Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Open 05:15 to the last flight daily, for Silver/Sapphire and Club passengers, plus guest(s) where applicable, usual oneworld rules apply.

For the Gatwick South BA User Guide, click here.
Details on the First lounge can be found here:https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...st-lounge.html

Review: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ub-lounge.html

Print Wikipost

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:32 pm

Much grumbling from people this morning, got the the lounge just a minute or two before 5:15 and the queue was back to the stairwell doors. Now we're all in, it's pretty quiet, especially upstairs.
Did get stuck in the queue for the coffee machine behind a lady who couldn't figure out where to put her money though.
Tilly71 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:59 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by amanx
Where are you staying that is all inclusive?

Also the DB San Antonio.

Am currently away so forgot to share funny story about screaming child whose parents forgot they owned him I presume so was jumping on chairs throwing food the full nine yards when waiting for the flight to PUJ on 2nd sept.

Lounge staff had diplomatically asked for said child to be asked not to throw food or jump off chairs ( clever use of "for his safety" ) suddenly the din died down and little Jimmy had managed to get in the lift up to the mezzanine and gotten himself stuck. Parents remembered they owned said child after that and made him sit quietly.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver | Flying Blue Gold | Accor Gold
Mere curiousity after not being at gatwick for a good while for a tp run. But champagne is self serve finally? 😀
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by InsomniaBA
Mere curiousity after not being at gatwick for a good while for a tp run. But champagne is self serve finally? 😀
Certainly was on Sunday morning with plenty of bottles to go around.

The new (?) spinach frittata was absolutely delicious too. ^
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Yup self service and try the blue cheese fritatta it's delicious
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver | Flying Blue Gold | Accor Gold
Good stuff about the self serve. Frittatas on offer right now are pea and Herb. Pretty good 👍
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:32 am

We also had a spinach fritatta at Lhr and hash browns at Lhr last week. We both enjoyed it. Not sure if this is new?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:50 pm

Can't speak for LHR at not in and out of there enough but yes it's been standard since the new lounge opened. The salad bar is even passable if there in the afternoon
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by S_W_S
Seems I was mistaken, it was the San Antoni we stayed at but we didn't get chance to visit the Seabank.

I would agree, it's not a great location to you want to go sightseeing. I've previously stayed at the Corinthia in St Georges bay which was in a much better location.
Anyway, as you say straying a bit off topic!

Corinthia San Anton is my fave - not by the sea, but SO much more classy!
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
So I’m on a late (2155) to Edin Ruggers from LGW in a couple of weeks.

I presume the GF lounge closes at 8pm so will have to spend the last hour or two in GC. What is the evening food offering. These frittatas are they during the day or only at breakfast. Sounds like GC has had an enhanced service and potentially at LGW.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Just worked my way through the IB advice - travelling on an IB ticket on I2 tomorrow, therefore have access to GF (and I've done this before so I know it works).

Do I retain my GGL privilege of 2 guests?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Just worked my way through the IB advice - travelling on an IB ticket on I2 tomorrow, therefore have access to GF (and I've done this before so I know it works).

Do I retain my GGL privilege of 2 guests?
Yes^
Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Thanks, and so it proved, although the gate guardian made up a rule about having to be on the same flight, getting unfortunately rather short shrift in return.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Hi, I just wanted to confirm that as a BAEC Silver I should be able to access GC flying on I2?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:23 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Hi, I just wanted to confirm that as a BAEC Silver I should be able to access GC flying on I2?
Yes that's OK. If they seem unsure, persuade them to look at their laminated cards which gives the relevant clearance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.