Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 3, 18, 5:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
Open 05:15 to the last flight daily, for Silver/Sapphire and Club passengers, plus guest(s) where applicable, usual oneworld rules apply. For letter from BA explaining the situation, see this post.
For the Gatwick South BA User Guide, click here.
Details on the First lounge can be found here:https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...st-lounge.html
Temporary access directions for the new lounge can be found by clicking here.
Details on the Speedbird temporary South lounge can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ba-lounge.html
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 16, 17, 6:22 am

Programs: BA (GOLD), VS
Two workmen in today checking the plug sockets ...
Old Mar 16, 17, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by sxc View Post
I know it's all about personal preference but I find this "Evolution" style to be a bit dated already. It's a bit on the bling side and in a year's time is going to look like last year's trends. Qantas and Cathay (even the style prior to current Ilse Crawford design) tend to be able to find a style that is more classic and ages well.

I agree. I think its pointless throwing money at all this trendy stuff. So long as furnishings are smart and comfortable there is no need to empty the piggy bank. I can see that BA may want to showcase a selection of British designers, but other than that - just go to John Lewis.
Old Mar 20, 17, 12:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
Glad Cruz is saving all that staff wage between 4.30 and 5.15 when the ~20 of us on 6.15-7.30 flights can just stand outside!
Old Mar 20, 17, 2:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
So I was on a BA codeshare (EI) to Dublin last night and used the lounges. GF had closed already (8pm apparently), so I was directed to GC.

I must say I didn't expect it to be so spacious. I can see the appeal of GC over GF for space alone. GF wins with the view of the runway and the menu service, but otherwise I would be happy to spend my time in GC.
Old Mar 20, 17, 3:08 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Gold Actually
Originally Posted by Doccykins View Post
Glad Cruz is saving all that staff wage between 4.30 and 5.15 when the ~20 of us on 6.15-7.30 flights can just stand outside!
I thought 5.15am was the opening time. so why was you waiting when it wasn't going to open?
Old Mar 20, 17, 3:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Castle25 View Post
I thought 5.15am was the opening time. so why was you waiting when it wasn't going to open?
Yes that is the official opening time and is showing as such in the relevant FT thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19756294-post3.html

In North it used to be 05:00 for the former Terraces, but I think they had an early NCE flight at 06:00. Still, given that currently the first flight is at 06:15 (MLA and GLA) and there are only 5 flights before 07:00 hrs, the lounge hours seem reasonable to me, given how quick security is there and the terminal's compactness.
Old Mar 20, 17, 9:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was being an early morning grumpus with a 3.30 start and no caffeine - The agents did apologise for keeping us and the lounge is actually very nice, just a shame I couldn't spend more time there at the unforgiving hour.

Had a chat about it with the CSM on board though and she seemed positively shocked!
Old Mar 23, 17, 6:22 am

Just to be clear, what is the access allowed for BA codeshare operated by non-oneworld (e.g. Meridiana)? GCH given access to both First and Club lounge, no guest?
Old Mar 23, 17, 6:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by chazman189 View Post
Just to be clear, what is the access allowed for BA codeshare operated by non-oneworld (e.g. Meridiana)? GCH given access to both First and Club lounge, no guest?
If not oneworld, strictly speaking it's Club lounge (though I can't imagine that LGW will be too bothered about that), and it needs to be a BA codeshare, 125 plated ticket, no guesting. It also has to be Gold, there is no read across to (say) AA Ex Plats.
Old Mar 23, 17, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
If not oneworld, strictly speaking it's Club lounge (though I can't imagine that LGW will be too bothered about that), and it needs to be a BA codeshare, 125 plated ticket, no guesting. It also has to be Gold, there is no read across to (say) AA Ex Plats.
Thanks. Is that official policy, or just BA being generous - doesn't seem to be documented anywhere
Old Mar 23, 17, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chazman189 View Post
Thanks. Is that official policy, or just BA being generous - doesn't seem to be documented anywhere
It is official policy. Listed in the lounge eligibility guide for GF and GC lounges, GCH gets access:

When travelling in any cabin on a non-oneworld operated BA*codeshare flight plus 1 guest. Ticket must have 125 e-ticket number. Guest must be travelling on the same flight.
Old Mar 23, 17, 5:55 pm

Programs: Marriott:Gold BA:Gold Amex:Green Hilton:Gold:IC Gold Amb
OH not happy. First time in the new First lounge this afternoon and no cream tea something we have come to expect from GF LHR.
Old Mar 25, 17, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Silver; Avis P+; Global Entry
In here now... very nice.. the wait was worth it
Old Apr 5, 17, 2:36 pm

Any update as to whether the power sockets are all fixed yet?
Old Apr 5, 17, 3:14 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aidy View Post
In here now... very nice.. the wait was worth it
Yes, agreed.

I liked this lounge when visiting for the first time last Friday. Definitely a step up at LGW... nice to be able to say that in this era of many enhancements... and it was busy too (except for the upstairs section).

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: