Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

    Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 3, 18, 5:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
Open 05:15 to the last flight daily, for Silver/Sapphire and Club passengers, plus guest(s) where applicable, usual oneworld rules apply. For letter from BA explaining the situation, see this post.
For the Gatwick South BA User Guide, click here.
Details on the First lounge can be found here:https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...st-lounge.html
Temporary access directions for the new lounge can be found by clicking here.
Details on the Speedbird temporary South lounge can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ba-lounge.html
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Aug 15, 17, 6:00 pm
  #226  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 36,902
Originally Posted by Chokkoubin View Post
Not sure where else to go from here, really.
Well the moment has past, I fear. All that you can do is the next time you use Iberia at LGW South you persuade the staff to look at the laminated sheet on the blue clipboard. Over time this will probably get better: Unlike the First Wing at LHR, LGW rotate staff to the lounges so that no one spends more than a few hours there per shift. And being in South, with all the flight permutations, is still fairly new.
corporate-wage-slave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 17, 9:44 am
  #227  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 88
I noticed today that champagne was out in the chiller with the white wine. Is this a new thing across the board?, or a one off? Certainly beats having to find someone to get you a glass. Much better for the staff too I'd guess!
Atlantic 101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 17, 10:05 am
  #228  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: living near Malaga
Programs: BA Gold & honoured with a Mucci des Zones de Tranquilité . Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Posts: 636
Originally Posted by Atlantic 101 View Post
I noticed today that champagne was out in the chiller with the white wine. Is this a new thing across the board?, or a one off
Its been like it for a few months at Gatwick..
sunshinebob is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 17, 11:13 am
  #229  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK/Australia
Programs: BAEC Gold, UA*G
Posts: 1,875
Was at LGW a couple of days ago for a flight to VCE. Had a look at both the lounges and thought the First lounge was much nicer (apart from the out of control 3-4 year olds - pity about lack of parental control).

Actually much nicer than LHR, fairly quiet (but see above) and nicer champagne.

Happy to go there again.
Grace B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 17, 4:42 pm
  #230  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Posts: 602
Originally Posted by Grace B View Post
Was at LGW a couple of days ago for a flight to VCE. Had a look at both the lounges and thought the First lounge was much nicer (apart from the out of control 3-4 year olds - pity about lack of parental control).

Actually much nicer than LHR, fairly quiet (but see above) and nicer champagne.

Happy to go there again.
Do you remember which champagne they have in the F lounge by chance?
wheatbeer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 17, 8:26 pm
  #231  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK/Australia
Programs: BAEC Gold, UA*G
Posts: 1,875
Originally Posted by wheatbeer View Post
Do you remember which champagne they have in the F lounge by chance?
They had two types, the regular one usually available at Heathrow T5 and a different one whose name I can't remember, but it was a brut with a deeper yellow colour, which I preferred.

Perhaps I had a little too much!

Edit: I've now remembered, I believe they were Castelnau and Henriot.

Last edited by Grace B; Sep 21, 17 at 1:23 am
Grace B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 17, 7:52 am
  #232  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Posts: 602
Originally Posted by Grace B View Post
They had two types, the regular one usually available at Heathrow T5 and a different one whose name I can't remember, but it was a brut with a deeper yellow colour, which I preferred.

Perhaps I had a little too much!

Edit: I've now remembered, I believe they were Castelnau and Henriot.
Thanks Grace B . It's nice to have options , need to get to LGW at some point to try it out.
wheatbeer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 17, 8:49 am
  #233  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 29
Hi everyone! Which would be a better experience for economy passengers at Gatwick South?

- "Champagne Experience" gift voucher at No1 Lounge: €38
- Clubroom: €40

The reviews of both the lounge and clubroom are mixed so I'd love to hear any suggestions. Thank you!
readyforvacation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 17, 9:14 am
  #234  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 36,902
Clubroom probably, because they have a high staff number and a better food menu. No. 1 is more spacious and open, however. There's not that much to choose between them to be frank.

Not sure either are worth 40€ however, you could get a decent meal in one of the LGW restaurants for that price. Or it's about half way to some AUP/POUG options on BA.
corporate-wage-slave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 17, 11:05 am
  #235  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Clubroom probably, because they have a high staff number and a better food menu. No. 1 is more spacious and open, however. There's not that much to choose between them to be frank.

Not sure either are worth 40€ however, you could get a decent meal in one of the LGW restaurants for that price. Or it's about half way to some AUP/POUG options on BA.
Thank you so much! Yeah it's probably not worth the cost, but I have travel credits left over (Ritz card) so I'd like to treat my friends. Thanks again
readyforvacation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 18, 1:16 am
  #236  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,372
Have read through several threads but couldn't find a clear answer ... OWE travelling on I2 (booked via IB on IB code). Access to BA F lounge, BA J lounge or No. 1?

No.1 seems to be a yes, but unsure whether we can get into the F lounge? Wonder what page 21 of the laminated guide says?
flashware is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 18, 1:20 am
  #237  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 36,902
Originally Posted by flashware View Post
Have read through several threads but couldn't find a clear answer ... OWE travelling on I2 (booked via IB on IB code). Access to BA F lounge, BA J lounge or No. 1?

No.1 seems to be a yes, but unsure whether we can get into the F lounge? Wonder what page 21 of the laminated guide says?
The laminated white sheet is on its own, it's not page 21, it's in with the other sheets on the clipboards. Golds on I2 can use the First lounge, it is just that some agents need to be encouraged to look at the laminated sheet - there have been reports of people turned away (e.g. LATAM Emeralds, of which LGW won't see that many). I've been able to get access.
corporate-wage-slave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 18, 1:21 am
  #238  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,372
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
The laminated white sheet is on its own, it's not page 21, it's in with the other sheets on the clipboards. Golds on I2 can use the First lounge, it is just that some agents need to be encouraged to look at the laminated sheet - there have been reports of people turned away (e.g. LATAM Emeralds, of which LGW won't see that many). I've been able to get access.
That's great - thanks c-w-s! Will report back in an hour or two.
flashware is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 18, 3:23 am
  #239  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,372
Originally Posted by flashware View Post
That's great - thanks c-w-s! Will report back in an hour or two.
No issues using fast track at LGW South and no issues entering the lounge

For clarity: BA Gold (OWE) travelling in Y on I2 on an IB coded flight.
Tobias-UK likes this.
flashware is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 18, 9:52 am
  #240  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 36,902
Originally Posted by flashware View Post
No issues using fast track at LGW South and no issues entering the lounge

For clarity: BA Gold (OWE) travelling in Y on I2 on an IB coded flight.
Thanks for reporting back, it will doubtless help someone else with the same question.
corporate-wage-slave is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: