Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Open 05:15 to the last flight daily, for Silver/Sapphire and Club passengers, plus guest(s) where applicable, usual oneworld rules apply.

For the Gatwick South BA User Guide, click here.
Details on the First lounge can be found here:https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...st-lounge.html

Review: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ub-lounge.html

Print Wikipost

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2017, 1:46 am

A few more photos and notes from Day 1...

The toilets, as you can see, are significantly nicer than the CCR in terms of finish - no lino here. However there are only 3 cubicles in the Gents, and already a wait for those even with the lounge half empty. I fear this will be a significant annoyance at busy times. Oh, and the flushes don't work properly.

Also note that there are currently no chargers in the tables - the gaps where these should be are covered with plain wood. I wonder if these chargers are what failed the electrical/safety test, so they had to take them out? In the interim, there are still mains plugs underneath the tables which you can access, but it requires a bit of fiddling. Hopefully they will get this sorted in due course.
Attached Images      

Last edited by Ldnn1; Feb 5, 2017 at 1:55 am
Old Feb 5, 2017, 2:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by muscat
What?? No complaints about dirt, tired furniture, slop in bowls.....? It's already been at least an hour.
Not yet, but already an unflattering comment on the First Lounge:

Originally Posted by Dave_C
Yes, my mother is in there now, says its packed and "nothing special". She said she is very underwhelmed.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 2:11 am

Looks very good. What is the power outlet situation? I can't see any in the chair side tables.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
Looks very good. What is the power outlet situation? I can't see any in the chair side tables.
See my note above - none for now. I hope it must be some sort of temporary issue as it'd be ridiculous if BA had simply decided not to bother installing any.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Looks as if it will be very well appointed once the last few niggles get sorted.Brilliant photographs and a much improved offering that is well deserved and long overdue at LGW. Now it should hold it's own status above that of what previously was just a larger outstation lounge.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 2:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
A few more photos and notes from Day 1...

The toilets, as you can see, are significantly nicer than the CCR in terms of finish - no lino here. However there are only 3 cubicles in the Gents, and already a wait for those even with the lounge half empty. I fear this will be a significant annoyance at busy times. Oh, and the flushes don't work properly.

Also note that there are currently no chargers in the tables - the gaps where these should be are covered with plain wood. I wonder if these chargers are what failed the electrical/safety test, so they had to take them out? In the interim, there are still mains plugs underneath the tables which you can access, but it requires a bit of fiddling. Hopefully they will get this sorted in due course.
Fantastic photos 🖒 looks great!
Old Feb 5, 2017, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Not yet, but already an unflattering comment on the First Lounge:
His mother is probably hard to please 😄😉
Old Feb 5, 2017, 2:34 am

Looks very impressive. In fact I prefer the look of the Club lounge to the F lounge. ^ from me.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Nice work, Ldnn1 ... thanks for your time doing that. ^

Yes, that looks a very pleasant Lounge indeed. And good to see they appear to have left space for people to move, instead of cramming in as many seats as possible.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
Looks as if it will be very well appointed once the last few niggles get sorted.Brilliant photographs and a much improved offering that is well deserved and long overdue at LGW. Now it should hold it's own status above that of what previously was just a larger outstation lounge.
It's pretty much essential that proper charging facilities are provided these days. T5 was built in the time when most mobile phones could stay charged for days so the sockets were mostly used by laptop users. More recent lounges such as EDI have plenty of sockets so I'm sure that BA will rectify this.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 3:28 am

Location: Born Laurieston, lived Glasgow, Singapore, Ft Lauderdale, Hyderabad, Edinburgh
Programs: BAEC Gold,
Saved embarrassment

After all the negativity about the lounges last week I was just about to post about how pleasantly surprised I was with the quality of the temporary lounges, as I was really impressed with them. Thought I would check out the latest thread on the subject and just as well I did as I have been enjoying the new lounge without even realising it.

i guess that us why they are coming round offering guests chocolates; the ones you normally get in first, also why there are so many staff hanging around -watching.

still don't see many charging points in the main seating areas.

Last edited by Travelling_Bairn; Feb 5, 2017 at 3:46 am Reason: Additional thoughts
Old Feb 5, 2017, 3:33 am

Full Opening

Originally Posted by Lgwfan
Currently only certain passengers not sure what criteria is being used are being invited to the new lounges. Speed bird is still in use for some
Many thanks for the update the lounge looks excellent, any ideas when this is fully opened I.e no split between this and Speedbird?

Regards
Old Feb 5, 2017, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
See my note above - none for now. I hope it must be some sort of temporary issue as it'd be ridiculous if BA had simply decided not to bother installing any.
Thanks. I expect you're correct that this relates to the fire-safety issue that delayed the opening.

Really like the look of it so thanks for the photos. Airy and comfortable. The two-tiers is clever although I hope it doesn't make the acoustics annoying.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 4:22 am

Great photos. The lounge looks like it is a significant step up from the Club offerings at LHR.

Although the comments on lack of power points are worrying.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
WOW!!!

I have to say the pictures make it look nicer than the first lounge next door although I realise the food/drink offering is less!! Looks better than any of the LHR Club lounges!

shall look forward to my visit in 3 weeks. Have an 8 hour layover between flights so was dreading being stuck in the Speedbird lounge!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.