Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Open 05:15 to the last flight daily, for Silver/Sapphire and Club passengers, plus guest(s) where applicable, usual oneworld rules apply.

For the Gatwick South BA User Guide, click here.
Details on the First lounge can be found here:https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...st-lounge.html

Review: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ub-lounge.html

Print Wikipost

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Thanks for reporting back, it will doubtless help someone else with the same question.
It would help a lot more if the lounge agents read FT!
TyneTraveller likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
It would help a lot more if the lounge agents read FT!
It would, although they shouldn't have to
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:44 am

Am I reading it right that the Club Lounge Gatwick is only open on Thursdays and Fridays therefore do we use the No 1 Lounge? Flying 12th March 2018.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by bubbah
Am I reading it right that the Club Lounge Gatwick is only open on Thursdays and Fridays therefore do we use the No 1 Lounge? Flying 12th March 2018.
Flying who? The lounge is open every day....
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This thread starts when the lounge first opened, and it was at that point in soft launch mode. A lot of champagne has flowed under the airbridge since then, so I wouldn't take the first page or two too seriously at this point. The lounge is open 7 days a week for all but the very earliest departures.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:03 am

We are flying BA but on the BA website it said the club lounge was on the winter opening times and until the end of March and only open Thurs/Friday. Thank you for your replies.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, then a handful of points on everything else.
We are flying BA but on the BA website it said the club lounge was on the winter opening times and until the end of March and only open Thurs/Friday. Thank you for your replies.
I have a Gatwick booking for a Saturday later this month and MMB doesn't say that, so there's something awry somewhere. Where are you flying to? It wasn't the lounge for the return flight was it?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This is the BA LGW website link:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...london-gatwick

And I'm not seeing that information. What web address do you have? Either way, definitely open 7 days a week including Christmas Day.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Do you mean this page?

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...london-gatwick

If so I think there may be some confusion. The Club lounge over winter is shown as open 0515 - 19:30 on Monday to Saturday and 05:15 - 21:00 on Sunday.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:14 am

Thank you everyone for your replies, I went onto ba.com lounge locations. Our flight is 8am.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:17 am

Ahhhhh. This:

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...ccess/LGW/1335

It's showing Thursday because today is Thursday, at a guess. Click "more details" for the rest of the week.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by internetplumber
Ahhhhh. This:

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...ccess/LGW/1335

It's showing Thursday because today is Thursday, at a guess. Click "more details" for the rest of the week.
Well spotted, and I can see what happened there: Ryan the Intern has cut and pasted the spreadsheet into the relevant field and it's truncated both the start and the rest of the week (unless you click the More Details tab). The oneworld website is riddled with errors, it's best to use the lounge directory in this forum (and that's what BA staff do too!).
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:20 am

British Airways Club Lounge

Emerald and Sapphire
Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline.Access: Business Class / First Class / Sapphire Tier / Emerald TierLocation: South Terminal / Upper Mezzanine Level / between Dixons Travel and J.D. Sports (access via lift) / After SecurityOpening Hours:
Thursday 05:15 - 19:30 Friday 05:15 - 19:30
Note: Opening times valid until March 24th 2018 (Winter Schedule)
  1. Business Facilities
  2. Wifi
  3. Complimentary Food & Beverages
  4. Showers
  5. Family/Kids Facilities
  6. Wheelchair Access
  7. Entertainment Facilities
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:24 am

Ok I had a senior moment what would I do without you guys/gals. You have been my lifeline in retirement when booking holidays. Thank you all again. Drinks will be on me if anyone is in the Club Lounge Gatwick on the 12th March early !!!:
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:28 am

No problem, I found it by searching for ba.com lounge locations, which leads you to this page on BA's website. You're absolutely right, clicking 'lounge locations' at the bottom of that page takes you to the OW page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.