Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Open 05:15 to the last flight daily, for Silver/Sapphire and Club passengers, plus guest(s) where applicable, usual oneworld rules apply.

For the Gatwick South BA User Guide, click here.
Details on the First lounge can be found here:https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...st-lounge.html

Review: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ub-lounge.html

Print Wikipost

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:00 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Chokkoubin
Not sure where else to go from here, really.
Well the moment has past, I fear. All that you can do is the next time you use Iberia at LGW South you persuade the staff to look at the laminated sheet on the blue clipboard. Over time this will probably get better: Unlike the First Wing at LHR, LGW rotate staff to the lounges so that no one spends more than a few hours there per shift. And being in South, with all the flight permutations, is still fairly new.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I noticed today that champagne was out in the chiller with the white wine. Is this a new thing across the board?, or a one off? Certainly beats having to find someone to get you a glass. Much better for the staff too I'd guess!
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Atlantic 101
I noticed today that champagne was out in the chiller with the white wine. Is this a new thing across the board?, or a one off
Its been like it for a few months at Gatwick..
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Was at LGW a couple of days ago for a flight to VCE. Had a look at both the lounges and thought the First lounge was much nicer (apart from the out of control 3-4 year olds - pity about lack of parental control).

Actually much nicer than LHR, fairly quiet (but see above) and nicer champagne.

Happy to go there again.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Grace B
Was at LGW a couple of days ago for a flight to VCE. Had a look at both the lounges and thought the First lounge was much nicer (apart from the out of control 3-4 year olds - pity about lack of parental control).

Actually much nicer than LHR, fairly quiet (but see above) and nicer champagne.

Happy to go there again.
Do you remember which champagne they have in the F lounge by chance?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Do you remember which champagne they have in the F lounge by chance?
They had two types, the regular one usually available at Heathrow T5 and a different one whose name I can't remember, but it was a brut with a deeper yellow colour, which I preferred.

Perhaps I had a little too much!

Edit: I've now remembered, I believe they were Castelnau and Henriot.

Last edited by Grace B; Sep 21, 2017 at 12:23 am
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Grace B
They had two types, the regular one usually available at Heathrow T5 and a different one whose name I can't remember, but it was a brut with a deeper yellow colour, which I preferred.

Perhaps I had a little too much!

Edit: I've now remembered, I believe they were Castelnau and Henriot.
Thanks Grace B ^. It's nice to have options , need to get to LGW at some point to try it out.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:49 am

Hi everyone! Which would be a better experience for economy passengers at Gatwick South?

- "Champagne Experience" gift voucher at No1 Lounge: €38
- Clubroom: €40

The reviews of both the lounge and clubroom are mixed so I'd love to hear any suggestions. Thank you!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Clubroom probably, because they have a high staff number and a better food menu. No. 1 is more spacious and open, however. There's not that much to choose between them to be frank.

Not sure either are worth 40€ however, you could get a decent meal in one of the LGW restaurants for that price. Or it's about half way to some AUP/POUG options on BA.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Clubroom probably, because they have a high staff number and a better food menu. No. 1 is more spacious and open, however. There's not that much to choose between them to be frank.

Not sure either are worth 40€ however, you could get a decent meal in one of the LGW restaurants for that price. Or it's about half way to some AUP/POUG options on BA.
Thank you so much! Yeah it's probably not worth the cost, but I have travel credits left over (Ritz card) so I'd like to treat my friends. Thanks again
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:16 am

Have read through several threads but couldn't find a clear answer ... OWE travelling on I2 (booked via IB on IB code). Access to BA F lounge, BA J lounge or No. 1?

No.1 seems to be a yes, but unsure whether we can get into the F lounge? Wonder what page 21 of the laminated guide says?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by flashware
Have read through several threads but couldn't find a clear answer ... OWE travelling on I2 (booked via IB on IB code). Access to BA F lounge, BA J lounge or No. 1?

No.1 seems to be a yes, but unsure whether we can get into the F lounge? Wonder what page 21 of the laminated guide says?
The laminated white sheet is on its own, it's not page 21, it's in with the other sheets on the clipboards. Golds on I2 can use the First lounge, it is just that some agents need to be encouraged to look at the laminated sheet - there have been reports of people turned away (e.g. LATAM Emeralds, of which LGW won't see that many). I've been able to get access.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The laminated white sheet is on its own, it's not page 21, it's in with the other sheets on the clipboards. Golds on I2 can use the First lounge, it is just that some agents need to be encouraged to look at the laminated sheet - there have been reports of people turned away (e.g. LATAM Emeralds, of which LGW won't see that many). I've been able to get access.
That's great - thanks c-w-s! Will report back in an hour or two.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:23 am

That's great - thanks c-w-s! Will report back in an hour or two.
No issues using fast track at LGW South and no issues entering the lounge ^

For clarity: BA Gold (OWE) travelling in Y on I2 on an IB coded flight.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:52 am

No issues using fast track at LGW South and no issues entering the lounge ^

For clarity: BA Gold (OWE) travelling in Y on I2 on an IB coded flight.
Thanks for reporting back, it will doubtless help someone else with the same question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.