Wiki Posts
Search

Group booking

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 1:43 am
09R
Original Poster

Group booking

I need to make a group booking for a big family trip. Is this typically best done through BA or are there travel agents who can get better deals for groups?

thanks
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
How many people? I booked 8 last week on BA website, straight forward and we all get free seat choice through my status. I would always use BA direct where possible
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
A formal group booking via BA 10+ in economy (less in WTP and J and F) gives several advantages such as not having to supply names until 2 weeks to departure (handy if uncle Fred can no longer go and young Steve wants to bring his boy/girlfriend using Freds place) and being able to pay a deposit and the balance later.

you can also ask them for a quote so no commitment on your part

BA group travel
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:37 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
One thing BA are great at. Once went with a large party with Flyanscare and they needed all money up front. Then after one person dropped out and another joined the group it was something like £70 to change the name.

Tried BA next time and the seats were blocked, deposits paid, any changes were free before the cut off date and outstanding was paid 3 weeks before dep. Not only that - was a LGW dep,- we had a bus to ourselves to the plane and they seated our group before the next bus brought the other pax. Outstanding service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.