Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 3, 18, 5:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
Open 05:15 to the last flight daily, for Silver/Sapphire and Club passengers, plus guest(s) where applicable, usual oneworld rules apply. For letter from BA explaining the situation, see this post.
For the Gatwick South BA User Guide, click here.
Details on the First lounge can be found here:https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...st-lounge.html
Temporary access directions for the new lounge can be found by clicking here.
Details on the Speedbird temporary South lounge can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ba-lounge.html
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 19, 18, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Silver
I will be in the LGW Club Lounge next week, hopefully between 11:45 to around 13:00 (1350 dep ) . I couldn't see anywhere on here that the lunch offerings were particularly described, I'm assuming its soup and sandwiches is the kind of thing on offer as per the evening ? Also is champagne available on request ? Its mentioned on here as being available free pour but that was a little while ago and I didn't think champagne was freely available in Club.
Old Mar 19, 18, 10:02 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Yetak View Post
I will be in the LGW Club Lounge next week, hopefully between 11:45 to around 13:00 (1350 dep ) . I couldn't see anywhere on here that the lunch offerings were particularly described, I'm assuming its soup and sandwiches is the kind of thing on offer as per the evening ? Also is champagne available on request ? Its mentioned on here as being available free pour but that was a little while ago and I didn't think champagne was freely available in Club.
IIRC there is more extensive hot food available available until early afternoon then it switches to sandwiches and cakes.
Old Mar 19, 18, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by lcylocal View Post

IIRC there is more extensive hot food available available until early afternoon then it switches to sandwiches and cakes.
Currently in lounge, lunch was salads, soup, thai red curry, italian beef, quiche etc at 3.00pm it changed to cakes and sandwiches but not sure what time it changed from breakfast cereal and bacon rolls to lunch though. I have been here since 11.00 am
Old Mar 19, 18, 11:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Jerseylily2 View Post
not sure what time it changed from breakfast cereal and bacon rolls to lunch though.
11:45 (ish) is when breakfast gets cleared away and lunch appears. Bacon rolls are suppose to end at 11 hrs, but it wouldn't surprise me if they kept existing rolls out in LGW for a while thereafter (which would not happen in LHR).
Old Mar 19, 18, 11:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Jerseylily2 View Post
............................at 3.00pm it changed to cakes and sandwiches but not sure what time it changed from breakfast cereal and bacon rolls to lunch though. I have been here since 11.00 am
You arrived at 11.00 and this last post was made after 4pm .......

Have you moved in your furniture yet ...... ? !!

EDIT - weather delays ....?

Last edited by subject2load; Mar 19, 18 at 11:46 am
Old Mar 19, 18, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks for all the info, that sounds quite a selection and quite a bit better than I thought it would be.
Old Mar 19, 18, 12:38 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by Yetak View Post
Free pouring champagne was available at breakfast time in January.
Yetak likes this.
Old Mar 19, 18, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Pack View Post
I seem to recall that this is breakfast only. Have we had reports of free pour during the day in the Club lounge?

If so I shall be a happy bunny! 😀
Old Mar 19, 18, 1:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA*G
Smile

Originally Posted by Pack View Post
Was there this morning and the champagne (Henriot) poured quite freely, as it would all day.

Last edited by Grace B; Mar 19, 18 at 2:12 pm
Old Mar 19, 18, 3:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Gold
Champagne was available on request at 0530 in January when I was there.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Apr 13, 18, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by krispy84 View Post

I seem to recall that this is breakfast only. Have we had reports of free pour during the day in the Club lounge?

If so I shall be a happy bunny! ��
Free pour champagne, Castelnau , available at 1300 in the Club lounge. It seems this may be available all day. A small win but it’s the little things that count.

Old Apr 13, 18, 1:14 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

A slightly unusual question...

Would any know if the Grand National (tomorrow) would be allowed to be shown on TV in the lounge?

Thanks,
Old Apr 13, 18, 2:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk View Post

Would any know if the Grand National (tomorrow) would be allowed to be shown on TV in the lounge?

Thanks,
Probably.

Then again ..... I wouldn’t bet on it
Old Apr 13, 18, 2:52 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by subject2load View Post

Probably.

Then again ..... I wouldn’t bet on it
Ha ha! very good indeed!

My Dad would rather see it on a large screen as it’s simplier on eye than an iPhone or iPad!

I wasn’t sure if it would be allowed or possible to change the channel due to ‘rules!?!
Old Apr 17, 18, 3:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier
A good friend of mine is currently at LGW on a bit of a long layover travelling back from SIN. He is Silver and his wife just made Silver on the return flight, although the status hasn’t updated yet. They’re with their 7 year old child. They tried to access the LGW lounge and explain this and were denied. Seems quite unreasonable to

Me and what a way to upset new loyal customers?

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: