Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 3, 18, 5:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
Open 05:15 to the last flight daily, for Silver/Sapphire and Club passengers, plus guest(s) where applicable, usual oneworld rules apply. For letter from BA explaining the situation, see this post.
For the Gatwick South BA User Guide, click here.
Details on the First lounge can be found here:https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...st-lounge.html
Temporary access directions for the new lounge can be found by clicking here.
Details on the Speedbird temporary South lounge can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ba-lounge.html
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 31, 18, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by TWCLAM View Post
It may have been, going by time of your posts, because they were near the switch over time of 11:45 & we're busy cooking up the day time food. I've been known to rock up there at midday and have a word with the staff pointing out I know the normal time they switch but would they mind a secret bacon roll & one has been found( it was freshly cooked not just grabbed out of the bin).

Also worth bearing in mind this is LGW's busiest weekend with some 116,000 pax expected today. Obviously these aren't all BA but the place is going to working at full tilt all weekend ( Sunday is the worst & when I next fly so thank god for the OH & her ability to pull strings there)
Can I ask why this weekend is the busiest one? Also why Sunday too?
Old Aug 31, 18, 10:39 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
LGW is colloquially known as "the bucket and spade" airport as it's primarily a leisure travel airport. This weekend you have all the families coming back from their summer/ package holidays before summer term begins. It's also the point at which those of who don't have little darlings to take away during school holidays deem our destinations to be cleared of screaming younglings and head off for sun ourselves. This leads to a high number and the busiest weekend for LGW as both in and out oubound pax numbers are both very high.
T8191 and Tilly71 like this.
Old Aug 31, 18, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
It's also the point at which those of who don't have little darlings to take away during school holidays deem our destinations to be cleared of screaming younglings and head off for sun ourselves. This leads to a high number and the busiest weekend for LGW as both in and out oubound pax numbers are both very high.
Funny old thing ... we're outbound from LGW on Wednesday for that exact reason!

Always check Public and School holiday dates before booking a restful holiday!
KeaneJohn and TWCLAM like this.
Old Aug 31, 18, 3:22 pm

I was at the Flounge at Gatwick this week - first time ever - and having read that it opens at 5:15, I lulled around by browsing the shops aimlessly until 5:15 before heading there. Was surprised to hear that it opens at 5:00 instead.
Old Aug 31, 18, 7:28 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
@T18 - weirdly we are off Sunday. Also I accidentally booked 4 days all inclusive in Malta for march. Had that great comment it repriced twice and out the price down both times. AHH I love a BA Sale

CE RTN, lgw-mla and 4 days all in for 742 for two couldn't be turned down plus the 160 TPs to go in the pot for next year
Sealink and T8191 like this.
Old Aug 31, 18, 9:02 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
I was at the Flounge at Gatwick this week - first time ever - and having read that it opens at 5:15, I lulled around by browsing the shops aimlessly until 5:15 before heading there. Was surprised to hear that it opens at 5:00 instead.
iT'S OFFICIALLY 05:15 ( The FLounge was 07:00 but that didnt go down too well so they moved it inline with Club) but if the staff needed are there then theyve been opening it at 05:00 during the school holidays the nice bunch they are. I just hope they're getting paid to do so
Old Sep 1, 18, 2:39 am

iT'S OFFICIALLY 05:15 ( The FLounge was 07:00 but that didnt go down too well so they moved it inline with Club) but if the staff needed are there then theyve been opening it at 05:00 during the school holidays the nice bunch they are. I just hope they're getting paid to do so
Yes, they waited till I stopped doing my weekly EDI commute to bring it forward. Thanks BA!

No menu service, just buffet though until 7am.
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Sep 3, 18, 10:20 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
@T18 - weirdly we are off Sunday. Also I accidentally booked 4 days all inclusive in Malta for march. Had that great comment it repriced twice and out the price down both times. AHH I love a BA Sale

CE RTN, lgw-mla and 4 days all in for 742 for two couldn't be turned down plus the 160 TPs to go in the pot for next year

Where are you staying that is all inclusive?
Old Sep 3, 18, 10:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Gold
Originally Posted by amanx View Post
Where are you staying that is all inclusive?
Not sure about the OP, but I stayed at the DB Seabank all inclusive earlier in the year, nice hotel and decent food etc included.
Old Sep 3, 18, 1:27 pm

Programs: TK*S, A3*G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by S_W_S View Post
Not sure about the OP, but I stayed at the DB Seabank all inclusive earlier in the year, nice hotel and decent food etc included.
We stayed at the sister hotel, DB San Antonio, in April. We paid a short trip to the Seabank whilst there and thought that it was a bit nicer - more sun loungers and adults only area. The food at the San Antonio was top notch and a friend who has visited Seabank also thought the food was decent. we will definately be visiting Seabank in the near future.
Old Sep 3, 18, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
New one on me, but then our requirements are different. Too far out of Town, for a start! If you will forgive the terminology, we don't do 'factory hotels' anyway, and I don't think [from some local experience] Malta does them very well anyway. But for families, it tends to largely what you can get.

... However, we stray into "Destinations" rather than "BAEC".
Old Sep 3, 18, 2:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Gold
Originally Posted by gate4lounge View Post
We stayed at the sister hotel, DB San Antonio, in April. We paid a short trip to the Seabank whilst there and thought that it was a bit nicer - more sun loungers and adults only area. The food at the San Antonio was top notch and a friend who has visited Seabank also thought the food was decent. we will definately be visiting Seabank in the near future.
Seems I was mistaken, it was the San Antonio we stayed at but we didn't get chance to visit the Seabank.
Originally Posted by T8191 View Post
New one on me, but then our requirements are different. Too far out of Town, for a start! If you will forgive the terminology, we don't do 'factory hotels' anyway, and I don't think [from some local experience] Malta does them very well anyway. But for families, it tends to largely what you can get.

... However, we stray into "Destinations" rather than "BAEC".
I would agree, it's not a great location to you want to go sightseeing. I've previously stayed at the Corinthia in St Georges bay which was in a much better location.
Anyway, as you say straying a bit off topic!
T8191 likes this.

Last edited by S_W_S; Sep 12, 18 at 5:32 pm
Old Sep 3, 18, 4:00 pm

Agree they are a nice bunch in the dining area, much different from the surly ones at LHR Flounge T5!
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Sep 5, 18, 5:05 pm

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
Originally Posted by gate4lounge View Post
Thanks to both.

Although i am a lowly Bronze I am picky with my food. So will probs stay in a 4-5 star non AI. Last time i stayed at the le Meridian.
Old Sep 5, 18, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by amanx View Post
Last time i stayed at the le Meridian.
The or le, but please not both.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: