Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Open 05:15 to the last flight daily, for Silver/Sapphire and Club passengers, plus guest(s) where applicable, usual oneworld rules apply.

For the Gatwick South BA User Guide, click here.
Details on the First lounge can be found here:https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...st-lounge.html

Review: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ub-lounge.html

Print Wikipost

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
The wine snobbery here never fails to amuse me

And the relevance of Spanish prices to those BA presumably pays in UK is ... what?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
I have seen premier cru White Burgundy and Grand Cru Bordeaux / claret in the Club lounge (south) at T5. Perhaps the wine was for one of the other lounges.
I have not seen quality wine at Gatwick for many years, I do remember being given a bottle of Piper H. At Gatwick 9 years ago for a group of us flying CE to Naples...
Old Feb 8, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: BAEC
I see the honeymoon period of the new lounges is over then...
Old Feb 9, 2017, 1:47 am

Club Lounge Closed

The Club Lounge is closed at the moment but they hope to open at 12 noon. However many thanks to Lionel who gave us a personal tour of the Lounge in any event.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Would it make sense (at least for those who can) to keep the wiki up to date with whether the lounge is open and who they're admitting?

Am on the CX flight later this month and would prefer to use the BA lounge rather than No. 1, but I presume it won't be classified as a OW lounge until they're letting CE pax in...
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Originally Posted by Skipcool3
I have seen premier cru White Burgundy and Grand Cru Bordeaux / claret in the Club lounge (south) at T5. Perhaps the wine was for one of the other lounges.
I have not seen quality wine at Gatwick for many years, I do remember being given a bottle of Piper H. At Gatwick 9 years ago for a group of us flying CE to Naples...
T5S lounge does see some decent red bordeaux from time to time - I have wondered myself if it put there in error. Several times in the last 12 months I've seen bottles a big step up from the usual offering.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Would it make sense (at least for those who can) to keep the wiki up to date with whether the lounge is open and who they're admitting?

Am on the CX flight later this month and would prefer to use the BA lounge rather than No. 1, but I presume it won't be classified as a OW lounge until they're letting CE pax in...
Yes, that would be good, the trouble is that (a) not many of us seem to go through LGW (b) it seems like both lounges are now open, broadly speaking, it's just that dealing with snags isn't to a timetable, and the workforce aren't always on site when you need them. I know GAL want BA out of Speedbird ASAP. The best we can hope for is people putting updates here for the next week or so.

I think you will be OK though. If it's open, it's a oneworld lounge, particularly if you have BAEC status.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

I think you will be OK though. If it's open, it's a oneworld lounge, particularly if you have BAEC status.
I am flying ex LGW with CX in 3 weeks time and hope to be able to use the BA lounge. I checked with the FTers on the CX forum who agree that, capacity allowing, it shouldn't be a problem. Of course this is assuming that the Club Lounge is then open to all who are eligible under the One World Alliance rules. Thank you to CWS for making the LGW lounge merry go round that bit more understandable!

I will also be at LGW next Thursday on my way to GVA, so will report my findings then!
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold
What is the food offering after 6pm? I'm Travelling to Jersey tomorrow on BA2778 and wondered what I can have for dinner?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by BDAgirl
I am flying ex LGW with CX in 3 weeks time and hope to be able to use the BA lounge. I checked with the FTers on the CX forum who agree that, capacity allowing, it shouldn't be a problem. Of course this is assuming that the Club Lounge is then open to all who are eligible under the One World Alliance rules. Thank you to CWS for making the LGW lounge merry go round that bit more understandable!

I will also be at LGW next Thursday on my way to GVA, so will report my findings then!
I got the impression they were directing people to the temporary lounges rather than actually not allowing them into the new lounges. I'm sure if you turned up being entitled to entry you would be allowed in. I'm guessing it was probably due to the toilet issues as there were only a small number available in the showers which could have ended in a big queue if the lounge was full.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by dalbyl
What is the food offering after 6pm? I'm Travelling to Jersey tomorrow on BA2778 and wondered what I can have for dinner?
Apart from the usual crisps and biscuits, the below would be an example of what may be available between 6pm to late. It is broadly the same as the offer at GC lounges at T5. A decent upgrade on what was previously on offer at LGW.

Hot Buffet

Peperonata pasta
Moroccan beef
Green Thai chicken curry
Vegetable casserole with tomato and smoked paprika sauce
Rice

Jacket potato
Grated cheese
Baked beans

Salad Bar

Pink coleslaw
Beetroot, onion, carrot & pumpkin seeds
Cucumber
Mixed leaves
New potato, spring onion with mint
Tomato
Caesar dressing
French dressing
Olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Apple & cider chutney
Coastal cheddar cheese
Red Leicester cheese
Water biscuits
Oat cakes
Old Feb 9, 2017, 1:00 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Crocodile2409
I can't take anymore, it's all too much😂

The way it's going Speedbird is becoming more attractive by the day💕
Well I'm interpreting perthflyer's intelligence as boding well for you:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27887672-post145.html

So if the plumbing holds out, I think you should be OK for the new lounge.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 1:26 pm

Cheers

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well I'm interpreting perthflyer's intelligence as boding well for you:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27887672-post145.html

So if the plumbing holds out, I think you should be OK for the new lounge.
Many thanks CWS, I had resigned myself to Speedbird so anything else is a bonus.

Is the route clearly marked now or do I still need your cunning map!
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I was there about 5pm this evening, headed to Speedbird to find a large sign saying the temporary lounge is now closed and directing me to the new lounge.

First and Club were both open with no sign of anything amiss.

I was in club and somewhat pleasently suprised. Its airy and spacious. Still not in the same league as CX in T3 but nicer than T5 south or north.

Is there evening hot food? Cornation chicken sandwiches ran out at 17:30 and tuna didn't seem far behind (I overheard chef). Since there are few late evening flights I was wondering if chilli or pasta would make an appearance.

Champers much easier to get hold of as staff were approachable and in reasonable numbers. They were also freindly, which isn't my experience of T5 (South particularly...).

As I've said elsewhere I'm going to miss No1 lounge and their food.

Bit off topic but overall I prefered the LGW North terminal over the last year to the new setup in South. Bused off domestic flights makes getting into London slower and South has longer distance to gates (which are totally unable to manage a priority queue). Hey ho
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:21 pm
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Am in the LGW(S) lounge now and my first observation is an alarming lack of power sockets. I cannot spot a single one at the moment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.