier and the EuroHub a while ago... I hope it won't cause confusion to some people

Interesting, because the original note says it's on E190s which have far better seat pitch. Also, if BA's check in desks are going to be located in the old T2, it really is a special sort of tensa-barrier hell down there, especially on summer weekends.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:25 am

Florence is the E170, others E190
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:45 am

Looks like reward availability is 4ET and 2CE available on each flight. However BHX and BRS aren't listed as departure points on the Reward Flight Finder tool on the app so have to use the Standard search.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: BA, Virgin, Lufthansa
Originally Posted by LondonCanuck
Yes, it is good news…

I live a bit south of you (M5 jn 13) Heathrow isn't much further away bit more hassle…
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AMEX Plat and all that comes with it.
No one has mentioned lounges yet?

I wonder which.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by FLT001
No one has mentioned lounges yet?

I wonder which.
BHX has two PP lounges, one of which is the likely status lounge for BA.

QR flights tend to go from the No 1 lounge, nicer food, bar service from a lesser spotted server. Expect to be standing staring into space wasting vital drinking time before your flight.

I tend to prefer the Aspire lounge, which has food from the bin scraping variety but self pour booze to make you at least think you're somewhere else.

There's an Emirates lounge too, never been in it, always find it weird there's always an Emirates lounge, even in places that I really thought Emirates wouldn't fly from, like Gatwick. They definitely fly from BHX though...
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
Originally Posted by MHendo84
LCY-BRS would be extremely convenient for me!
And it would probably still be cheaper than worst late western
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:59 am

That's good news.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by ian001
One point of note is that BHX and BRS are both owned in whole or in part by the Ontario Teachers Fund so like MAN and STN announcements seem to be made by common airport owner.
Who also own a lot of the consortium in LCY
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold, Herts Pres Circle
Originally Posted by leaveamessage
And it would probably still be cheaper than worst late western
and less crowded!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.