Wiki Posts
Search

Flying EI as a BAEC Silver

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Amex Bonvoy, Chase BA
Flying EI as a BAEC Silver

Flying MCO-DUB-GLA-DUB-MCO with EI as a last minute trip. Booking is direct with EI and I know that as they are not Oneworld members yet the BAEC Silver is not really of much use other than getting a few Avios, but has anyone had any tips on items that may ease the trip. Anyone had any luck with lounge access in Dublin (also have Priority Pass).
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
No lounge access with BA Silver unless you are flying to London. Also no guests. They are very tight with it too so I wouldn't waste time trying as the lounge is out of the way.

Different story if you are flying in J of course which you haven't mentioned.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Actually in this scenario the passenger would have DUB lounge access on DUB-MCO under the reciprocal agreement which pre-dates IAG's ownership of Aer Lingus. Nowhere else, as far as I can make out. As to how to improve the trip, if it's windy to or from GLA, go by train and ship! Apart perhaps from Cork-Scotland, it's one of the rockiest rides around.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BHDATC
No lounge access with BA Silver unless you are flying to London. Also no guests. They are very tight with it too so I wouldn't waste time trying as the lounge is out of the way.

Different story if you are flying in J of course which you haven't mentioned.
Thanks. Not flying J on this trip so either Priority Pass lounge or will head into Dublin.

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Actually in this scenario the passenger would have DUB lounge access on DUB-MCO under the reciprocal agreement which pre-dates IAG's ownership of Aer Lingus. Nowhere else, as far as I can make out. As to how to improve the trip, if it's windy to or from GLA, go by train and ship! Apart perhaps from Cork-Scotland, it's one of the rockiest rides around.
Thanks CWS. Return journey doesn't have much time in Dublin so likely just a pint of the good stuff and then pre-clearance.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:48 am

The DAA Executive Lounge accepts Priority Pass and is next door to the EI Lounge. Likely to be as comfortable as the EI Lounge.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrkflyer
The DAA Executive Lounge accepts Priority Pass and is next door to the EI Lounge. Likely to be as comfortable as the EI Lounge.
Thanks MRKFLYER.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:02 am

Does one get 2 bags when flying on a BA coded EI flight as a silver member?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by B747forever
Unless things have changed, I believe the answer is no unfortunately.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by B747forever
I have been told by BA that we get one bag each at 20kg, flying EI Economy (LGW-DUB). I need to contact EI to get a substantial answer, and undoubtedly pay money. This will be our last venture on EI, frankly - it' just too much hard work
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: BA silver, Hilton diamond, Marriott titanium, IHG platinum
OP is referring to Glasgow flights, most (all?) of which are on Aer Lingus Regional, otherwise known as Stobart Air with its flying trucks. ATR prop aircraft, very tight, with one 20kg bag permitted - and even tighter cabin bags...usually bussed to remote stand at DUB...certainly not a J experience. EI to LHR/LGW at least gets a jet...Roll on One World membership...
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We did Stobart, JER-DUB, last year and were able to pay for 1 x 23 kg bag each, plus another bag (within my total 40 kg limit for 2 bags).

Stobart had more knee room than BA CE See PHX/ANC TR in my signature.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hilton diamond, Marriott titanium, IHG platinum
Great TR T8191 - we're heading through DUB on to PHL and TPA soon - still can't quite get used to Stobart's ATRs though...
Old Feb 7, 2017, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seat 13a
Great TR T8191 - we're heading through DUB on to PHL and TPA soon - still can't quite get used to Stobart's ATRs though...
Thanks ^

I guess we're immune to ATRs, having spent many years flying SOU-JER on them [and Q400s, and F-27s]
Old Feb 7, 2017, 2:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
Can someone clarify.... ?

As a BAEC Silver / Gold flying Y from JFK, BOS, or ORD via DUB to LHR or LGW ?

Is there any difference between flying on EI on an EI booked itinerary and flying EI on a BA booked one ?

Even on BA booked itinerary is there lounge access only at DUB and not at the US point of origin ?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 2:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Scillybear
As a BAEC Silver / Gold flying Y from JFK, BOS, or ORD via DUB to LHR or LGW ?

Is there any difference between flying on EI on an EI booked itinerary and flying EI on a BA booked one ?

Even on BA booked itinerary is there lounge access only at DUB and not at the US point of origin ?
OK, there are a range of options mentioned there, it would be best to be a bit more specific or I'll spend the whole day giving answers to scenarios which never happen! But essentially BA Silver and Gold have reciprocal rights in Aer Lingus' own lounges, not third party lounges when travelling Aer Lingus, but no guesting. Various exceptions apply (e.g. not Stobart) depending on precise details. LGW has only a third party lounge so no access, except Golds will have another access right based on 125 plated codeshares to the new BA Lounge.

Booking on BA codeshares' main benefit is to earn TPs and a lot more Avios than on prime codes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.