Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 3, 18, 5:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
Open 05:15 to the last flight daily, for Silver/Sapphire and Club passengers, plus guest(s) where applicable, usual oneworld rules apply. For letter from BA explaining the situation, see this post.
For the Gatwick South BA User Guide, click here.
Details on the First lounge can be found here:https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...st-lounge.html
Temporary access directions for the new lounge can be found by clicking here.
Details on the Speedbird temporary South lounge can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ba-lounge.html
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 17, 18, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmogdan View Post
A good friend of mine is currently at LGW on a bit of a long layover travelling back from SIN. He is Silver and his wife just made Silver on the return flight, although the status hasnít updated yet. Theyíre with their 7 year old child. They tried to access the LGW lounge and explain this and were denied. Seems quite unreasonable to

Me and what a way to upset new loyal customers?
Just to check, the denial was to the request by the husband to guest in two people? Unfortunately a silver can only guest one person, and it's only under 2 year olds who don't count as a guest. This is entirely in line with the rules.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Apr 17, 18, 3:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Just to check, the denial was to the request by the husband to guest in two people? Unfortunately a silver can only guest one person, and it's only under 2 year olds who don't count as a guest. This is entirely in line with the rules.
Yes thatís correct although wife reached the 600 tier point threashold on flight last night SIN - LHR, so account just havenít been updated yet.
Old Apr 17, 18, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmogdan View Post
Yes thatís correct although wife reached the 600 tier point threashold on flight last night SIN - LHR, so account just havenít been updated yet.
The 600 TPs wouldn't show on her account yet. Although there is the odd post about an agent showing some leniency for anticipation of status it is usually when the TPs have credited but the overnight updating of status hasn't happened yet.
Old May 27, 18, 12:00 pm

Does anybody know what time breakfast stops being served in the lounge?
Old May 27, 18, 12:15 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by SussexFly View Post
Does anybody know what time breakfast stops being served in the lounge?
11:45 hrs, though the bacon rolls / vegetarian hot roll stops at 11 hrs.
SussexFly likes this.
Old Aug 31, 18, 3:41 am

Here now. Huge improvement on the previous lounge in the North terminal.

Those tiny bacon rolls are actually very decent. Lounge fairly busy but lots of open seats away from the windows. Mezzanine level empty (just 3 pax at 9am).

Didn't take the short cut after security as we wanted some duty free.
Old Aug 31, 18, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by OrlandoSwan View Post
Here now. Huge improvement on the previous lounge in the North terminal.

Those tiny bacon rolls are actually very decent. Lounge fairly busy but lots of open seats away from the windows. Mezzanine level empty (just 3 pax at 9am).

Didn't take the short cut after security as we wanted some duty free.
I still don't think people know about the upstairs area and/or are too lazy to head up
Old Aug 31, 18, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by flashware View Post
I still don't think people know about the upstairs area and/or are too lazy to head up
I suspect that is the case. The window seats are the obvious attraction if you don't look around. I did notice a red rope that perhaps 'closes off' the area towards the end of the day?
Old Aug 31, 18, 3:56 am

I suspect that is the case. The window seats are the obvious attraction if you don't look around. I did notice a red rope that perhaps 'closes off' the area towards the end of the day?
Could be. That's what used to happen when it was a No. 1 lounge.....
Old Aug 31, 18, 4:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, they do close it towards the end of the day by roping it off. The reason being that they need to clean and then clear down the coffee machine and other equipment before closure, which they do when the need for upstairs is lowest.
Old Aug 31, 18, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
Originally Posted by flashware View Post
upstairs area!!?! Omg thanks will have to do some exploration next time I'm there.
Old Aug 31, 18, 5:41 am

I'm flying LGW next week so looking forward to checking the lounge out (albeit briefly, I'm on a rather early flight)
Old Aug 31, 18, 5:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Serious lack of bacon in the lounge this morning
Old Aug 31, 18, 6:21 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by FrogTastic View Post
Serious lack of bacon in the lounge this morning
It may have been, going by time of your posts, because they were near the switch over time of 11:45 & we're busy cooking up the day time food. I've been known to rock up there at midday and have a word with the staff pointing out I know the normal time they switch but would they mind a secret bacon roll & one has been found( it was freshly cooked not just grabbed out of the bin).

Also worth bearing in mind this is LGW's busiest weekend with some 116,000 pax expected today. Obviously these aren't all BA but the place is going to working at full tilt all weekend ( Sunday is the worst & when I next fly so thank god for the OH & her ability to pull strings there)
Old Aug 31, 18, 9:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by TWCLAM View Post
It may have been, going by time of your posts, because they were near the switch over time of 11:45 & we're busy cooking up the day time food. I've been known to rock up there at midday and have a word with the staff pointing out I know the normal time they switch but would they mind a secret bacon roll & one has been found( it was freshly cooked not just grabbed out of the bin).

Also worth bearing in mind this is LGW's busiest weekend with some 116,000 pax expected today. Obviously these aren't all BA but the place is going to working at full tilt all weekend ( Sunday is the worst & when I next fly so thank god for the OH & her ability to pull strings there)
I was in just after 6:30am this morning and the lounge didnít seem busy at all. I must admit, after 8am it did fill up quickly.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: