Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Open 05:15 to 20:00 hrs daily, for Gold/Emerald and First passengers, plus guest, usual oneworld rules apply.

Buffet from 05:15, menu food from 7am

For the Gatwick South BA User Guide, click here.
Details on the Club lounge can be found here:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ub-lounge.html

Review: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ub-lounge.html

Print Wikipost

London Gatwick South: First Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by T8191
IMO, April isn’t going to be ‘Summer’ !
I definitely agree with that sentiment, but I guess the question came about because of this post from TyneTraveller in October:

Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
The summer schedule ramps up again on Sunday 31st March. They always change in line with the UK clock adjustments.
I have to admit I don't have a clue about summer versus winter, I genuinely thought the opening times would be the same all year around...
T8191 and SavvyTravel like this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by JustTheOne
I definitely agree with that sentiment, but I guess the question came about because of this post from TyneTraveller in October:

I have to admit I don't have a clue about summer versus winter, I genuinely thought the opening times would be the same all year around...
... and indeed when I used to do LGW-EDI regularly the flights were earlier in Summer rather than Winter, so you would have thought it'd be the other way around if anything!
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond

That's what I would have thought or even LONGER in summer given the apparent prevalence of more holiday type destinations from LGW. We shall see and I will report back on the thread.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:30 pm

Just to check do I have LGW Club World access coming off a Club World flight onto a Club Europe flight ?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by argonath
Just to check do I have LGW Club World access coming off a Club World flight onto a Club Europe flight ?
Hi,

Yes you do.

(Keep hold of your inbound CW bp to show at the lounge entrance)

Regards

TBS
argonath likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:36 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Yes you do.

(Keep hold of your inbound CW bp to show at the lounge entrance)

Regards

TBS
Cheers TBS
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Surely CW and CE have access anyway?? The onward CE BP is all that’s needed.

Am I missing a nuance here?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:38 pm

Yes, both cabins do. Not at all.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:40 pm

Indeed my fault as the fact completely passed me by that we'd have access through CE tickets...doh
T8191 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
New champagne in LGW First lounge

Forgive me if others have noted this elsewhere, but currently in LGW First for the first time in a couple of months (sympathy for dealing with bucket and spiders in security welcome) and there’s a new rosé champagne - Champagne Jeeper which seems to retail at around £45 a bottle. The normal fizz is now Canard-Duchene that’s about £20 in Waitrose. A slight upping of the BA soft product??
T8191 and flyer200 like this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Mapman
Forgive me if others have noted this elsewhere, but currently in LGW First for the first time in a couple of months (sympathy for dealing with bucket and spiders in security welcome) and there’s a new rosé champagne - Champagne Jeeper which seems to retail at around £45 a bottle. The normal fizz is now Canard-Duchene that’s about £20 in Waitrose. A slight upping of the BA soft product??
It's been around a while now and agree, it's a very welcome addition! The rosè that is.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I've never seen any spiders at LGW! But I would say that there will be a lot less of them in the Premium lane than in the normal lane! Also if you get yourself security ready so it's bish bash of your carry on etc into the trays you can wriggle around the slow passengers who need telling several times to take your liquids out!

As to the champers I do like a bit of rose and I can safely say BA are paying a lot less than £45 a bottle!
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:11 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
there’s a new rosé champagne - Champagne Jeeper which seems to retail at around £45 a bottle. The normal fizz is now Canard-Duchene that’s about £20 in Waitrose. A slight upping of the BA soft product??
These brands are also available in T3 and T5 Flounges.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Just a quick report back that indeed on April 9 that the F lounge was open at 5.30 (assume 5.15) (buffet only). I guess that the summer/winter thing is just some remnant of some previous practice.

T8191 and JustTheOne like this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by SavvyTravel
Just a quick report back that indeed on April 9 that the F lounge was open at 5.30 (assume 5.15) (buffet only). I guess that the summer/winter thing is just some remnant of some previous practice.
Sorry I meant to update on this. The Summer 2019 times are

Tuesdays 05:00 hrs
Other 6 days 05:15 hrs.

Closes at 20:00 hrs 7 days a week.

In other words they have correctly updated the oneworld website timings. I will let someone else find out what is the early service on Tuesdays.
T8191 and SavvyTravel like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.